Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Mass Effect Trophy List

This is a discussion on Mass Effect Trophy List within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s From memory, Squad Biotic/Tech kills do count if you're controlling your team's actions, so it's not ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

From memory, Squad Biotic/Tech kills do count if you're controlling your team's actions, so it's not necessary to play as anything but a Soldier. If they don't count - Soldier, Biotic, Engineer/Sentinel would be my three runs.
    That would be nice, but I read on an achievement guide that they do not count.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    That would be nice, but I read on an achievement guide that they do not count.
    You're right - i've just checked my 360 cheevos and I don't have the Biotic or Tech ones. That makes class selection a no-brainer - Soldier, Biotic and Engineer.

I'd probably go with Soldier + Kaiden + Liara, Biotic + Ashley + Tali, Engineer + Garrus + Wrex. Engineer for Normal, Biotic for Hard, Soldier for Insanity.

Soldier + Tali + Liara would be a better mix for an Insanity run, but they're the final two squadmates to recruit and some missions need to be accomplished prior to getting them, so there's a risk of not popping both of those Ally trophies in that run. If we get the Mass Effect DLC, those missions count towards the Ally trophies, so it's less of an issue.

There's also the Ashley vs Kaiden scenario to consider, so it may not be possible to team them up in one playthrough and get both of their Ally trophies.

Curb's played the ring out of Mass Effect, so if anyone's going to know for certain, it'll be him.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Welp, time for me to get a PSN card
    Haha, same here !

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    You're right - i've just checked my 360 cheevos and I don't have the Biotic or Tech ones. That makes class selection a no-brainer - Soldier, Biotic and Engineer.

I'd probably go with Soldier + Kaiden + Liara, Biotic + Ashley + Tali, Engineer + Garrus + Wrex. Engineer for Normal, Biotic for Hard, Soldier for Insanity.

Soldier + Tali + Liara would be a better mix for an Insanity run, but they're the final two squadmates to recruit and some missions need to be accomplished prior to getting them, so there's a risk of not popping both of those Ally trophies in that run. If we get the Mass Effect DLC, those missions count towards the Ally trophies, so it's less of an issue.

There's also the Ashley vs Kaiden scenario to consider, so it may not be possible to team them up in one playthrough and get both of their Ally trophies.

Curb's played the ring out of Mass Effect, so if anyone's going to know for certain, it'll be him.
    Ashley and Kaidan can both be gotten in the same playthrough despite the choice, as long as you do all your side missions, assignments, and other plotworlds before doing Virmire. Obviously it's easier to do them in separate playthroughs, but if you shoot yourself in the foot and leave both o them for last by accident, it's doable. As for the squadmate trophies in general, they seem to be less buggy than they were as achievements and maybe even less intensive as to their requirements for number of assignments, as they unlocked relatively early on my first playthrough.

I'd more or less recommend the same classes you did, although I'd say you could do either Soldier or Adept for Insanity as long as you doing it on a NG+ and not just a NG, as any higher-level character is better than being level 1. Other than that it doesn't matter, since if you've got the weapon kill trophies unlocked you can add an assault or sniper rifle skill tree to the Adept, and through Barrier or Combat Armor both classes have access to significant damage protection. Whichever route you go, I recommend having Singularity with you either from yourself as an Adept, or with Liara as a squadmate if you're a Soldier, since it's incredibly handy for crowd control.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123