Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black Ops II Massive Patch Hits the 360, Other Platforms to Follow

This is a discussion on Black Ops II Massive Patch Hits the 360, Other Platforms to Follow within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Treyarch has released a rather massive patch that changes a shitload of things in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. ...

Death is Awaiting....

Black Ops II Massive Patch Hits the 360, Other Platforms to Follow

Treyarch has released a rather massive patch that changes a shitload of things in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. There are stability changes, gameplay balances and even weapon tweaks. Surprising, right? The new update is 32MB. Currently, the patch is only live on the Xbox 360, but Treyarch states that it will "arrive soon" for the other beloved platforms. If you want to read the entire thing, here is everything;

New Features & New Feature Improvements:

• Added support for Live Streaming in all Public Match playlists.
    • Added League Best from Season 1 to Player Card.
    • If you played in multiple series and/or multiple teams then your highest division and rank will be displayed. The League Best will span all seasons. If you finish with a higher division rank in Season 2 then your new League Best will be displayed after Season 2.
    • Added a Cumulative Daily Pool instead of a Weekly Pool in League Play. 200 Rank Points are added to a player’s pool every day. Points that are not used are rolled into the next day.
    • Added 2 new pages to the Combat Record (the Combat Summary and Medals.)
    • Implemented sorting of Medals in the After Action Report.
    • Lowered HUD threshold for the “low health” overlay to increase player’s awareness of low health.
    • Added a “Go to Top” button for the League Leaderboard.
    Issues Addressed:

• Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any”.
    • Addressed an issue where the UAV would not trigger if called in while aiming down sight.
    • Addressed an issue where the Master Demolition challenge did not unlock when the requirements were complete.
    • Addressed issue with the headshot sound not playing in final Killcams and Theater Demos.
    • Fixed an issue in League Play where "Career Wins” for a Series were not displayed during placement in the Lobby Career Overview.
    • Updated the After Action Report in League Play so that bonus points are not summed with the ladder points in points earned for the match.
    • Removed the ability to make dual wield attachment combos in Elite Create a Class and addressed an issue where these classes were appearing as missing in game.
    • Corrected mode description message displayed on YouTube when Live Streaming Public Match Core game modes.
    • Stocks on SMGs no longer allow a player to move faster while ADS than when moving normally.
    • Shotgun crosshairs will no longer turn red if an enemy is out of the shotgun’s maximum damage range.
    • Fixed an issue where bullets would not fire straight immediately after aiming down the sight while moving at the same time.
    • Improved turret tracking to eliminate false positives when checking line of sight.
    • Turrets now have smoother tracking when targeting players.
    • Improved bot pathing on multiple maps.
    • Current League Info is now getting updated properly in the Player Identity.
    • Manual sorting on League Teams removed as the results are now returned correctly.
    • Improved the Scoreboard to make friend Playercard information more accessible.
    • Addressed multiple UI issues.
    • Players can no longer earn credit towards a Prestige Equipment challenge through “friendly” flashbangs, concussions, and shock charges.
    • Fixed Select Fire weapons reverting back to their default fire method when using certain Scorestreaks and not calling them in.
    • Addressed an exploit where the game allowed access to the Custom Games Settings while believing the game was Public Matchmaking, allowing XP.
    • Fixed UI errors when linking Live Stream.
    • Score and points are no longer awarded if a player destroys their own turret in Hardcore FFA.
    • Improved image alignment when Stereoscopic 3D is enabled.
    • Addressed an issue where players were able to plant numerous Assault Shields.
    • Addressed an issue where the Stealth Helicopter was able to drop below the map in Drone.
    • Players are no longer able to get infinite Black Hats by immediately using another Black Hat.
    • Addressed an issue where it was possible for a player to equip two Assault Shields at the same time.
    • Players Spectating a One in the Chamber game no longer earn Survivor Bonus Points.
    • A player can no longer earn Medals for multi-kills if they continue to kill quickly after dying and re-spawning.
    • Various minor map fixes were made across multiple maps.
    Scorestreaks:

• Death Machine: 3 hit kill range increased.
    • Dragonfire: health increased, gun spread reduced.
    • AGR: ground speed increased, reduced machine gun close range damage.
    • Warthog: reduced missile delay.
    • Lodestar: reduced missile speed and AOE radius.
    • Swarm: drone re-spawn delay increased.
    Perks:

• Hard Wired: Players with hard wired are now completely unaffected by EMP grenades.
    Equipment:

• Trophy System: increased range.
    SMGs:

• All + Silencers: reduced range.
    Assualt Rifles:

• All: reduced idle sway.
    • M27: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, increased 4-hit kill range.
    • Type25: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, slightly reduced maximum hip fire spread.
    • SCAR: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, slightly reduced maximum hip fire spread.
    • SIG556: penetration increased from medium to large, increased maximum number of bullets to kill at long distance and reduced burst delay.
    • TAR21: increased 3-hit kill range.
    • SMR: slight increase to damage so that 2 hit kills can still happen with minor penetration, headshot multiplier increased at long distance.
    • FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
    • FAL OSW: increased hip spread.
    LMGs:

• All: ADS in and out time reduced.
    Shotguns:

• SRM1216: slightly increased short range damage.
    Pistols:

• Executioner: increased medium range damage.

Source: EGMNow

Angel of Death

Big update.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I wish they would nerf the stupid 870 shotgun.

Inactive

Holy crap, thats one huge update.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm not happy about the lowered range on silenced SMG's. That's all I use and a silenced Skorpion only has a range of 2 as is. Granted, I don't usually use silencers given my run and gun play style but getting the 10 Bloodthirsty medals is kind of hard for me with out them.

Kiwi Defender

That's hardly massive, but it's good to know they're trying to fix some issues.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by TheChokey View Post
    I'm not happy about the lowered range on silenced SMG's. That's all I use and a silenced Skorpion only has a range of 2 as is. Granted, I don't usually use silencers given my run and gun play style but getting the 10 Bloodthirsty medals is kind of hard for me with out them.
    Try a different weapon class. Can't go wrong with an Assault Rifle.

It's great that these problems are being fixed, seems like the game is finally starting to get balanced (when really it should've been balanced before release...)

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamAimFire999 View Post
    I wish they would nerf the stupid 870 shotgun.
    NO. R870 is my baby. It's not really OP in anyway, I would know, it's literally the only gun I use next to chicom.

Thank you to Bladia for the signature

Lvl 3 - Bronze

holy hell thats alot of stufff and if i dont wish to update can i still play online

Lvl 1 - Bronze

[QUOTE=flyingturk;446142]Try a different weapon class. Can't go wrong with an Assault Rifle.

Oh, I will. I really like the M27 but I'm just maxing out all the SMG's first.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks for the news.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

what the hell are the SIG556 and TAR21?

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

they need to fix the camera issues when it comes to corners
    someone who turns a corner or pops out from one can have a second advantage
    and no its not lag comp, a vid was made to prove it on youtube

SMG's needed the nerf but not the AR's imo
    Last edited by The Secret Society; 01-28-2013 at 02:46 AM.
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have already heard from x360 users that this patch fixes nothing. All the major issues (SMGs overpowered, shitty matchmaking, lags) still exists and were not touched at all. Treyarch does not give a single fkuc about players. This is my last COD I bought from them. MW3 was perfect in comparison to this game.
    I can reach out and break you whenever I want...

MY PLATS:
    1 - God of War // 2 - God of War 2 // 3 - Uncharted 2 // 4 - God of War 3 // 5 - Lego Clone Wars // 6 - Killzone 3
    7 - God of War: COO // 8 - God of War: GOS // 9 - Dead Nation // 10 - Deus Ex: HR // 11 - LA Noire
    12 - Tekken Tag HD // 13 - Uncharted 3 // 14 - Heavy Rain // 15 - Uncharted // 16 - Tony Hawk HD
    17 - Tekken Tag 2 // 18 - Force Unleashed // 19 - Killzone HD // 20 - The Walking Dead // 21 - Darkness 2
    22 - deBlob 2

Lvl 9 - Gold

Cool patch.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 3 - Bronze

nice patch they wont really do this no thanks for the false hope im just glad i never bought the game
    "Keep Listening to music, because it gets you through everything, I Promise"
    - Mitch Lucker 1984-2012

Saints Row IV

........for the 360
    Thanks,but no thanks treyarch
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by KubaLenart View Post
    I have already heard from x360 users that this patch fixes nothing. All the major issues (SMGs overpowered, shitty matchmaking, lags) still exists and were not touched at all. Treyarch does not give a single fkuc about players. This is my last COD I bought from them. MW3 was perfect in comparison to this game.
    I hear that. MW3 to me only had a stability issue ( the guns sway while ADS), but other then that I like it more then this.... I'm finally done with this series.
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Since Aug. 09

wow nothing for zombies? thats crazy...all that shit and nothing. unless im blind and passed over it.

Dominate!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I hope this patch isn't going to come soon, cause I really like to use the SMG + Silencer, and I hate to hear they are going to reduce the damage of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast