Skylander's Swap Force Announced

This is a discussion on Skylander's Swap Force Announced within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Today Activision and Beenox have announced the latest edition to their ever popular game series Skylander's that uses action figures. ...

September MotM 2013

Skylander's Swap Force Announced

Today Activision and Beenox have announced the latest edition to their ever popular game series Skylander's that uses action figures. The new game that was announced is called Skylander's Swap Force. Skylander's Swap Force is the latest game to join the series and will add a whole new purpose and yes it will add new characters to the game, which means new figures for all of you that just love this game. Skylanders Swap Force is set to release for the PS3 sometime in 2013.

As the thread title states, Beenox and Activision have announced a new Skylander's game called Skylander's Swap Force. Swap Force will be the newest game in the series and will focus on "swapability in the game. The new game will add 16 toys with interchangeable tops and bottoms, which in turn will allow you to create about 250 different combinations. A new upgraded portal will be needed to use the new toys, but old ones will not be hurt by this and will still be compatible. Another thing revealed is that to go with the new Swap Force characters, the game will also get 32 core Skylanders released, which 16 of them will be new and the rest being newer versions of older characters. The game will also see 8 new light core characters released for it that will have the ability to jump, which is a first in the series. Below is a teaser trailer for Skylander's Swap Force.

Source: IGN.
    Last edited by U.M.A._Mailman19; 02-05-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Prayer Warrior

well it was only a matter of time i guess before they started milking the hell out of this franchise. i won't do it. i won't get sucked in to another game and more figures to buy. nope.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Trophy Guide Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    well it was only a matter of time i guess before they started milking the hell out of this franchise. i won't do it. i won't get sucked in to another game and more figures to buy. nope.
    Maybe you won't....but I will
    Broken is gonna be sooo broke
    K? Thanks

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Compalicious View Post
    Maybe you won't....but I will
    Broken is gonna be sooo broke
    you see me bitching about it now but the funny thing is when it comes out i'm going to call you guys and see if you have the same figures i do and how we can collect them all lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

Kids stuff

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hell, if you're into collecting an endless supply of expensive toys, go for it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Activision coming out with another yearly release.... wow guess they really like burning out there franchises....

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Ok, I understand why this series would be milked, but yearly releases seems like overkill.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    Kids stuff
    Well duh...

My 3 year old and 18 month old love Skylanders and they don't even play the games. They just play with the toys and if given the opportunity, swapping them on the portal to see them come to life.

The toys are great quality, but the games are barely passable platformers with shoddy graphics targeted at 6 year olds, so you can't have high expectations. That said, some of the boss fights, puzzles and bouncepad sequences are somewhat tough for that age group, so the game almost requires parental or older sibling co-op.

Swappable parts for Series 3...I guess I'll be out another $400-500 on some stupid toys. But I...just...can't...help...myself. My son just walked out his room carrying 4 of the 7 Giants that he lines up beside his bed each night. Resistance is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    Ok, I understand why this series would be milked, but yearly releases seems like overkill.
    a) It's Activision. b) This will make at least the 7th Skylanders game by the time it's released across 6 major platforms. c) Kids love new toys. d) Pre-Christmas release schedule. e) Billion dollar franchise. f) Points b to e are rendered obsolete by point a.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

PRO Member

If only they would have done this when Pokemon was a hot commodity.....

Lvl 1 - Bronze

They haven't even released all the waves of Giants figures yet have they? I dunno if I wanna bother anymore, I thought they'd at least wait a while.... Screw this game.

A little note, jumping is only new to the console versions. The 3DS game (which I almost think I like better) allowed all characters to jump.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by azaria View Post
    They haven't even released all the waves of Giants figures yet have they? I dunno if I wanna bother anymore, I thought they'd at least wait a while.... Screw this game.

A little note, jumping is only new to the console versions. The 3DS game (which I almost think I like better) allowed all characters to jump.
    Yeah there's one more Giant and a handful of normal Skylanders to go. I only know because my kid has the poster from the game pack and is gagging for Hot Dog.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

lol, oh great, another millions of dollars I'll drain into another toy franchise, but can't help it, they are so addicting to get!
    Haven't updated anything on here since the site went down a year ago with the new servers so lost all my friends and post counts and everything looking to help and get help with games and trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...checklist.html My Trophy checklist

Lvl 5 - Silver

Cash cow.Glad I won't waste my money on this bullcrap.

Toggle Spoiler

Cipher sent us to hell

I won't waste my money on it, but my girlfriend will waste my money on it. :/
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."