Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

New The Last Of Us Trailer Released & Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed

This is a discussion on New The Last Of Us Trailer Released & Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Originally Posted by Waystedyou Well I guess this confirms mulitplayer D: The MP was hinted at last year iirc so ...

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    Well I guess this confirms mulitplayer D:
    The MP was hinted at last year iirc so nothing new

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Random Access Memories

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Very clearly depicts my need for this fantastic looking game

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Box art and pre-order bonuses revealed:

Korean Girl Group Groupie

The multiplayer irks me. I think a game like this could have had a unique co-op mode included, but instead you go the competitive multiplayer route? And now, you go with something like costumes, that used to be unlocked for beating the game or meeting certain requirements, and now they are only there for pre-order bonuses? I remember with the first two Uncharted titles when Naughty Dog didn't feel the need to charge for such content.

I'm still forking out my cash on this day one, but the aspects being revealed aren't ones that I was looking forward to, and have put a damper on my excitement for the game (especially when Bioshock: Infinite has scorned adding a lackluster tacked on multiplayer at the cost of it's single player mode).

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    The multiplayer irks me. I think a game like this could have had a unique co-op mode included, but instead you go the competitive multiplayer route? And now, you go with something like costumes, that used to be unlocked for beating the game or meeting certain requirements, and now they are only there for pre-order bonuses? I remember with the first two Uncharted titles when Naughty Dog didn't feel the need to charge for such content.

I'm still forking out my cash on this day one, but the aspects being revealed aren't ones that I was looking forward to, and have put a damper on my excitement for the game (especially when Bioshock: Infinite has scorned adding a lackluster tacked on multiplayer at the cost of it's single player mode).
    Well wait a minute here. Naughty Dog's been working on this for about 3 years now, so I think the game's had enough time gone into it to have legitimate single and multiplayer modes. At the same time, I've bought and played the ND's Uncharted games, and they're underwhelmingly short without much replay value (the MP was good in 2, bad in 3) If this is a quality multiplayer experience, it will add on many much-needed hours to the game. Ultimately justifying the fact I spent $60 on it.

I'm still hoping for a DayZ-esque multiplayer. That would be so epic.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Kid, not loser

I think the mp will be great actually. Uncharted 3's mp was great, just executed badly and just didn't feel like the uniqueness 2 had. Either way the sp will be great and the mp will be a fun add on to the experience.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Well wait a minute here. Naughty Dog's been working on this for about 3 years now, so I think the game's had enough time gone into it to have legitimate single and multiplayer modes. At the same time, I've bought and played the ND's Uncharted games, and they're underwhelmingly short without much replay value (the MP was good in 2, bad in 3) If this is a quality multiplayer experience, it will add on many much-needed hours to the game. Ultimately justifying the fact I spent $60 on it.

I'm still hoping for a DayZ-esque multiplayer. That would be so epic.
    I highly doubt the 3 years was split between the multiplayer and the singleplayer. Sony exclusives now almost always have multiplayer for one reason - the online pass. We could go ahead and pretend that this game was begging for the competitive aspect and will benefit richly in terms of sales, critical acclaim, and player satisfaction from it's inclusion - but that's doubtful to be the case. I'd bet a sock full of pennies that this games multiplayer is pretty damn close to the exact thing we saw from the Uncharted franchises, and the preorder bonuses really point to it being like Uncharted 3's.

The line at the end of the blog also screams out that this is being tacked on, or else details wouldn't be so "secretive."

Is it possible that I am wrong about this? Yep, but I don't think I am, and the betting odds are that this multiplayer isn't going to add one lick to what looked like another promising single-player only franchise.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Up the Irons!

Looks great, but sadly I won't pick it up on release because there will be too many games coming out during then that I want more. But I will for sure get this game down the road.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

INTJ

why in the living fuck does the last of us have a multiplayer mode.

and why are the pre-order bonuses 1 Day advantages aka Pay 2 win bullshittery

come on sony i want this game please dont screw it up

Lvl 5 - Silver

Jesus fucking Christ what a amazing trailer...I was very excited with the teaser and I knew I would went crazy with the trailer....May already looks so far.BTW I can't believe,so its true TLoU will have MP...what a fail...fail ND this game has single-player only written all over it.Well at least is the team behind UC2 MP which is the best so I have some hope.

Toggle Spoiler

Prayer Warrior

if this game is as good as advertised and doesn't win goty next year then something is wrong

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

Awesome ! Most wanted for next year for me, can't wait

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

i'm really looking forward to May now

INTJ

oh by the way

whoever made that box art is really good at boxarts. It keeps it original and fresh while telling everyone what it's about.

it aint like that bioshock infinite shit where it's mr mc cool with a shotgun looking down while american flags burn and telling you about pre-order bonuses on the fucking box

It's All Spandex!

Its gonna be a great game and I bet alot of people are gonna call this guide

Lvl 11 - Elite

Looks better than I expected! And I'm hoping MP is gonna be good, I think it has the potential to be unique

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i wish they'd just make a collector's edition that bundles all of the pre-order items together. but i think i'll go with gamestop since i live closer to them.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Posted a thread in the TLOU section without seeing this, sorry about that. Anyway as I said, I'm not interested in multiplayer. Co-op would be fine, just nothing competitive. I guess this game will be added to the list of games with tacked on mutliplayer mode.

Angel of Death

The box-art is pretty cool. Don't really care for the pre-order bonuses.

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Posted a thread in the TLOU section without seeing this, sorry about that. Anyway as I said, I'm not interested in multiplayer. Co-op would be fine, just nothing competitive. I guess this game will be added to the list of games with tacked on mutliplayer mode.
    Its all good man

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast