Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bungie's Destiny Full Reveal Trailer Released

This is a discussion on Bungie's Destiny Full Reveal Trailer Released within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Today Bungie , the company behind the very popular FPS series in Halo has fully revealed there new game Destiny ...

September MotM 2013

Bungie's Destiny Full Reveal Trailer Released

Today Bungie, the company behind the very popular FPS series in Halo has fully revealed there new game Destiny. Destiny is Bungie's newest game that comes to you from Bungie and is the first of many games to come from the Bungie and Activision partnership. The game was first teased in Halo 3 ODST and then back in November when some new screens for the game was released. Destiny will be making its way to the PS3, but is rumored to release on it after next gen consoles release. It will also be on next gen systems as well. The reveal came from a trailer that was released.

Today as the thread title states Bungie has finally revealed their new game Destiny. They revealed it today through a new trailer that contains a lot of details on the game. The new trailer shows off the beautiful world of Destiny by showing off some locations in the game. Destiny has been revealed to be a persistent-world console shooter. The game will allow players to create and customize their identities and gear. Destiny will require an internet connection to play on all platforms and will have no subscription fee. Below is the trailer that was released by Bungie on the details of the game.

Here are some other details:

"If you fail, the last light of civilization will go out," a teaser trailer featuring concept art at the reveal event promised. The world of Destiny doesn't rely on a single hero for salvation, but a community of Guardians, all exploring the galaxy in an effort to save the system and craft their unique legends.

Bungie has made significant investments in the game's multiplayer component to emphasize cooperative play. Single-player purists will be able to quest as a Guardian throughout the galaxy; however, in order to "realize the vision of the game," Destiny will require a constant internet connection on all platforms regardless of play style.

Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg says that maintaining the vision of Bungie's shooter is key to the always-on requirement, adding "that's the only reason for that restriction." As for player investment to enter the world of Destiny, Hirshberg says that there are "absolutely no plans to charge a subscription fee."

As players explore the world of Destiny, Bungie's network code will constantly work to match players within proximity of each other when they enter public areas (such as quest areas, towns and more). While the concept sounds like an MMO, Bungie says players shouldn't expect to see town squares littered with hundreds of players. "[The] amount of players you see is design controlled," Bungie COO Pete Parsons said, adding it's "not about stuffing as many people in there as possible."

Bungie teased how it will bring the new franchise to multiple devices, showcasing a planned mobile app that would give players statistical information, background on their adventures and notifications of in-world events and invites.

The Trailer

Source: Joystiq.

September MotM 2013

More details have popped up and can be found here:

Destiny in the stars: Exploring Bungie's 10-year plan | Joystiq

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

PRO Member

Wow this is looking like one of the most ambitious games ever

Sig by Bladia

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Wow this is looking like one of the most ambitious games ever
    I know right

Lvl 6 - Silver

This looks like an incredible idea and having a Bungie game on the PS3 or next Sony console would be immense the whole 10 year plan behind the games constant evolution aswell is quite new territory for the consoles and I can't wait to see how it all works in the end!

September MotM 2013

*insert Latin phrase*

I love ambition. I'm gonna have to take a crack at this.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Death is Awaiting....

It looked cool, then I realized it was MP only. Pass.

Sig by Achantion

September MotM 2013

Some Concept Art for you

Lvl 10 - Platinum

so its kinda like a mmo and a fps got mashed together? some actual info would be nice and gameplay footage that isnt in little snippets, dont expect this until the end of 2014 at the earliest

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    so its kinda like a mmo and a fps got mashed together? some actual info would be nice and gameplay footage that isnt in little snippets, dont expect this until the end of 2014 at the earliest
    It's releasing at the end of this year, though it may be a timed esclusive on Xbox.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Lvl 8 - Gold

I had little interest in this game for a while despite my love for the Halo series, now however...day one. No questions asked, day one.

Go Blue Jackets!!

They can give me all the great looking concept art they want, but in till I see gameplay videos or videos that make sense about the game, I have little faith in this game. It looks like a project that will ether completely bomb, or get universal success.
    I don't own a PS3 anymore because my games of gaming have come to an end...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Inactive

This trailer made me ambitious Can't wait for some gameplay trailers.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

#cutformesa

Gamestop just announced that pre-orders will get you an exclusive two-sided poster:

Destiny | GameStop

Toggle Spoiler

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    Gamestop just announced that pre-orders will get you an exclusive two-sided poster:

Destiny | GameStop

Toggle Spoiler

Whelp time to go pre-order .....Must have the poster

Lvl 3 - Bronze

If you're going to play Destiny,you'll need a constant internet connection,having a slow one will not ruin the experience.
    News: Bungie's Destiny 'requires internet connection' - New details - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

My Battlelog
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Hozkinz/

Anime and music,other things reasonable to discuss in a good website
    http://www.kotatsulounge.com/forum

myanimelist
    http://myanimelist.net/profile/Bioware
    (yes,I formed this as a troll account)

September MotM 2013

Here's the full Details Piled into one huge checklist:

- Bungie co-founder Jason Jones: “We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. “We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard, and now nobody plays [first-person shooters] the old way anymore because they don’t want to. [So] how do we take this genre that we love so much and turn it on its head?”
    - Quasi-massively multiplayer sci-fi experience
    - “shared world shooter”
    - Again, no subscription fee
    - Requires an Internet connection to play
    - “We built this game from the ground up to be social and cooperative.
    - “every piece of code and every piece of art must justify these pillars or they get thrown out.”
    - Bungie boils down Destiny’s basics to seven key pillars
    - Pillar 1: A World Players Want to Be In
    - “This pillar really influenced us early in development”
    - Destiny has already been a six-year journey for Jones
    - The rest of Bungie started working on the game in 2009 and jumped fully onboard after Halo: Reach shipped in September of 2010
    - “Is this world cool? Do I want to stay here? Do I want to learn more about it?”
    - Set in a post-apocalyptic earth
    - Humanity has been nearly wiped out, but saved by the extraterrestrial protection of The Traveler, a gigantic white globe that now floats claustrophobically close above the planet’s last safe city – a place where humanity’s greatest minds have come together
    - Over time, humans have regained their technological mojo and again taken to exploring the stars of our own galaxy: Mars, Venus, the Moon, etc
    - Now, different alien life seek to stamp out humanity once and for all, and it’s up to you as a Guardian to help stop them and keep earth safe
    - Game’s plot is likened to a series of novels that will each house self-contained stories over the course of the franchise’s planned decade-long lifecycle
    - Bungie narrative director Joseph Staten: “One lesson that’s critical is that the most important stories we tell aren’t going to be told by us. They’re going to be told by players – their personal legends built from shared adventures.”
    - Pillar #2: A Bunch of Fun Things to Do
    - Tower: reinforced monolith that serves as your home
    - Can socialize, gear up, or group up and then aim for the stars at the tower
    - You’ll see other players here
    - New engine pairs real-time dynamic lighting with global illumination
    - Ships will serve various purposes
    - Only a Scout class was specifically mentioned, though it was implied that space combat will factor into Destiny as well
    - Mars’ Exclusion Zone is controlled by the Cabal
    - Whooshing to Mars, the pair finds “the bones of a lost human civilization.”
    - It’s “an ancient city. Buried in sand. The precious remains of a golden age.”
    - Here to prevent you from reaching any of the literal gold that’s rumored to lie beneath the ruins of the Dust Palace are the Sand Eaters
    - Sand Eaters: group of massive, armored rhino-esque creatures known as the Cabal
    - One of the game’s weapons: “The Fate of All Fools”
    - Game has some behind-the-scenes matchmaking that links players
    - Staten: “Every time you run into another player, it’s amazing. It just doesn’t happen in other shooters.”
    - “Thorn” pistol
    - Pillar #3: Rewards Players Care About
    - Jones: the game will have “a lot of great things to earn, find, and make,” reiterating that “everything you do in Destiny earns rewards.”
    - Unique weapons in the game
    - Every piece of your kit will be your own, from your helmet to your cape to your armor pieces to your face
    - Bungie wants players coming back “day after day, week after week, month after month, [and] year after year.”
    - Pillar #4: A New Experience Every Night
    - Jones: “Imagine you could spend an hour and accomplish something.”
    - Bungie wants to have emergent activity, where “you get distracted from doing the thing you meant to do when you logged on.”
    - Jones expressed hope that “every time you sit down to play Destiny you have a different experience than last time.”
    - The Vex are time-traveling robots
    - Bungie will have “an activity for every mood.”
    - No main menu in the game
    - Instead, it just lives and you’re always in it when you boot the game up
    -Pillar #5: Shared With Other People
    - At least three classes of Guardians to choose from: Hunter, Warlock, and Titan
    - Jones: “Everything that’s fun to do is more fun to do with your friends.”
    - Competitive multiplayer mode
    - Won’t be forced to engage in player-vs.-player combat unless you explicitly desire to
    - Pillar #6: Enjoyable By All Skill Levels
    - Destiny will appeal to all types of shooter fans
    - Jones: “All core activities can be enjoyed by a novice player. What’s hard is keeping it interesting for your advanced players.”
    - Pillar #7: Enjoyable by the Impatient and Distracted
    - Mobile phone app integration
    - This will send you updates about new quests and what your friends are up to
    - Bungie also teased that you may be able to use the mobile connection to affect your friends’ games
    - Jones said they know that players “don’t want to work hard, they don’t want to read, and they don’t’ want to go to the Internet to figure out our bullshit.”
    - Jones: “This has led us to a huge investment in [user interface].”
    - Veteran Bungie music director and composer Marty O’Donnell is already hard at work scoring Destiny
    - A full 50 minutes of soundtrack material is already in the can, recorded with a 106-piece orchestra in London at Abbey Road Studios
    - Some other material conjured up by O’Donnell, his longtime music writing partner Mike Salvatore, and rock god Paul McCartney, will be included
    - Most pieces will be 5-7 minutes each
    - Bungie art director Christopher Barrett dubbed Destiny a “mythic science fiction” universe
    - “We’ve created more concept art for this game than all of our previous games put together.”
    - Staten: “We need to earn a big audience. What [we] did before doesn’t matter.”
    Gaming Everything Blog Archive Tons of Destiny details

You Know You Love Me

This game looks pretty fantastic. That said, almost all of what's been seen is only conceptual, but I think Bungie can pull it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast