Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

First Screenshots of Final Fantasy X-2 HD Revealed

This is a discussion on First Screenshots of Final Fantasy X-2 HD Revealed within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo Just shut up xD i m busy instead of talking to a real poor soul i ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    Just shut up xD i m busy instead of talking to a real poor soul i can enjoy myself in other stuffs
    But I ain't talking, I'm typing .

Yet you're not busy enough to find the time to reply to my posts, are you ? Go enjoy being a poor soul, though, best of luck .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

I finish with an awesome REP for u Nagflar for being an awesome member kudos

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Kind of a waste, seeing how (it seems) you'll be paying for two copies if you're going to get it for the PS3 as well.
    i just want it on the vita. always wanted to play it on the go i dont need the ps3 ones

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 6 - Silver

There you go - one image from the PS2, one from the PS3. Unless you study the image, you won't really notice a difference. When you are playing, these little nuances don't get noticed. They could probably pick a point during the game where they leave the graphics exactly the same as the PS2 version and people wouldn't notice.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    There you go - one image from the PS2, one from the PS3. Unless you study the image, you won't really notice a difference. When you are playing, these little nuances don't get noticed. They could probably pick a point during the game where they leave the graphics exactly the same as the PS2 version and people wouldn't notice.
    I beg to disagree, for the changes are fairly noticeable, beginning with the lightning and the textures (especially the hair). If you wish to 'study' the image, you see even more how much they've improved them from the original version.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The Roy

I noticed an immediate change and didn't even study the images...I just took a quick glance.
    This is my signature.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Remember when I was like 11 when I played it, and really wished I met a girl who looked like Rikku haha on X or X-2 Embarrasing moment looking back) fit though

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Nice ! One of my favorite games!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I beg to disagree, for the changes are fairly noticeable, beginning with the lightning and the textures (especially the hair). If you wish to 'study' the image, you see even more how much they've improved them from the original version.
    yeah, there are differences in the lighting, but if you asked me which was which, i wouldn't know. I could guess and have a 50% chance of being right, because the graphics from the PS2 to the PS3 was not a huge jump. And as i said originally, when you are playing the game, you don't have time to study nuance. You are busy watching the cutscene and trying to follow the story, so all the little nuance is lost.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    yeah, there are differences in the lighting, but if you asked me which was which, i wouldn't know. I could guess and have a 50% chance of being right, because the graphics from the PS2 to the PS3 was not a huge jump. And as i said originally, when you are playing the game, you don't have time to study nuance. You are busy watching the cutscene and trying to follow the story, so all the little nuance is lost.
    If you can't tell which is which when comparing them side by side, you might actually need glasses, beginnign with the fact that the textures on the original game look absolutely horrible. For example, look at any character's clothes or their hair. The clothes look as if they were stamped into their bodies and the hair looks all chppy and bizarre, especially when comparing it with the 'polished' version. Whether you can notice them when playing or not is besides the point, since right now we're actually comparing the two versions.

Also, as someone who has played previous collections and their actual PS2 counterparts on the same console shortly one after the other, I can assure you the changes are easily noticeable.

Toggle Spoiler

Rangers F.C

How many FF came before this game ? I have never played the series and might give it a go .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    How many FF came before this game ? I have never played the series and might give it a go .
    9 main entries and Tactics as far as I know.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedkinpark View Post
    9 main entries and Tactics as far as I know.
    Ok lol, probably not the best place to start . The first one would be the obvious choice but I don't think a PS1 game would capture my attention .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Kiwi Defender

Ok lol, probably not the best place to start . The first one would be the obvious choice but I don't think a PS1 game would capture my attention .
    You don't really need to play from the beginning or the middle. If there's one thing that makes the franchise separate itsel from all the other 20+ year-long franchises is that all the games diverge gameplay-wise, have their own little nuances and perks and feel unique on their own, which is why people who say a certain FF isn't worthy of the name or 'is a good game, but not a good Final Fantasy' are being blatantly stupid.

Just get whichever you feel like buying (be it a new one, this one or one of the PS1 Classics) and give it a try, then decide whether to give another a try and so on and so forth .

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 6 - Silver

Wow for vita too?! awesome!!!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Looking good! At least they're releasing a bit of info every once in a while, letting us know they're still working on it. I'm sure it'll get released, if not this year, on the first couple of months of 2014.

You should get a pair of glasses .
    AGREED I still remembered playing this game on the PS2 6 years ago and it definitely did not look like this.

PS420

The changes are definitely noticeable. Look at the difference in the clouds as well! @__@

Most anticipated HD release to this date. (please give me Tokyo Extreme Racer and Xenosaga!)

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 7 - Gold

There is no link to each entry whatsoever except from X/X-2 and XIII/XIII-2/XIII-3.

There are suttle references such as Aeons to past games, but no character is the same unless in the copies stated above.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I hate X and X-2, though its because the story is so very weak and confusing in those stories and not because the games themselves are terrible. X had the tedious Sphere grid, whilst X-2 had the Dressphere's. The problem is the Dressphere is easy to exploit but more fun, whereas the Sphere Grid is just annoying. An HD version of these games doesn't appeal to me, touching up graphics is one thing, but if they don't touch up the story too, then I can't see myself buying these games.

VIII, X and X-2 are not the worst Final Fantasies, no that title is well earned by Final Fantasy XIII.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 7 - Gold

Eh? FFXIII basically has a sphere grid?

The Story touching up would be a remake not a remaster. Best story in any game I have played is FFX. Truly amazing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast