The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Announced

This is a discussion on The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Announced within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Three years ago at E3 2010, 2K Marin revealed a game called XCOM, which was a FPS take on the ...

September MotM 2013

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Announced

Three years ago at E3 2010, 2K Marin revealed a game called XCOM, which was a FPS take on the series, but since then it was dead, until today. While XCOM was in limbo, a new game was announced called XCOM: Enemy Unknown, which ended up being a huge hit. With the FPS version of the game in limbo, fans have been left wondering if it would ever come out. A couple of days ago, 2K Marin teased that there would be a reveal of the new XCOM game and even left a picture of it on their blog.

Today the folks over at 2K Marin have revealed the game The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is a squad-based third-person tactical shooter. The game is set in 1962 during the Kennedy administration and is the origin story to the modern XCOM initiative, which we know as XCOM: Enemy Unknown. In The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, players' assume the role of Special Agent William Carter, who is tasked with getting a group of agents together and defeating the aliens in the game. The Bureau will see the return of permadeath for squadmates that you create. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified will be releasing on the PS3 on August 20, 2013 in North America and August 23, 2013 in Europe. Below is a trailer that was released.

What 2K had to say:

"The Bureau's initial charter was to investigate a series of incidents that the government thought were all Soviet infiltration and maybe a precursor to a nuclear war. Turns out, those incidents were of a far more extraterrestrial origin," VP of 2K Games Product Development Alyssa Finley told us. "The Bureau has to quickly adapt from their original charter to become the kind of organization that could identify alien threats, find ways to turn the alien technology against them and cover up evidence of what happened so that the American public could go on with their lives and not go into a panic about being invaded by aliens."

"A high tide raises all boats," said Nico Bihary, senior producer at developer 2K Marin, when asked how last year's XCOM: Enemy Unknown influenced The Bureau. "There's quite a bit of familiarity between what we're doing versus what [Firaxis] is doing. What worked to our advantage, it really allowed us to put together a really compelling origin story because [Enemy Unknown] already established the current version of XCOM. It's been contextualized for us, so if we tell an origin story, people understand what we're talking about."

When asked about next-gen consoles Bihary said, "We are currently focusing on the current-gen platforms."
    The Trailer

Source: Joystiq.
    Last edited by U.M.A._Mailman19; 04-26-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I was interested when it was an FPS and I'm more interested now that it's a TPS. I liked Bioshock 2 so I'm sure this game will turn out good.
    PS3, PS Vita, & PS4 owner. I love PlayStation!

Mr. 70 Plats

A TPS? May keep an eye on it.

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    A TPS? May keep an eye on it.
    Yes. It was originally this game, which was announced at E3 2010 as a FPS, but is now a TPS

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've been wondering where this game went, I'm happy to see that it was still in development and cant wait to see more of it. I still have to play the XCOM game that Firaxis made before this one releases.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Fps would be much better

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by hellhound403 View Post
    I've been wondering where this game went, I'm happy to see that it was still in development and cant wait to see more of it. I still have to play the XCOM game that Firaxis made before this one releases.
    I played it on PC, it is so much fun, and very challenging good luck if you are getting it, but it's worth it for sure

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Glad to see a company not scared to try something a little different with a franchise.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Looks more interesting now then it did at the first reveal, but will wait on reviews before I decide if I'm getting it or not. I kinda doubt it'll be better then enemy unknown.

Platmate Ass Editor

seems similar to ghost recon to me in the sense of squad tactical gameplay.

August seems more like an ideal to me, am sure it will get postponed knowing 2K but at least show us some gameplay footage weve been waiting since 2010 i wanna see more than teaser lol

"The artist has a duty to seduce the ear and delight the spirit"
    You can't spell sarcasm without RC

"I am the lightning"

Did you .... ( _) ( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) put on sunglasses?

TLT