Capcom Reveals New IP Deep Down for PS4

This is a discussion on Capcom Reveals New IP Deep Down for PS4 within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Capcom , the company behind many popular games like Dragon's Dogma and the Devil May Cry series, revealed a new ...

September MotM 2013

Capcom Reveals New IP Deep Down for PS4

Capcom, the company behind many popular games like Dragon's Dogma and the Devil May Cry series, revealed a new IP tonight at Sony's PlayStation 4 announcement meeting. The new IP that was revealed tonight by Capcom is called Deep Down. Deep Down is a brand new game that was revealed by Capcom tonight during the meeting. They showed of the game in a teaser trailer that made the game look pretty good. Their are not much details on the game at the moment except for the teaser trailer.

Today at Sony's PS4 announcement meeting, Capcom revealed a new IP that they had in the works for the PS4. The new IP was revealed to be a game called Deep Down. Deep Down is a game that is in a first-person perspective, but also switches to a third-person perspective at times in the game. In the game you play as either a soldier or an adventurer, who delves down into a Dragon's Lair. As the adventurer or soldier you must kill the dragon. To go along with the announcement for Deep Down, Capcom released a teaser trailer for the game, which can be seen down below.

Source: Gameranx.
    Last edited by U.M.A._Mailman19; 02-21-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I don't think it's a new IP, like I said in the other thread. Deep Down isn't likely going to be it's final name, and there's a reason that it's code name is "DD" it looks a lot like Dragon's Dogma. I don't know if their trying to copy Kojima, or trying to disassociate themselves from sequel numbers for their own reasons or at the request of Sony to minimize numerals in upcoming titles. I wouldn't go out on the limb and declare this all new, when it looks so similar to their last breakout hit.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Nope, nothing

One of the highlights of the night for me

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    I don't think it's a new IP, like I said in the other thread. Deep Down isn't likely going to be it's final name, and there's a reason that it's code name is "DD" it looks a lot like Dragon's Dogma. I don't know if their trying to copy Kojima, or trying to disassociate themselves from sequel numbers for their own reasons or at the request of Sony to minimize numerals in upcoming titles. I wouldn't go out on the limb and declare this all new, when it looks so similar to their last breakout hit.
    You could be right, but other than the dragon, I did not see anything that made me think of Dragon's Dogma. I would put my money on this being a new IP.

#hashtag

Deep Down?

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon3110 View Post
    Deep Down?

Lol I thought the same thing in my head ...My thoughts "Deep Down? ...TWSS

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Inactive

Wow..... Those graphics....

This game actually looks pretty awesome, can't wait to find out more about it.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Lvl 3 - Bronze

video appear to be private. I can't watch it at least. But yeah it does look good even during the live stream which wasn't all that good quality. Like others have already said I don't think this is a new IP but rather dragons dogma 2

Lvl 10 - Platinum

kinda looks like a next gen skyrim mixed with dark souls, at least to me, maybe its dragons dogma 2