Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dead Space 3 Details Emerge

This is a discussion on Dead Space 3 Details Emerge within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Over the past week or so, there has been all kind of reports of the next Dead Space 3 being ...

Scotch and Pain Killers

Dead Space 3 Details Emerge

Over the past week or so, there has been all kind of reports of the next Dead Space 3 being in Development, with leaks such as Artwork and the Logo, among other things, and now there is new information regarding the plot, and other little details of the inevitable, yet unconfirmed third title.

These Leaks explain several plot points and features that the game could possibly have, so expect a spoiler or two from the previous games. The points include the main character of the previous installments, Issac Clarke, will be returning, along with his mental state dropping rapidly, as reports mention that Clarke will have a 'secondary personality,' that they are calling 'Shadow Issac.' This Shadow will supposedly haunt Issac throughout the game, similiar to the way his dead girlfriend, Nicole did in Dead Space 2. The Shadow self will supposedly be a separate on-screen character which you can see, as it constantly taunts Issac for his failures, both past and present.

Whether or not Issac is losing his sanity, or suffering from hallucinations caused by yet another Alien Artifact remains to be seen.

Along with this, the website Siliconera reported a new location where Dead Space 3 will take place, an ice cold, snowy planet know as Tau Volantis, which is constantly under threats from a dangerous Blizzard. This could possibly bring new gameplay elements into the game, such as Issac needing to seek shelter if the cold becomes too much, and using the cold to his advantage as he fights Necromorphs.

A supposed story point from the game is as follows:

Early in Dead Space 3, Isaac crash lands on the planet. He believes he may be the only survivor and makes his way to an abandoned waystation, which he uses for shelter from the snowstorm. There he finds a survivor who is severely injured. Isaac speaks to the near dead comrade who reveals there are other survivors that trekked off to another facility. One of them is Ellie, a key character from the original Dead Space game. Isaac grabs a snowsuit and heads into the blizzard.

Later in the game, Isaac reunites with Ellie and a new character named Jennifer. The trio scale a mountain, but Jennifer is reluctant to do so. She’s a tech type excited over finding a codex and plans to reverse engineer research by a group called Rosetta to gain access to it. As they climb up the mountain, they hear a howl from below, but cannot spot what kind of creature made the sound.
    Siliconera also states that the enemies are referred to as the 'Hive Mind'.

Plenty of new information, but whether or not it is true remains to be seen. While EA haven't confirmed anything on a third Dead Space game, the chances of it being true could be likely, as it came from the same source that correctly called out a Syndicate scoop recently.

Either way, the details we have here are interesting, and the new icy planet could be a nice change of pace from the usual space gameplay, with plenty of opportunities for new elements. What's your thought on all of this? Would you like a new snowy environment?

Source: Siliconera / ComputerandVideogames
    Last edited by BountyHunterInc; 10-04-2011 at 07:52 AM.

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Sounds creepy... I like it!

In the mood to finally buy DS1...

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Lvl 9 - Gold

For once, I'd like there to be something else for Isaac to rally against, maybe at some point, a few government official officers ro somethin', maybe the locals on the Ice planet.

I love the idea of 'Shadow Isaac', this could be interesting....

Thanks for the quick info :0

Legalize it...

Sounds pretty awesome IMO...

Crocodile Hunter

agreed, might be time to buy the DS series

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I loved dead space 1, and dead space 2 just didn't do it for me. I thought a few of the trophies were over the top. Like beating impossible mode only saving a max of 3 times! Come on like impossible mode isn't hard enough.

Scotch and Pain Killers

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    For once, I'd like there to be something else for Isaac to rally against, maybe at some point, a few government official officers ro somethin', maybe the locals on the Ice planet.
    You're in luck, also detailed is a bit of information stating that there is a warrant out for Issac's arrest, and a Security Company called 'EarthGov' are tracking him, possibly due to the events that happened in Dead Space 2 on the Sprawl.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Awesome! Can't wait for this game! Thanks for this.

Team Dingleberry

Not sure how I like the idea of a Dead Space game that's not in space... although a blizzard could be just as creepy and lonely for Isaac.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Sounds great and I do hope they incorporate the cold weather as a gameplay element.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Nice. New storm and cold mechanics sure to sound like a game changer for Dead Space. I just hope they make it actually scary.

missing since 1996

Love it can't wait need more horror in my life

Thanks dsluckay for the Awesome sig and avatar

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I already called gamestop and they are excepting pre-orders!!!!! NICE

дурак

Ok so the thread that had this information prior wasn't total bullcrap in the slightest. Well, as worried as I am that there is already some information a new installment only 10 months after the prior one came out, I'll buy it. I personally welcome the change of scenery.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

PRO Member

omg i loved the first two i cant wait!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm sure it'll be great....Just hope this Jennifer chick isn't some blonde, secret unitologist out to screw you over. Been one in both of the last two, don't want to see it again.....As for the blizzard....kinda sounds like the Thing - Kurt Russell + Isaac Clarke = Awesome.

Bringing the PAIN

Im liking it... Seems like they could put a very odd environment around the marker or "markers" in this game such as a sweltering swamp or burning hot molten area that is being produced by the Necro creatures around it and such... Would make a mind twisting and tactic changing bit of gameplay if your so used to blizzard and then are in an extreme different area!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

PRO Ninja

the Hand Cannon was awesome in Dead Space 2

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

PRO Member

I like the idea of Shadow Issac and being in a blizzard, not knowing if the enemy is next to you can add to the scare factor. I would also like to see Lexine in the game in some way.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I love this game, can't wait for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast