Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Release Date

This is a discussion on Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Release Date within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; The first Sniper: Ghost Warrior sold well enough to warrant the creation of a sequel, which has since been announced ...

Death is Awaiting....

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Release Date

The first Sniper: Ghost Warrior sold well enough to warrant the creation of a sequel, which has since been announced for release on 12th of March this year. The announcement was made by the game's developer City Interactive, who plans to release the game through Namco Bandai internationally. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is set to take place during the Balkan war of the mid-90s in the heart of Sarajevo, Bosnia. Players will no doubt have the opportunity to take shots at forces opposed to NATO. Unlike the first game, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 is expected to contain a lot of heavy content detailing the war crimes that occurred during the war, and is the first ever time that a videogame has covered the brutal conflict.

A trailer of the game can be seen below.

Source: Ghost Warrior

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Looks great. I played the first game on my PC, but if i'll pick this up, it'll be to PS3...

Rangers F.C

Looks good , I was really interested in the first one , till a few of my real life friends said it was terrible but lets hope they get it right this time .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I liked the 1st game. The only down side is the crap online trophies. Really hope they change that

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I was really interested in the first one , till a few of my real life friends said it was terrible but lets hope they get it right this time .
    And right they were. I bought it (PC), and it was truly horrible.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

On Amazon it says 15th of January o:

Edit: I was checking Amazon UK. Is the release date OP posted for the USA release, or global?
    Platinums I'm working on: Dark Souls II, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, Call Of Duty Ghosts, Need For Speed Rivals

Platinums I have: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, The Darkness II, The Godfather, WWE '12, Soul Calibur II HD Online

R.I.P Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Looks good , I was really interested in the first one , till a few of my real life friends said it was terrible but lets hope they get it right this time .

I really enjoyed the first one. And one of the few people to get the Platinum on it
    Put it in hardcore mode and it's awesome. The online was fun too...
    Cant wait for this

R.I.P Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by synister2410 View Post
    On Amazon it says 15th of January o:

Edit: I was checking Amazon UK. Is the release date OP posted for the USA release, or global?
    Yeh, quite a few different places have put the UK release date as 15th January...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Yeh, quite a few different places have put the UK release date as 15th January...
    This is so confusing! I went on the wiki page and it said BOTH of these things:

"Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is the upcoming sequel to Sniper: Ghost Warrior. It is under development by City Interactive for Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita[6], Wii U[3], and Xbox 360 and is due for release on March 12, 2013."

"
    The initial release was scheduled in August 2012 but Eurogamer revealed the game was pushed back to October, which was then pushed back again to January 2013 on July 26, 2012. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 will be released in both the normal retail version and a limited "Bulletproof Steelbook Edition" that includes the soundtrack, a booklet of the history of sniping and extra downloadable content."
    If you go on the official website to preorder it it brings up websites where you can pre-order it from.

Gamestop has it down as 6/5/2013.
    Blockbuster as 1/2/2013.
    The Hut as 15/1/2013
    Shopto as 12/3/2013
    Tesco as 12/3/2013
    Zavvi as 15/1/2013
    Play.com as 15/1/2013
    Game has TBC
    and Amazon has 15/1/2013.
    Platinums I'm working on: Dark Souls II, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, Call Of Duty Ghosts, Need For Speed Rivals

Platinums I have: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, The Darkness II, The Godfather, WWE '12, Soul Calibur II HD Online

Lvl 5 - Silver

Ha I love how devs put phrases like "everything you are about to see is actual game footage" expecting,assuming or hoping that we gonna get impressed by the crappy multiplat graphics they show.Anyway I've read a lot of bad things about the 1st one,I never tried so I wont judge but this one don't look good.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

hmmmmmmm i never played the 1st one always wanted to
    "Keep Listening to music, because it gets you through everything, I Promise"
    - Mitch Lucker 1984-2012