Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition Confirmed & Release Date Announced

This is a discussion on BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition Confirmed & Release Date Announced within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; BioShock and BioShock 2 , the games that came to you from producer 2K Games and developers Irrational Games have ...

September MotM 2013

BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition Confirmed & Release Date Announced

BioShock and BioShock 2, the games that came to you from producer 2K Games and developers Irrational Games have just gotten their own collection announced by the two companies. The new collection that was announced in called the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition. The collection itself was first hinted at a couple months back on another website. In BioShock 1 you are first introduced to the city of Rapture and in the game you play as Jack, who's goal is to take down Andrew Ryan and Fontaine and then escape Rapture and return to the surface to safety. In BioShock 2 you once again return to Rapture, but this time around you play as an older version of a Big Daddy. In the game your mission is to get back to Eleanor who is being held captive by Sofia Lamb. The Big Daddy's goal is to kill Sofia Lamb and get Eleanor to safety.

Today Irrational Games has announced the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition, which includes the first two BioShock games in it. Thats not the only thing that was announced by Irrational Games. The first thing that was announced is that the collection will be releasing on January 14, 2013 in NA, while the EU release date has yet to be announced. The collection will be priced at $30. The next thing it will include is some never before seen concept art. Finally the collection will include all of the DLC from both games.

The Stuff Included:

Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
    ● Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics – Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster – for use in BioShock.

● Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3 and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.

● Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.

● Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.

● The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.

● Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.

● Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShockuniverse.
    Source: Gameranx.
    Last edited by U.M.A._Mailman19; 01-04-2013 at 10:44 AM.

KCCO!

I may have to cop this ... for such a good price and ALL DLC.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Great price for the games, though the only DLC worth playing is Minerva's Den (even better than BioShock 2 itself), the multiplayer is kinda meh but required for Platinum >.>

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Indie Game Developer

Hmm, I have BioShock 2 (free from PS+) but I don't really want to play it... How terrible is the online in terms of getting BioShock 2 to 100% (so, including DLC)?
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Unfortunately I already have the original BioShock and I have no want/need of BioShock 2 so I won't be picking this up. However, this is one helluva deal. Two great games and all their DLC + a few bonuses for half the price of one game? Awesome stuff.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

She Got Me Up All Night

Sounds good to me and I'm not a BioShock fan

Banned

Damn good price, $30 for both games and all DLC? Where do I sign up!

Thanks for posting Mailman

PRO Member

Hopefully this adds some life to BioShock 2 MP.
    YouTube: Sk3pT1kaL

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Even though I got Bio2 free with Plus, the DLC is $25 I believe.. So this is a steal of a deal.

Blazikiller's Killer Checklist
    My checklist to Glory my dedication and organize my forgetfulness
    Currently Under Long-Term Renovation

Latest Accomplishment
    Mortal Kombat

Current Endeavours

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Hmm, I have BioShock 2 (free from PS+) but I don't really want to play it... How terrible is the online in terms of getting BioShock 2 to 100% (so, including DLC)?
    If you just want the Plat the MP trophies are straightforward but since the MP is a bit boring it's still annoying. I'd say it would take around 20-25 hours to get to 40 (level cap), a lot less if you're actually good (I suck at online FPS).
    Now to 100% you better not even try because NOBODY plays the DLC maps as of 6 months ago. Maybe when the collection comes out people will (or with the free BioShock 2 for Plus members, haven't played it in months). It's not Uncharted DLC insane but still annoying.

The game itself has pretty solid matchmaking and netcode though, if people are playing a match you'll most likely find it.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

I hope this comes out in Europe too

Platinum Procrastinator

This is an awesome deal and I might buy it even though I already own both games (2 copies of Bioshock 2) and all of the DLC.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Its plugged into the wall

Wait.... Wasn't there talk about the original Bioshock coming with Bioshock Infinite? Doesn't it make a good chunk of this collection pointless?

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Wait.... Wasn't there talk about the original Bioshock coming with Bioshock Infinite? Doesn't it make a good chunk of this collection pointless?
    Whelp BioShock 1 will be coming free with North American Versions of BioShock Infinite only

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Inactive

Looks worth it for that price. I still need to play the first game though.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Go Blue Jackets!!

2 of the best games ever made even though I already own them both I'm buying this just as a collectors item
    I don't own a PS3 anymore because my games of gaming have come to an end...

Angel of Death

Dammit! I just bought the first one, and second is free on PS+. >_> Might pass.

Random Access Memories

Good purchase for those who don't already own both games

It's worth it for the DLC alone.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

this is awesome news. I've been wanting to play the dlc for a long time. I'm definitely getting this.

sig by Auburn

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

I have both games, but this is a great deal for those without these games.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast