Sony to Reveal the Future of Gran Turismo at 15th Anniversary Event Next Week

This is a discussion on Sony to Reveal the Future of Gran Turismo at 15th Anniversary Event Next Week within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; For weeks now, there have been rumors pointing to a Gran Turismo 6 announcement coming. The rumors of a Gran ...

September MotM 2013

Sony to Reveal the Future of Gran Turismo at 15th Anniversary Event Next Week

For weeks now, there have been rumors pointing to a Gran Turismo 6 announcement coming. The rumors of a Gran Turismo 6 announcement have been leaked mostly through retailer sites via listings. Next week is going to be a huge one, because next week is the 15th Anniversary of the Gran Turismo series and Sony has an event planned just for it.

Today Sony's Europe branch has been sending out invites to people for the 15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo event. At the event, Sony is going to celebrate the 15th Anniversary and even plans to reveal the future of the franchise. The activities can be kept track of on the PlayStation Blog, and can be seen at gran-turismo.com and on twitter (#15YearsOfGT). A teaser trailer has also been released by the company. The event will take place on May 15, 2013.

Source: PS Blog.

Plats-O'-War!!

I wonder if this will be the new GT6 people were talking about?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Two things I reckon:

GT6 - 2020 (Takes them so long, and GT5 was a let down and a half, so much to make up for it)

Some special GT5 Academy race

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Gran Turismo HD collections - GT1, GT2, and GT3 - All with trophies.
    I so so wish it.

Vacation - 26th September

That’s looking pretty definite for GT6.

Avatar & Signature made by dsluckay / GDT bar by djunglist / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

Yeah the end of that trailer pretty much confirms GT6. Can't wait. I'm sure Polyphony has learned a lot from GT5 and will make sure to fix the mistakes in GT6

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

So they're announcing that they're going to announce something? Just announce the damn thing!

R.I.P Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by tj_martins View Post
    I so so wish it.
    That would be awesome!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullLordy View Post
    Two things I reckon:

GT6 - 2020 (Takes them so long, and GT5 was a let down and a half, so much to make up for it)

Some special GT5 Academy race
    I didn't find Gran Turismo 5 to be a let down. Polyphony took so long because they measured everything right down to each bolt on the wheel rims and they took into consideration a lot of requests from the fans of what they wanted in the game like ferraris and lamborghinis. It's been the same all through the series. Simulation to the max. Critics begged for car damage and online and Polyphony delivered on both. What I'm hoping for is that they add both simulation settings as well as more arcade controls and more over the top action/racing and about 1500 cars that are actually worth mentioning in a gearhead's conversation.

I so so wish it.
    I have a sneaky feeling in the back of my head that you might be on too something. I absolutely loved 1 and 3 the most being the first for both the PS1 and the PS2 and maybe one for the Vita.
    Last edited by MAXTHUNDER; 05-08-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Lvl 7 - Gold

ide like to see a gt game for the vita.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm betting that it'll be a GT for PSVita.

My offer, driving a Subaru 360 around La Sarthe for an hour.

~~
    Trailer breakdown-
    The music and sound effects are from the intro to the US version including the GT-R LM's burnout. (maybe others?)

The first car passed has GT1 on it, and is a Skyline R34.
    The second car passed appears very much to be a Saleen S7.
    Third car passed, no idea. I thought some sort of Noble or a GT-R race model.

The end of it very clearly defines that it will have a new "subtitle", wether it be a 6 or something else.
    ~~
    Th very worst of this announcement is the possibility of GT6 being on PS3 and not on PS4. Two versions are likely if backwards disc compatibility is not.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I so so wish it.
    Indeed my friend. Specially GT 2, I spent countless hours on that one. Still to this day my favorite one. Since I can't paint any car custom, I lost my love on GT. Hope it returns in GT6.

Lvl 5 - Silver

GT5 is a great game and an enormous succes in sales, but i also hope GT6 is better otherwise what is the point ? About the video: the fact that 3 cars are being overtaken could and the first sais Gt1 could mean HD collection, and when that is the case i hope later GT6 will come out on the PS4.
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4

Lvl 5 - Silver

some speculations about a GT3 - GT4 - GTpsp version on one disc. I don't know, think GT1-2-3 would make more sense ?
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4

The Grand Ray Legend

GT6..Coming Nov 9th 2025!
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw
    Next plat : Spec Ops: The Line - 91%

Grandmasterpiece

Looking like a GT6. Here's where I'd joke about that it'd be sad for fans if the announcement was no future. But I won't do that because I know lots of people love GT.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

RPG Master

I really hope this isn't an HD release of GT3 and GT4 on the ps3. Can you imagine the number of HOURS needed in one of those games to get a platinum let alone two?
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 9 - Gold

I hope in GT6 they have ALL the cars premium. I'd rather a few hundred really nice graphical looking cars with a great cockpit view for each one than over a 1000 and over half of them look like PS2 upscaled versions. Originally I thought wow over 1000 cars but most of them looked crap.I know graphics isn't everything but the way they did with standard and premium made the game feel unfinished even after 5 years in development.

Lvl 7 - Gold

^that is one of the reasons why I was letdown by 5. So many civics, so little care. There are only a handful of races to use them in as well, so unless you are a huge fan or are part of a league that requires them, they're just filler.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~