Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

BioShock 2 Free for North American PlayStation Plus Tomorrow

This is a discussion on BioShock 2 Free for North American PlayStation Plus Tomorrow within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; I was going to download it. But it has multiplayer trophies.... I hate games with multiplayer trophies...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I was going to download it. But it has multiplayer trophies.... I hate games with multiplayer trophies

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by N_Triple_AAA View Post
    I was going to download it. But it has multiplayer trophies.... I hate game with multiplayer trophies
    So don't play the MP. I'm not even sure how active the online community is for this game. I'm going to play it because it seems like a fun game... I probably won't bother to platinum it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

a shame I already own it

Change is mediocre

Why would they do really popular games? Chances are most subscribers have bought it already.

PRO Member

Cool, I played the first one but never the second. My subscription just expired a couple of days ago. Better resubscribe quick.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Irony, I just picked up Bioshock 2 last Wednesday. This happens EACH time when a free title hit's PS+ to me. It makes me sad but this is why I end up not becoming a PS+ member. Its not worth it if I end up owning each game that is free. lol.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    So don't play the MP. I'm not even sure how active the online community is for this game. I'm going to play it because it seems like a fun game... I probably won't bother to platinum it.
    i played through for the Plat over the summer, and there were plenty of people still playing.
    Odds are, if the game is now free, the MP count will go back up.

the MP wasn't too bad either - there are plenty of options for ranking up that don't involve killing people, in case you are like me and can't get one-hit headshots while jumping and turning in midair.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    i played through for the Plat over the summer, and there were plenty of people still playing.
    Odds are, if the game is now free, the MP count will go back up.

the MP wasn't too bad either - there are plenty of options for ranking up that don't involve killing people, in case you are like me and can't get one-hit headshots while jumping and turning in midair.
    That's good to know... thanks. I will give it a try.

PRO Member

More FPS oh so happy to know that since i wont buy games 4 a long time so yey

*insert Latin phrase*

BioShock 2? For free? I am so hopeful I'll have the gigabytes to contain it... BioShock is my all time favorite, so hopefully this is also great.

And the best part? Apparently my mom was giving it to me for Christmas. Now it's a matter of memory...

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

HDD corrupted u.u

The MP has gone to hell in this game.... Now its only full of exploit seeking ,headshotting, suiciding, circlejerking, nuthugging little shits.
    [floatleft][/floatleft]

AKA bar by Athena| Avatar by Dare_xLw
    |Signature by Luckay

My showcase

by "Neo Gimp" D1Mech and "Smudgetastic" djunglist

Sigs And Beyond (closed)/Deja View (open)
    Sigs/Banners/Avatars/Headers requests

Prayer Warrior

oh come on!!!!! EU gets batman AC and we get this? wtf sony? i really really hope this wasn't the big announcement. that would be horrible.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

An old-fashioned cowboy

I really wish it would've been the first Bioshock rather than the second as I've heard much better things about it. Oh well, I'll still go ahead and download it but I doubt I'll play it (if at all) until I play the first one.

Good News, Everyone!

They should lower the price of the first game (on PS Store) in response to this being free now.

September MotM 2013

This is a good deal since Bioshock 1 will be free as well if you get BioShock Infinite

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    They should lower the price of the first game (on PS Store) in response to this being free now.
    i seriously doubt they will since they will be giving the first one away with a new copy of infinite.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Korean Girl Group Groupie

For those complaining about the disparity between the EU and US stores, I'll put on my quoting glasses again from the PS Blog to answer some questions, this time courtesy of Morgan Haro.

Stay tuned to these updates throughout the month, and I think you’ll find that we’ll have plenty of content to match EU this December!
    EU shows their content monthly; so naturally it’ll appear to be more than how we show it via weekly updates. We’re also looking at monthly updates as well, but there are a number of considerations to review before moving forward with that outlook too. Thanks for the feedback to everyone on that note!
    So because of the way the EU store announces their content (all in one bunch, before the month comes) as opposed to the way the US store announces their content (on a week-to-week basis, with the it normally coming 1-2 days before Tuesdays) it does feel sometimes that the EU store gets more, but in actuality the two are somewhat balanced.

There are three more Tuesdays this month, and I am optimistic that the SCEA will hopefully have something more to give than this game (not that it's not a great game, I love Bioshock 2, it's just not as new or acclaimed as the EU line-up is.) that satiates our desire for more freebies from PS+.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah, problem is I am a platinum seeking person so having another game that I can't plat thanks to Multiplayer trophies would be really excruciating for me. Especially since I am not one of those FPS online pros that insta kill you the moment they see you o.o

Good News, Everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i seriously doubt they will since they will be giving the first one away with a new copy of infinite.
    Might have to buy Infinite then... I played the demo for Bio 1 and it was interesting at the very least.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Why would they do really popular games? Chances are most subscribers have bought it already.
    It probably correlates to what games have multiple DLC's for plus members to purchase, which in most cases are only popular games.

Anyway, this is nice although I've had it for a while, I havent played it yet. knew my good luck with the plus games would run out sometime
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast