BioShock and BioShock 2, the games that came to you from producer 2K Games and developers Irrational Games have just gotten their own collection announced by the two companies. The new collection that was announced in called the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition. The collection itself was first hinted at a couple months back on another website. In BioShock 1 you are first introduced to the city of Rapture and in the game you play as Jack, who's goal is to take down Andrew Ryan and Fontaine and then escape Rapture and return to the surface to safety. In BioShock 2 you once again return to Rapture, but this time around you play as an older version of a Big Daddy. In the game your mission is to get back to Eleanor who is being held captive by Sofia Lamb. The Big Daddy's goal is to kill Sofia Lamb and get Eleanor to safety.
Today Irrational Games has announced the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition, which includes the first two BioShock games in it. Thats not the only thing that was announced by Irrational Games. The first thing that was announced is that the collection will be releasing on January 14, 2013 in NA, while the EU release date has yet to be announced. The collection will be priced at $30. The next thing it will include is some never before seen concept art. Finally the collection will include all of the DLC from both games.
The Stuff Included:
Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.Source: Gameranx.● Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics – Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster – for use in BioShock.
● Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3 and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
● Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
● Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
● The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
● Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
● Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShockuniverse.