Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 Screens Released

This is a discussion on New Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 Screens Released within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 , the game that comes to you from developer Square Enix just had some new ...

September MotM 2013

New Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 Screens Released

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13, the game that comes to you from developer Square Enix just had some new screens released. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 is the final game in the Final Fantasy 13 series. In Lightning Returns you are put into the shoes of Lightning as she goes on a solo journey by herself, which means she will not have any friends or allies to help her. Lightning's goal in Lightning Returns is to save the world from destruction. Lightning will do whatever she can to complete her mission in the game. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 is set to release for PS3 in 2013.

Today Square Enix has released some new screens for their game Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13. In Most of the new screens that were released we can see Lightning using her different abilities to fight enemies and in other screens we see a new character and one of the various locations in the game. Square Enix was also kind enough to give us some new details about the game. The first detail they revealed is that Lightning will have a new guard move that she didn't have in the other two games. Along with that it was also revealed that Lightning will have a new evade move in the game. Lightning is going to have to perfect time her evade move, so she can perform a counterattack after it. Lightning will also have four different attacks that will be assigned to the four face buttons. Another detail they talk about is that Lightning will be able to change her outfit during a fight, so she can change her abilities.

Source: Gameranx.

La Mano de Dios

Thanks for the info. Too bad Square is still milking the Lighting saga, they could have it done with the previous one but instead they made it more complex.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

I'm looking forward to the next step... FFXIII versus maybe?

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by godhand2k View Post
    Thanks for the info. Too bad Square is still milking the Lighting saga, they could have it done with the previous one but instead they made it more complex.

I'm looking forward to the next step... FFXIII versus maybe?
    I don't care if they start milking the saga,more lighting is always better
    Anyway,FFXIII Saga is fine,but i still like FFXIII better than FFXIII-2
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

дурак

Another one? For fuck sake. And this is why we will NEVER fucking see a Kingdom Hearts 3.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Another one? For fuck sake. And this is why we will NEVER fucking see a Kingdom Hearts 3.
    For what is probably the seventy-second time on this site - Square Enix has more than one developmental team (last I counted there were 4. if we ignore the mobile teams, then the number is 6), this team isn't the team that has worked on any of the previous Kingdom Hearts titles, and is the same team who has been working exclusively on Final Fantasy XIII since it's inception, with a few minor changes (main producer, and director being them). Tetsuya Nomura's team is the one responsible for Kingdom Hearts, and always has - and they are currently working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII and have been for as long as this group has been working on three titles. So only when Versus XIII is completed, will Nomura be free to move on with his team to work on Kingdom Hearts (or he can take a break, and make another handheld title, as he has done before... twice).

To blame this game for there not being another title is getting to be the most ridiculously overused line in gaming this generation. Square Enix as a developer gets it's fair share of shit, but at least if people are going to bitch about them, get their facts straight.

---

On topic, saw a few of those pictures from the website about a week ago, but three of them are new. Not overly impressed so far, but hopefully the game isn't all doom and gloom. Enough people have written off the series to never give it a fair shake anyways, so it's a major uphill battle regardless.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

i loved the 13 saga, i cant wait to play the next entery and hopefully it will leave bread crumbs that lead to verus 13...

the young girl is that Serah...looks like her, can wait to play the game...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    i loved the 13 saga, i cant wait to play the next entery and hopefully it will leave bread crumbs that lead to verus 13...

the young girl is that Serah...looks like her, can wait to play the game...
    Her name is Lumina, and according the Famitsu article she's a character who resembles Serah in looks but toys with Lightning throughout her journey and is often seen as a roadblock as often as she is a help in Lightning's journey.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Looks ok but I'll wait for a price drop like the last ff13 game
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by godhand2k View Post
    you don't understand, the guy running the show fucking loves the cardboard cutout known as lightning. he literally said it's his "waifu" (aka he has a crush on her)

he's also the guy who wanted cloud to be a girl and made the final fantasy 7 quest where cloud crossdresses to sneak around.

the guy fucking loves female cloud.

Suspended

Some of those pics look rather low quality to say the truth, not to mention the third one from the top to the bottom makes Lighting look like a freaking loq quality Roxas/Ventus.

Now to wait for another crappy trailer.

I'd go into detail as to why your comment is moronic and ignorant beyond belief, but Rubi beat me to it in a rather polite manner.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Damn it Square Enix release a decent FF game like Final Fantasy VS XIII, seriously this whole saga is an insult to the name "Final Fantasy"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

wO_Ow awesome

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    For what is probably the seventy-second time on this site - Square Enix has more than one developmental team (last I counted there were 4. if we ignore the mobile teams, then the number is 6), this team isn't the team that has worked on any of the previous Kingdom Hearts titles, and is the same team who has been working exclusively on Final Fantasy XIII since it's inception, with a few minor changes (main producer, and director being them). Tetsuya Nomura's team is the one responsible for Kingdom Hearts, and always has - and they are currently working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII and have been for as long as this group has been working on three titles. So only when Versus XIII is completed, will Nomura be free to move on with his team to work on Kingdom Hearts (or he can take a break, and make another handheld title, as he has done before... twice).

To blame this game for there not being another title is getting to be the most ridiculously overused line in gaming this generation. Square Enix as a developer gets it's fair share of shit, but at least if people are going to bitch about them, get their facts straight.
    I was not aware of this. I don't exactly follow how Square operates, I just play their games. I retract my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post

I'd go into detail as to why your comment is moronic and ignorant beyond belief, but Rubi beat me to it in a rather polite manner.
    You on the other hand, can go fuck yourself.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Suspended

You on the other hand, can go fuck yourself.
    Thanks for the "offer", but I politely refuse it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Lightning will be able to change her outfit during a fight to change her abilities? Sounds like the dressphere system from ffx-2

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm getting this because I am a FFXIII fan, but I want to see the conclusion already..... so far I'm not liking the atmosphere of this game. It doesn't have a happy feeling about it as XIII had.
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Some of those pics look rather low quality to say the truth, not to mention the third one from the top to the bottom makes Lighting look like a freaking loq quality Roxas/Ventus.
    lol I was thinking the same thing.

Lvl 4 - Silver

UMA great info and getting ready for them to give us a release date so I can reserve it

Vote for my picture at this link http://bit.ly/1pvM6C5

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well when they put some lighting on the game and then release some decent screens...I might consider take a look.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hmm so no more working with team mates but rather play alone? Is it turning into a DMC style or what? Instead of weapon changing, it's outfit changing for abilities :\ I'm not really liking this change... but I guess I'd have to suck it up and try it before judging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast