Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tomb Raider Multiplayer Announced

This is a discussion on Tomb Raider Multiplayer Announced within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Tomb Raider seemed to have had a multiplayer announcement a few days ago. This Tomb Raider is a complete reboot ...

Death is Awaiting....

Tomb Raider Multiplayer Announced

Tomb Raider seemed to have had a multiplayer announcement a few days ago. This Tomb Raider is a complete reboot of the series with a completely remade Lara Croft. You play as a younger Lara who crashes on a isolated tropical island after her ship gets hit by a deadly storm and splits into two. While on this island, Lara comes across a dark threat that makes the island more dangerous.. Lara must face this threat and get off the island to safety. Tomb Raider is set to release for the PS3 on March 5, 2013.

What do you think about adding multiplayer to the Tomb Raider series? Are you excited to be playing those new gamemodes that weren't even released?! I'd like to try out some Raider TDM, or Capture the Raider, haha. But honestly, I don't feel as if multiplayer would ruin the series whatsoever. Seems like it'll bring a new aspect to the game. Hope it works well.

Source: Tomb Raida

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

As with GoW:Ascension, I'm not going to be hasty and say wtf have they done that for!? I'll reserve judgement for if and when I play it. I'm not overly keen of online but sometimes if implemented right, it works a treat. Dispite the online trophies, I thought AC:B online was great fun. Lets see what happens with this when we get more details.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

AWWWWWW YEAHHHH!!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Noooo there's gonna be shitty mp trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    As with GoW:Ascension, I'm not going to be hasty and say wtf have they done that for!? I'll reserve judgement for if and when I play it. I'm not overly keen of online but sometimes if implemented right, it works a treat. Dispite the online trophies, I thought AC:B online was great fun. Lets see what happens with this when we get more details.
    well ascension multiplayer is great so far not sure this game needs a multiplayer probably gonna feel tacked-on

Avy and Sig By Pixie of Darkness

*insert Latin phrase*

I'm gonna be optimistic and hope for the best for the multiplayer. It could definitely be amazing if they play it right.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

ehh i hope they dont have get to level 50 or something if they multiplayer isnt that great i really didnt like that for AC:B

Lvl 5 - Silver

Hum...utterly unnecessary just like Ascension...just to take away space that could've been used to make the SP longer.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 6 - Silver

i dont thin kthat this game should have multiplayer like god of war, but in the end it might turn out to be ok

Lvl 6 - Silver

aaaaaand now that game is ruined

Summer holidays :)

I don't think Tomb Raider really needs multiplayer tbh but it could be ok, having said that, i hate mp trophies so i'd rather it didn't bother and just concentrate on a great sp

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by goldberg_malta View Post
    i dont thin kthat this game should have multiplayer like god of war, but in the end it might turn out to be ok
    god of war MP is great so far

Avy and Sig By Pixie of Darkness

PRO Member

The same, typical complaints anytime developers add MP. There is no proof that the SP will suffer due to this. There is no proof that the SP will be shorter because of this. Instead of always attacking these decisions, give it a chance. If you don't like the MP, then don't play it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm sorry but this game just doesn't need MP. Tomb Raider is and has always been a solo adventure. If you can't even play as Lara, then what's the point? She IS Tomb Raider. This feels very much like a developer cramming in a MP facet to the game just because it's en vogue to have MP in games these days. It's becoming more and more common. Look no further than this game, GOD OF WAR : Ascension and 2010's Dead Space 2 for proof. All 3 of these examples are games that are best played solo, yet the developers went ahead and jammed MP into these titles. The end result, at least in Dead Space 2's case was a potential-filled, but completely unremarkable MP experience. I have no reason to think it's going to be otherwise with either Tomb Raider or GOW: Ascension. I'm sure they'll be fun for a novelty, but I highly doubt either will have any staying power. When a game is good enough to stand on it's own as a SP game, let it. See 'Vanquish' for a good example of that. That game could easily have had a MP component to it and may have even been fantastic with it, but the devs chose against it in order to make the SP experience the best they could. And boy did they!

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 1 - Bronze

S**t why are developers so obsessed into adding multiplayer to legendary games of the past such as Tomb Raider and God of War?

Those games marked history thanks to the unique single player experience they have. Adding online play means reducing SP depth A LOT.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

no multiplayer pure waste of money & time anything else but multiplayer survival,hunted add more levels but no multiplayer please think of something else

Lvl 6 - Silver

What is with the MP already?! God this is getting played out. Plats just can't be offline anymore either.
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

PRO Ninja

great news, i love multiplayer trophies like Killzone, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Ninja Gaiden, Grand Theft Auto and CoD plus all these racing games

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

JINTRAy

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

I'm not particularly fond of MP, but I guess we'll see how this goes...

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

PRO Member

for this to be the first game of them remaking tomb raider, i think the first game should have been left SP...
    but guess we'll just see how it goes =/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast