Dragon's Crown Coming to PS3 and Vita Early August

This is a discussion on Dragon's Crown Coming to PS3 and Vita Early August within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Dragonís Crown has had a long development process Ė especially for those of you who remember E3 2011 when Ignition ...

Death is Awaiting....

Dragon's Crown Coming to PS3 and Vita Early August

Dragonís Crown has had a long development process Ė especially for those of you who remember E3 2011 when Ignition first mentioned the game. But now ATLUS and Odin Sphere developer Vanillaware are putting a stake in the ground for August 6th, 2013. If youíre not familiar with Dragonís Crown, itís a 2D multiplayer action beat-em-up exclusive to the PS3 and PS Vita that features four-person co-op play, six character classes, skills that can be leveled up, and all the dungeon-exploring, orc-slapping, treasure-seeking action you can shake a magical staff at.

The intricacies in the artwork are immediately noticeable on both the PS3 and PS Vita versions. Speaking of, they're working right now on making sure that gamers can take their saved games with them on the Vita. So while Vita adventurers canít party up with PlayStation dungeoneers, it doesnít mean they have to stop leveling and looting if they have to leave the living room.

The Amazon, Dwarf, Elf, Fighter, Sorceress and Wizard all exude extreme character designs to emphasize their powerfulness. Dragon's Crown will launch for the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3 August 6, at $39.99 and $49.99.

Source: Joystiq

#hashtag

Sucks for the Shita though

"Ryan's the hero .com deserves, but not the one it needs right now. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. An Edgy Knight."

Korean Girl Group Groupie

It sounds cool, and it's piqued my interest. The problem is, I just don't know if any 2D beat-em-up warrants a $50 price tag. It might have worked in the 90s, but this is a new generation and it's difficult for me to rationalize dropping more than $20 on a game of this genre. Who knows, this one might be three times longer than anything out there, but unless it has a Guardian Heroes-esque campaign, it's not likely to get any play from me until a major price drop.

BTW cross save but no cross buy? Sounds like they are missing a major opportunity unless I am missing something here.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Sounds good. Ill pick it up for sure. Finally something new that i want for my vita, time to dust it off.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Sounds cool and relaxing lol, but I don't think it should be at that price, ill just have to wait and see maybe it will be worth it

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yeahno
    I thought this was going to be a neat and erotic 15$ pickup.

Thank you to Bladia for the signature

worlds biggest welch fan

I know 3 of my cousins will be picking this up and I haven't jammed co-op with them in a grip.

that is a pretty big price for a 2d game but I'm sure it will be vivid awesomness.
    SIG BY ME

FFXIII Plat #35 trophy #5,000 goal reached

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by nevetsteven2 View Post
    I know 3 of my cousins will be picking this up and I haven't jammed co-op with them in a grip.

that is a pretty big price for a 2d game but I'm sure it will be vivid awesomness.
    Stay in school okay.
    Last edited by TheNeoReaper; 05-13-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Parasoul View Post
    yeahno
    I thought this was going to be a neat and erotic 15$ pickup.
    thats what i was thinking, seems like this should be $15-$20 and downloadable on psn, looks fun however, definitely wait for a price drop

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I got SO IN LOVE with Odin Sphere that this one is a must-buy 4 me. On the other hand, this is not just a beat em up! the story is SO SOLID!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Looks good, I can't wait. I wonder if they will make it like the new sly cooper game, where if you bought the ps3 version you get a downloadable vita version free.