Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bethesda to Work on Hearthfire and Dawnguard for PS3 after Dragonborn Releases

This is a discussion on Bethesda to Work on Hearthfire and Dawnguard for PS3 after Dragonborn Releases within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Bethesda Softworks , the company behind the game Skyrim recently announced that the latest DLC Dragonborn would be releasing for ...

September MotM 2013

Bethesda to Work on Hearthfire and Dawnguard for PS3 after Dragonborn Releases

Bethesda Softworks, the company behind the game Skyrim recently announced that the latest DLC Dragonborn would be releasing for the PS3 early next year, has said some more interesting things today. Skyrim an open world action role-playing game was released for the PS3 on November 11, 2011. In Skyrim you assume the role of the Dragonborn or Dovakiin as you are known by. As the Dovakiin your job is to defeat the evil dragon Alduin by getting the Elder Scroll and learning a special dragon shout. You will have to do whatever you can to stop Alduin from destroying the world of Skyrim.

Today Bethesda has stated that they are gonna focus working on Hearthfire and Dawnguard for the PS3 right away after the Dragonborn DLC releases for the PS3 early next year. Hearthfire and Dawnguard are the first two expansion packs that were announced, but have yet to come to the PS3 since their announcements. Bethesda had a couple things to say that goes along with this news.

Bethesda said the following thing:

"On PS3 in particular, we turned our attention to Dragonborn, as we thought it was the best content to release first, and we didn’t want folks to wait longer," Bethesda said. "Once it’s ready to go for everyone, we’ll continue our previous work on Hearthfire and Dawnguard for PS3.
    "Each one takes a lot of time and attention to work well in all circumstances and all combinations of DLC. Once we have a better idea of release timing and pricing, we’ll let you know."

Source: GameInformer.

Where The Wind Blows

Best news I've heard all day, although this means I'll have to play that awful Sims-In-Skyrim DLC Hearthfire to keep my 100%.

(Here's betting on "Who cares, I'm already done with Skyrim, fuck Bethesda" within the next three posts.)

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Resident PHD

Who cares, I'm already done with Skyrim, fuck Bethesda

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Gaming since PONG !

"Who cares, I'm already done with Skyrim, fuck Bethesda"(damn it someone beat me )
    Check and mate ! But for my two cents i got like 4 hours into the game and it was shelved

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Awesome news but I sold my copy months ago unfortunately. Already got the platinum and figured the DLC wasn't ever coming.

Hardcore!!!

I did start to play Skyrim again but then a copy of The Godfather distracted me.

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I almost got plat, but then I realized that I missed 3 of the daedric artifacts and I was going to do another playthrough just to get the artifacts, but I lost interest in the game. Maybe I should suck it up and play it so I can get another plat to brag about... >_>

Lvl 5 - Silver

Who cares, I havent finished Skyrim and I dont care about DLC's, Still fuck bethesda. (Fallout News bethesda ! Fallout news ! )
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Kid, not loser

Still won't believe it till I see it from them. Anyway who cares, I'm not playing Skyrim, fuck Bethesda

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Fuck Bethesa and their glitch ridden awesome game which I have a platted and will download the dlc just to play some more, get tophies and cross my fingers every time I open a door for fear of the game crashing (as it so often did until I turned off autosave and deleted all my old messages on the psn network). What a game. What an adventure. What an exercise in self control and frustration management.

An old-fashioned cowboy

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just started playing Skyrim last weekend cause I was certain this wouldn't happen.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Too little, too late it seems. Skyrim was rolling on the hype train within the first few months after its release, but has since decreased in day-to-day popularity, as most games do with time.

I will say this, the Dragonborn DLC does look to be pretty good, but I haven't revisited Skyrim in months and have no intention on doing so for the DLC, especially when the damn thing costs $20. You'd think they'd be more considerate and drop the price when they were pretty much shitting on PS3 owners. But nope, they continue to shit on us.

Otherwise, don't care for Hearthfire nor Dawnguard. They're also old news and didn't seem like anything special.

However, it's annoying that Bethesda is taking so long with releasing these DLCs. Skyrim DLC announcements, Dishonored's release, and the Elder Scrolls MMO are stopping the company from revealing anything new (*cough*Fallout 4*cough*) for an increasingly long time so as the company does not 'compete with itself.'

I'm annoyed with Skyrim, give me Fallout 4.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    $20.
    $20, I'm out. There's too many good games coming out in 2013 and I don't want to waste money on dlc for a game from 2011.

I'm not even done with Skyrim yet but fuck Bethesda.

You Know You Love Me

So basically what they're saying is that they haven't given the PS3 a second thought, and won't until after the release of the THIRD MAJOR DLC PACK. Bethesda are a joke.
    *waits to pickup Skyrim GOTY in a bargain bin 2 years from now*

DH
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

Great game and i can't wait to get my hands on the DLC crossbow time will be well worth the wait!

PSN ID: Devilhunter290
    Big thanks to D1Mech for this signature and avatar

Lvl 8 - Gold

Yeah, no... unless they release all three DLC in a pack for $10, I'm not wasting time or money on this. They've screwed us over for too long, even saying that the DLC wouldn't be coming to us at all, to care now. I may as well trade in my copy now while I can still get a few bucks for it, then save that money until I can get the GotY version for $20. This is just sad and ridiculous, and I hope the Playstation community doesn't forget this when they release their next game. Cause we're long passed the point of "Fool me once..."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's still ridiculous. I love Skyrim. Used to be my favorite game ever, until Far Cry 3 came along. But besides that, Bethesda still screwed us over. Oh they are working on it? Good for them. But I'm not gonna wait until November 2013 for them to release DLC we should have had months ago. Everybody will have moved on by then, if not already. There are just too many good games coming out in the beginning of next year as it is.

Bethesda, you are screwed.

Aes Dana

So i take it that a game of the year edition for the PS3 is a possibility?

Hero of Kvatch

As much as I hate Bethesda, I'll still gonna pick up the DLC on the day it drops

"War, war never changes."

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    Yeah, no... unless they release all three DLC in a pack for $10, I'm not wasting time or money on this. They've screwed us over for too long, even saying that the DLC wouldn't be coming to us at all, to care now. I may as well trade in my copy now while I can still get a few bucks for it, then save that money until I can get the GotY version for $20. This is just sad and ridiculous, and I hope the Playstation community doesn't forget this when they release their next game. Cause we're long passed the point of "Fool me once..."

Will never happen. The community will be like "shut up and take my money!" and then when a buggy as fuck Fallout 4 is released they will again be like "shut up and take my money!" (one only has to read these threads to see that) and then they will bitch about how the game is too buggy, is never patched, late dlc and then a new Elder Scrolls will be announced (not counting MMO) and the circle of life starts again.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast