Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Coming June

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Coming June within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Today, Konami confirmed Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection , slating the comprehensive PlayStation 3-exclusive bundle to arrive this June. ...

Death is Awaiting....

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Coming June

Today, Konami confirmed Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, slating the comprehensive PlayStation 3-exclusive bundle to arrive this June. A price was not specified. Hideo Kojima teased the project last week, revealing an image of the game's box art. In addition, the Korean Game Ratings board had published an entry for the bundle.

The Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection will be released to mark the franchise's 25th anniversary. The bundle includes basically everything in the HD Collection, other than a few things. Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition (including the original MSX versions of the first two games), Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, and Metal Gear Solid 4, with trophies of course. On top of the games, it will also include two Ashley Wood digital graphic novels.

Source: Joystiq

Lvl 6 - Silver

milkin that cash cow

Plats-O'-War!!

Wow, I wonder the price for this? May just pick this up to have this collection.

September MotM 2013

I will be getting this

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

All out of bubblegum.....

see, I knew there was a reason I didnt get into these games until now! WOOT!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Korean Girl Group Groupie

This seems just superfluous to me. I don't know why there is the need for another collection, especially when the additions are minimal and nothing overly special. If this were EA or Capcom, there would be a backlash like no other, but Kojima is not likely to get the same flack, and Konami is going to continue to see how many times they can have people repurchase the same games with a few extra sides thrown in.

The sad thing is, there are enough people who will buy this that it will be worthwhile. But hey, there will probably be ANOTHER collection after Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain as well, just to see if those schmucks can go out and buy the same core package again.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 6 - Silver

must...milk...franchise...
    must...milk...franchise...
    squeeze...every...dime...from...dumb...saps...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

With the announcement and hype of MGSV, I guess a lot of people wanna play the MGS1-4, esp. those who havent yet.

As for me, I just want MGS1 to be available in PSN and hopefully with trophy support.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    This seems just superfluous to me. I don't know why there is the need for another collection, especially when the additions are minimal and nothing overly special. If this were EA or Capcom, there would be a backlash like no other, but Kojima is not likely to get the same flack, and Konami is going to continue to see how many times they can have people repurchase the same games with a few extra sides thrown in.

The sad thing is, there are enough people who will buy this that it will be worthwhile. But hey, there will probably be ANOTHER collection after Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain as well, just to see if those schmucks can go out and buy the same core package again.
    They will from me, they can stick it up there greedy fucking asses
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

Movies do this exact same thing - no one complains about it then.

A new movie comes out - a box set of the previous [canon] films gets released. It's purely for collection purposes [ALL box sets like this are.] and for those who want to play/experience the entire, canon Solid Snake/Big Boss storyline for themselves. That's it - not some cash grab. If it were just to dupe people into buying these games again [Which, honestly, if you already own them, and aren't a collector - why the hell would you?], they'd literally just re-release the HD collection & 4 together, with no extras at all - no MGS1 or Digital Graphic Novels.

Instead, this is Metal Gear Solid 1, 2[HD] 3[HD] {w/ MG1 & 2}, 4, Peace Walker[HD], and 2 Digital Graphic Novels. Probably for about $60-70 USD.

They did this same thing right before MGS4 released - "The Essential Collection" - which was MGS1, 2 and 3 in one set. If another MGS comes out after 5 [And it's canon, and part of the Snake story], then I can almost guarantee, you'll see another set release that includes all of the games up to that point.

There's nothing wrong with what they've done here - it's not "re-releasing the same game" - it's just putting the series in one convenient box. God of War did it just recently - the God of War Saga - GoW 1, 2, 3, Chains of Olympus & Ghost of Sparta. As did inFAMOUS with the inFAMOUS collection - inFAMOUS 1, 2 and Festival of Blood.

I didn't hear any complaints about those - why complain about this one?

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Movies do this exact same thing - no one complains about it then.

A new movie comes out - a box set of the previous [canon] films gets released. It's purely for collection purposes [ALL box sets like this are.] and for those who want to play/experience the entire, canon Solid Snake/Big Boss storyline for themselves. That's it - not some cash grab. If it were just to dupe people into buying these games again [Which, honestly, if you already own them, and aren't a collector - why the hell would you?], they'd literally just re-release the HD collection & 4 together, with no extras at all - no MGS1 or Digital Graphic Novels.

Instead, this is Metal Gear Solid 1, 2[HD] 3[HD] {w/ MG1 & 2}, 4, Peace Walker[HD], and 2 Digital Graphic Novels. Probably for about $60-70 USD.

They did this same thing right before MGS4 released - "The Essential Collection" - which was MGS1, 2 and 3 in one set. If another MGS comes out after 5 [And it's canon, and part of the Snake story], then I can almost guarantee, you'll see another set release that includes all of the games up to that point.

There's nothing wrong with what they've done here - it's not "re-releasing the same game" - it's just putting the series in one convenient box. God of War did it just recently - the God of War Saga - GoW 1, 2, 3, Chains of Olympus & Ghost of Sparta. As did inFAMOUS with the inFAMOUS collection - inFAMOUS 1, 2 and Festival of Blood.

I didn't hear any complaints about those - why complain about this one?
    There's Killzone Collection as well, while we're at it. Sony does it as well, but it's also a sort of way to sit there and show off their bluray formats. The God of War one is a bit silly, I'll admit, and I can't say I am a fan of it either, but you're discussing three separate bluray games into one collection. Those bundles are regularly packaged with the systems though, and used as ways of selling the system. Could this do the same? Possibly, but I doubt it, especially considering how many people out there love to bitch about how bad PS1 games look on the system.

It looks bad because it doesn't offer anything new. It's not all that much different from what was released a year ago, and probably will cost the same, if not more than somebody who goes out and pieces together the bundle as is. It also comes on the heels of a little over a year of the last release, and comes out at this time as if it's trying to capitalize off of it's own overeager fan base more so than being an entry point (which has been readily available for an extremely long time for those who want to play them).

Convenience is what it is to a degree, but I don't really see this bringing in more new people to the franchise than it does make more Kojima fanboys froth at the mouth. If they really wanted to create an extensive collection for PS3, he had the ability to do so when he originally released the collection. Now you can say that would have been unfair to 360 owners, but it was possible then nevertheless.

This is likely going to go like an ongoing rehash of collections for Kojima, and unlike a lot of movies, offers nothing all that new. I have rebought Neon Genesis Evangelion on four separate occasions because they added something new to each time. This on the other hand, just lets the consumers (and not the ones who think with their hearts) know that there will be a lot more of these to come, as each new installment (because we know this isn't going to stop as long as Kojima's alive or the franchise is making money) he'll just release another "convenience" that the majority who eat it up will be the ones who already own it or have owned it at one point or another. But let's not pretend that a major chunk of those purchases are going to come from people who know this is a cash grab.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Go Blue Jackets!!

Moooooooooooooo (cash cow)
    I don't own a PS3 anymore because my games of gaming have come to an end...

PRO Member

Don't buy it if you have the games already, but this is the perfect opportunity for those who have never played MGS. Also this is the first ever collection to include all these games.

So if you've been a gamer for some time now and still haven't played the best videogames series ever created, do yourself a favor. Play it and be happy.

*insert Latin phrase*

Never played any MGS, so I might have to get it.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

defo getting this even I own all MGS games

PRO Member

"wah everything isn't made JUST for me in mind"

May eventually pick up this or whatever collection is available when I have the time.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Have all the games already but i want this collection why its a simple answer i don't get many collectible collections or special editions but when something really sparks an interest i will buy it i have no problem paying for these games again

Like My Facebook Page

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 5 - Silver

Good thing i held back in buying the first hd collection. This is awesome, will definitely be picking this up

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

There's Killzone Collection as well, while we're at it. Sony does it as well, but it's also a sort of way to sit there and show off their bluray formats. The God of War one is a bit silly, I'll admit, and I can't say I am a fan of it either, but you're discussing three separate bluray games into one collection. Those bundles are regularly packaged with the systems though, and used as ways of selling the system. Could this do the same? Possibly, but I doubt it, especially considering how many people out there love to bitch about how bad PS1 games look on the system.

It looks bad because it doesn't offer anything new. It's not all that much different from what was released a year ago, and probably will cost the same, if not more than somebody who goes out and pieces together the bundle as is. It also comes on the heels of a little over a year of the last release, and comes out at this time as if it's trying to capitalize off of it's own overeager fan base more so than being an entry point (which has been readily available for an extremely long time for those who want to play them).

Convenience is what it is to a degree, but I don't really see this bringing in more new people to the franchise than it does make more Kojima fanboys froth at the mouth. If they really wanted to create an extensive collection for PS3, he had the ability to do so when he originally released the collection. Now you can say that would have been unfair to 360 owners, but it was possible then nevertheless.

This is likely going to go like an ongoing rehash of collections for Kojima, and unlike a lot of movies, offers nothing all that new. I have rebought Neon Genesis Evangelion on four separate occasions because they added something new to each time. This on the other hand, just lets the consumers (and not the ones who think with their hearts) know that there will be a lot more of these to come, as each new installment (because we know this isn't going to stop as long as Kojima's alive or the franchise is making money) he'll just release another "convenience" that the majority who eat it up will be the ones who already own it or have owned it at one point or another. But let's not pretend that a major chunk of those purchases are going to come from people who know this is a cash grab.
    You're still acting as if this is more than just a collector's boxset, though. This ISN'T the same as the collection that was released a year+ ago - that didn't include MGS 4, the DGNs, or MGS1 outside of Japan.

This isn't one big disc with everything on it - it's literally a collection of the previous games, in 1 box. The Essential Collection, as I mentioned before, did the same right before MGS4. It's for collectors, and people who want to get into the games - NOT people who already own them all.

No one complained about that.

What makes this different from that? Nothing. It's the exact same process - MGS5 is coming out soon, so they box together all of the games that matter to it's story so that a person looking to get into it has a good starting place.

If you already own all of the games, why the hell would you be mad about this? It's not meant for you. It's not a new HD collection. MGS1 is it's original, PS1 edition. MGS4 is it's normal version, with the trophy patch pre-installed.

Again, this is just for collector's, and people who want to get into the games. You said they could probably piece it all together for cheaper?

MGS4 is at least $20, new.
    The HD Collection is at least $30, new.
    MGS1 - good luck finding a new copy, on disc, for under $15, minimum. Digital is $10.
    Digital Graphic Novel? $20.
    DGN2 didn't even get RELEASED here in the states, or in the EU, if I'm not mistaken. [So that there is new - it's not even on the US store, or EU as a digital PSP game.]

All together, that's at least $85. Chances are, this collection will be about $60-70 [The Essential Collection released for about $40-$50 when it was new.]. Sure, for the HD Collection and MGS4, you could probably find used copies for a bit less - but not MGS1. Hell, you'll be lucky if you can find a used, PS1 copy of that for less than $20.

So again - how is this a bad thing? Or a cash grab?

Lvl 4 - Silver

The only game that has Metal Gear in the name that I've played so far is Metal Gear Rising which was AWESOME

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast