Destiny Hitting PS4 alongside PS3

This is a discussion on Destiny Hitting PS4 alongside PS3 within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Bungie , the creator of video-game franchise Halo, unveiled today that it is bringing its next project to Sony's consoles. ...

Death is Awaiting....

Destiny Hitting PS4 alongside PS3

Bungie, the creator of video-game franchise Halo, unveiled today that it is bringing its next project to Sony's consoles. The new first-person shooting game, called Destiny, is coming to PlayStation 3 and the newly unveiled PlayStation 4, the team from Bungie said onstage at Sony's PS4 event today in New York. Activision, which is publishing Destiny, characterizes the game as the first "shared world shooter" game, and the Bungie team said there will be exclusive content for the PlayStation community.

It's a persistent world. You can watch the sun set and rise and the hours fly by. You'll see inclement weather like a brief flash of lightning that I saw all two seconds of. It's also a sandbox world. You're free to move around and explore different planets or hang out in hub cities like Overwatch where you can find people gambling for better gear. There's a sandy Mars location and a snowy landscape of a buried city.

Chicago is a swampland. Europe is a deadzone. Vines wrap around dilapidated buildings. The solar system is flecked with rubble and long abandoned fleets. You can fly through the rings of Saturn. The entire universe of Destiny—the solar system including the Earth, Moon, and Mars is open to your expedition needs. It's expected to release sometime in 2014. A image of a big ass ship below:

Source: Joysteeq

Lvl 9 - Gold

Looks interesting ive been hearing news ... i mean rumours that they aren't releasing this for PC which surprised me a fair bit.

Lvl 7 - Gold

nice to know they will be making games for both consoles (even if the load times on the ps3 will take ages compared to the ps4!)

Angel of Death

Is this only for Playstation?

Writing Things

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Is this only for Playstation?

No, just some exclusive content for Playstation.

Another game that seems very promising, if they pull it off, it'll be a benchmark for future FPS if not other genres.

Sig by DaRe_xLw

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    No, just some exclusive content for Playstation.

Another game that seems very promising, if they pull it off, it'll be a benchmark for future FPS if not other genres.
    Oh okay. I assume it will be next gen exclusive though, unless the 720 gets a Q4 release date, and Bungie announcing it for the 720.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This game looks promising i'm interested to see how different it'll be, compared to most FPS's hopeful it'll set a new standard for all the others on next-gen consoles.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Sounds interesting,

I always thought it would be cool to have nighttime versions and different weather on fps maps but no one does it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJuggler View Post
    Sounds interesting,

I always thought it would be cool to have nighttime versions and different weather on fps maps but no one does it.
    Got it in max payne 3 MP maps it does add quite a bit to the gameplay as the whole map feels different with way less visibility.
    Will be great if they have this in future shooter games as a common thing, and more often in open world games.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

I'll be honest, I'm not a FPS guy on console; I've only just started getting better at them, but I am thoroughly intrigued to see what's so special about Destiny. I'm wary of previews nowadays, but I consider Bungie to be a honest developing company that will try to do everything it can to put a good game out there. It's exciting to hear that the Destiny world will be very dynamic - hopefully it all meshes together to create an overall consistent experience.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `The LEGO Movie - Videogame (PS4) [10%]
    `The Last of Us [0%]

Signature & Avatar
    `courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

"shared world shooter", sounds interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Lvl 4 - Silver

will be preordering for ps4