Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BioShock for the Vita Is Still Possible

This is a discussion on BioShock for the Vita Is Still Possible within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Irrational Games the developers behind the game BioShock Infinite and 2K Games the company who have produced all the BioShock ...

September MotM 2013

BioShock for the Vita Is Still Possible

Irrational Games the developers behind the game BioShock Infinite and 2K Games the company who have produced all the BioShock games have given some hints about the possibility of BioShock being on the Vita. The BioShock series is a collection of three first-person shooter. The first two of which take place in the underwater city of Rapture and the new one BioShock Infinite which takes place in the city high up in the sky named Columbia. BioShock on the Vita would be a huge game for the system. Ken Levine who is BioShock Infinite's creative director said some things today about the possibility of BioShock coming to the Vita.

Today Irrational Games revealed its stance on BioShock for the Vita. They talked about their stance on it for the Vita at their BioShock Infinite preview event that happened this week in Los Angeles. The hint of BioShock for the Vita was first brought up at E3 2011 when Ken Levine himself brought out a Vita in his hands at Sony's press conference and referring to it as his so called "pet project." Since then fans have been if it was ever going to happen. So this week the following things were said.

The following things were said:

“That is in the hands of business people right now,” Levine told IGN. “It’s something I’m still interested in, and people ask me that all the time. Right now I’m just sort of waiting to see what the business people come up with, and that’s sort of out of my hands at this point. That’s something that I think has a lot of potential. The game idea we have has a lot of potential. It’s just a question of [if] their stars all align.”

Ken Levine also gave his stance on whether the Vita version would take place in Rapture or Columbia, and here is what he said:

“I actually never said where it was going to be set. I just said it would be in the BioShock franchise.”

Back then Ken Levine said some of the following things:

“it's a different project. It's its own thing being built from the ground up” and “a core game.”

He said that back then when he confirmed that BioShock Vita would be an all new game.

The last thing he said was back in October 2011 when he was referring to the project, and here is what it was:

“in the paper design stage” and noting that the Vita iteration is “a different goal. And it has to sort of have its own voice in the franchise.”

That is all the stuff that was said in the past and this week about BioShock being on the Vita.

Source: IGN.

Kiwi Defender

Well, at least it seems they won't simply port one of the game and add a few touchscreen features, but create a game for the Vita, which could potentially move a few more units.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Color me interested.

PRO Member

Only thing we can do is wait and dream

Angel of Death

Honestly I wouldn't mind a port of the first one or Infinite. A new Bioshock would be cool though.

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Ports are nice and all, but I think for Vita sales to go up, there needs to be a lot more Vita exclusives of popular franchises so that people become interested in something that will require the Vita rather than something that is available for the Vita, but they could just as soon purchase it for the PS3 they already own.

Blazikiller's Killer Checklist
    My checklist to Glory my dedication and organize my forgetfulness
    Currently Under Long-Term Renovation

Latest Accomplishment
    Mortal Kombat

Current Endeavours

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Kid, not loser

I'm disappointed to hear this. I remember hearing the “in the paper design stage” over a year ago and was hoping it would be very well in development by now, but to hear that it still is only in the stages of determining if it will still happen or not, with no confirmation of it is a major drag. I wish to have been playing it sometime next year but this only means it's at least a couple years from now till it's released or seeing anything of it.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Grandmasterpiece

BioShock is a huge franchise, putting it on Vita could definitely move some units, +1 unit for me.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Change is good

If they can pull it off, and not hand the game to Nihilistic, this may just be what the Vita needs to boost its sales.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

hope this comes through. would love to see a bioshock on vita

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

i hope a Bioshock game on the Vita actually materializes, that would be awesome

PRO Member

After all the delays and contracts expiring (people 'leaving'), I don't think anyone should have expected this to be out anytime soon. Sure it would be nice, yet just make sure the meat & potatoes isn't garbage for now.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Korean Girl Group Groupie

If I were SCEA - I'd be on the phone with Irrational's "business people" and see what can be done to make this project a reality. If Irrational is too tentative about pulling the trigger, see what you can do to make it a first party game and supplement the project by funding it yourself, using Irrational's staff.

A new Bioshock would sell like hotcakes on the VITA, and more importantly, move a ton of units. With Bioshock: Infinite almost done, I think that this project would be a no-brainer to get moving, but I think the concerns of the "business people" (or suits, as I like to call them) is that there isn't enough of a market with the current amount of VITA's available to make it worthwhile.

I'd guess at this point with the candidness of Levine's comments, that at best this game has a 50/50 shot of happening, which is a damn shame and will just be ammunition for the Sony antis to use as another empty promise from the company.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    BioShock is a huge franchise, putting it on Vita could definitely move some units, +1 unit for me.
    Providing the Vita isn't dead and buried by then.

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Lvl 6 - Silver

if they do make it hopefully they will put alot of effort into it. i dont want another 3ds quality game

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    If they can pull it off, and not hand the game to Nihilistic, this may just be what the Vita needs to boost its sales.
    Nihilistic isn't making big console/portable games.

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    Nihilistic isn't making big console/portable games.
    Have Resistance: Burning Skies and Black Ops: Declassified suddenly dropped off the face of the Earth?

PRO Member

Sign me up. I have a VITA now and a Bioshock exclusive would be awesome.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Have Resistance: Burning Skies and Black Ops: Declassified suddenly dropped off the face of the Earth?
    Key word: isn't. I should've put anymore for people who don't understand.

Nihilistic Software To Reboot As nStigate Games

♚ Overlord ♔

I wish it was possible now. But all i can do is still hope...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast