Spec Ops: The Line Developer Working Hard on Next-Gen Game

This is a discussion on Spec Ops: The Line Developer Working Hard on Next-Gen Game within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Yager Development , the developers who brought you 2012 favorite thrid-person shooter, Spec Ops: The Line, have revealed that they ...

September MotM 2013

Spec Ops: The Line Developer Working Hard on Next-Gen Game

Yager Development, the developers who brought you 2012 favorite thrid-person shooter, Spec Ops: The Line, have revealed that they are making a AAA game for next-gen consoles. Spec Ops: The Line, which was Yager's last game, followed the story of Captain Martin Walker as he is sent into a post-catastrophe Dubai to rescue people, but it ends up turning into a hunt for Colonel John Konrad.

Today it was revealed that the developer of Spec Ops: The Line are working on a AAA game for next-gen consoles. The news comes after Epic Games licensed its Unreal Engine 4 to developer Yager Development for their next-gen game. Unfortunately details are pretty scarce right now and the only thing we know is that Yager's new game is going to be next-gen and will be running on Unreal Engine 4. So any thoughts on what they could be working on?
    Last edited by Schism; 03-14-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Mr. Bubbles!

It would be really awesome if it was something that had to do with Spec Ops. That game was great. I enjoyed every moment of it and it was a great time to platinum. I really don't think that they'd continue the story that was on The Line considering it would probably be quite difficult to progress forward with where it left off

Toggle Spoiler

Latest Platinum: Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear
    Working On: Aliens Colonial Marines, Darksiders and Little Big Planet Vita

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bangcrashboom View Post
    It would be really awesome if it was something that had to do with Spec Ops. That game was great. I enjoyed every moment of it and it was a great time to platinum.
    I completely agree with this. SOTL was an absolutely fantastic game despite the occasionally wonky controls. Hopefully Yager's next game is equally as good or better.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 2 - Bronze

a prequel would be awsome to see how the radioman got control the CIA getting n there and why konrad commited suicide

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by nono5150 View Post
    a prequel would be awsome to see how the radioman got control the CIA getting n there and why konrad commited suicide
    good job with the spoiler there, fella

PRO Member

This is great news. Spec Ops: The Line was really underrated in my opinion. The game had a great concept and a fantastic story that shooters just don't have nowadays. Hopefully with their next game the can keep what they've gotten so right and fix the few kinks that they have. From what I read earlier Yager is a pretty large team so I'm expecting something breathtaking. I could easily see them being the next Rocksteady.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yager made an amazing and deep single player in Spec Ops: The Line, It's just a shame that 2K botched it by forcing an online multiplayer into the disc (one made by a separate company no less)

Fallout 3 ~ 86:39:18 Fallout: New Vegas ~ 99:20:02 Skyrim ~ 108:46:55

Angel of Death

I liked Spec Ops, so this will probably be good.

Mr. Bubbles!

Quote Originally Posted by pittsteeler36 View Post
    Yager made an amazing and deep single player in Spec Ops: The Line, It's just a shame that 2K botched it by forcing an online multiplayer into the disc (one made by a separate company no less)
    It seems like that is the case anymore. Every game pretty much has to have multiplayer, regardless of the quality. It's quite a shame, actually. The time and effort they put into make a shitty multiplayer mode they could use to fix a couple glitches, like the cover system bug.

Toggle Spoiler

Latest Platinum: Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear
    Working On: Aliens Colonial Marines, Darksiders and Little Big Planet Vita

Lvl 9 - Gold

I didn't know it had multi player from what I saw the campaign ideas were pretty good why must games be ruined by MP aspects when they don't need them ?

aka.Chief

Spec ops the line proved that 3rdps are still alive. pre-ordered.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This game was definitely one of the most underrated games of 2012 an I advise anyone who has not played it yet to give it a whirl.

This news is excellent and I am glad they are working hard for a next-gen game if it has anything to do with Spec ops then I'll buy it, hell I was that impressed by them that I will probably buy what they throw out anyway, 3PS are one of my favorite genres so I enjoyed it none the less!

Glad this news was released, thanks for the post.