Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Coming to PSN Next Week

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Coming to PSN Next Week within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Rockstar has announced that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will be coming to PlayStation Network on January 29m 2013 in ...

Death is Awaiting....

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Coming to PSN Next Week

Rockstar has announced that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will be coming to PlayStation Network on January 29m 2013 in North America and January 30 in Europe. Vice City will be released as a PS2 Classic, (so no trophies as usual) for $9.99 - 7.99).

Vice City was rated by the ESRB for PlayStation 3 back in January of last year, but this marks the first official confirmation from Rockstar. Earlier this year, Rockstar celebrated the 10th anniversary of Vice City and released a version for iOS and Android. This is the third GTA title to be released as a PS2 classic recently, following Grand Theft Auto III in September and San Andreas back in December. I still wish they would just come out with a Collection already, but this is fine too.

10th Anniversary

Source: Vice City

Lvl 2 - Bronze

No trophy=no money. I can't help but feel that this is a slap in the face for scrapping backwards compatibility. As much fun as a trip to see Roxxxy or hang at The Pole Position would be, $10 is egregious.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

idk why they are releasing good ass games as "classics" so there is no trophy support everyone knows if they had trophies for all the ps2 games they have released on psn they would make a shit load of more money isnt that what they want anyway? fuck i would buy but if i wanna play it ill just bust out the ol ps2
    "Keep Listening to music, because it gets you through everything, I Promise"
    - Mitch Lucker 1984-2012

Chocobo Master

No trophies? Oh well, just going to enjoy the game any way. Does every game that get released got to have trophies so that "so called gamers" can be satisfied? It's a good game but to short IMO.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

PRO Member

If I didn't have these games on Disc and my PS2 wasn't backward compatible I'd pick them up.

However they should offer a program for those who don't have BC to be able to take any disc game that they have that is on PS2 classics download and trade.

NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS - I Will Decline Them

Wanna Boost? - Killzone 3 DLC, MAG, Warhawk, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Resistance 2, Portal 2, Sacred 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Dead Nation, Alien Breed (all of them)

Lvl 6 - Silver

An HD collection would have easily been a better solution..... oh well.
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

PRO Member

Screw trophies it's a great game, I pity all trophy whores who won't get a game for that kind of reason, shame on you, go play a lousy game at least you get a plat

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    Screw trophies it's a great game, I pity all trophy whores who won't get a game for that kind of reason, shame on you, go play a lousy game at least you get a plat
    OMG couldn't have said better myself...such a truth.Well people that don't play games because does not have trophies aren't true gamers simple as that.

Anyway ha $10 for vice city?...oh please fuckin never...wouldn't give $1 for this game even with trophies and cross-buy and whatever.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I need help with all the alien breeds , dead nation im at the last level on morbid u help me ill help u. biddaddy kanre
    Last edited by jt1940; 01-26-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: forgot name

Lvl 1 - Bronze

trophies r what make games fun. after u beat it ,it gives a reason to keep playing.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by jt1940 View Post
    I need help with all the alien breeds , dead nation im at the last level on morbid u help me ill help u. biddaddy kanre
    Wrong thread

Anyways if I didnt already have the retail then I would buy it. Trophies or not its a fun game, and no trophies dont make keep playing a game. If the game is good/great you should play it reguardless of trophies or not

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    I agree but it doesn't change the fact that adding trophies to older games would increase sales for them and it's a poor move to re-release these without it. Also, is this a HD release? I don't see it being mentioned - if it's not a more-pleasing visually GTA Vice City then it's a waste of money. Just bust out your older console and save yourself some lunch money.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)

Currently Playing
    `Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor [100%]
    `LEGO The Lord of the Rings [100%]
    `Tomb Raider (PS4) [59%]

Signature & Avatar
    `courtesy of DaRe_xLw