Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Release Date Announced

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Release Date Announced within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is the latest game in a long line of Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy ...

September MotM 2013

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Release Date Announced

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is the latest game in a long line of Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy 14 is a MMO Role-Playing game that was first released on the PC that is being completely remade for the PS3. Final Fantasy 14 will allow players to create their character and allow them to choose what race they want to be. A Realm Reborn is set in the world of Hydaelyn, which is specifically set in a region called Eorzea.

Today Square Enix, has announced the release date for their game Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, which is the latest game in the series will be releasing on PS3 on August 27, 2013 for $39.99. Also revealed by Square Enix is the Pre-order Bonuses and Collector's Edition of the game. When you pre-order Final Fantasy 14, you will get early access to the game before launch, a mog cap for your character, and a cait sith doll minion. Finally Square Enix also revealed the collectors edition for the game. The collectors edition for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will cost you $79.99.

Collector's Edition Details:

• A gorgeous box featuring artwork by famed FINAL FANTASY illustrator Yoshitaka Amano
    • The Art of Eorzea: A Realm Reimagined A hardbound art book, featuring concept art and more from Art Director Akihiko Yoshida and his team of talented artists
    • The Waning of the Sixth Sun A Blu-Ray disc that features a cinematic look at the events that led up to the realm being reborn
    • The Sounds of Eorzea a collection of music from FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn by Sound Director Masayoshi Soken
    • Five beautiful art cards created by the amazing CG artists at Square Enix Visual Works
    • A FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn branded security token to secure your account
    • Four In-game Bonus Items:- Helm of Light Look like one of the fabled Warriors of Light when you equip this exclusive helmet
      - Baby Behemoth Minion Summon this cute, but ferocious miniature version of Behemoth and watch him roar with excitement as you adventure through Eorzea
      - Coeurl Mount Only the bravest of warriors are able to tame and ride the mighty coeurl. Show off your prowess with this exclusive mount
      - Behemoth Barding Customize your Chocobo with the fearsome Behemoth Chocobo Armor and charge into battle
    • And of course, the game itself!

Collector's Edition

Pre-orders

Source: PS Blog.

Still the Chocobo

Final Fantasy MMO..... How does that work? Looks good and it's coming out pretty cheap. We'll see how I feel about it over time.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

PRO Member

Sorry if the question is a little obvious but do we have to pay every month to play?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Do you have to pay a monthly fee to play? Because if so, then forget it.
    Looks cheap enough and I liked what I've seen of it, but if you have to pay every month it's not worth it IMO.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Needz Trophy Card

im a sucker for MMO plats and if the trophies are doable ill dig in
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Sorry if the question is a little obvious but do we have to pay every month to play?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Do you have to pay a monthly fee to play? Because if so, then forget it.
    Looks cheap enough and I liked what I've seen of it, but if you have to pay every month it's not worth it IMO.
    Yes you do
    The company has also revealed that monthly subscription fees for the game will start at $12.99 / 7.69 / €10.99.

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees yes yes! I need this!

It's a shame you have to pay a monthly subscription

I'll give a try for a month, and if is good i'll continue paying.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Not getting this because of monthly fee and it's a shitty game in general

Still the Chocobo

Oh, there's a monthy fee..... Why would I do that? Games are already pretty expensive IMO and I'm on the old ones.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Korean Girl Group Groupie

This is a bit ahead of schedule and open beta hasn't even happened yet. I suspect this has a large part to do with Square Enix having a major shake-up in management. Almost seems as if they are forcing it out sooner than later to make a profit on it.

All of the latest information allows me to believe that at the launch, this game will be bare-bones without a lot of the announced features being implemented until much much later, so they can finally make some revenue off of the work that has been put into this game for years.

I'll pick it up, but that monthly subscription fee is a bit high (and the servers better be top notch for that cost) and I expect so many features to not even be active that it's going to get tiresome quite quickly. I could be wrong, but as a person who follows this game quite heavily - I must say that this isn't likely to deliver what we want. Which is sad, because this title had a lot of promise until recent months when it seems that the features took a back seat to just getting this game out.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

One word: AWESOME!! So going to aquire the collectors edition.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

RPG Master

I played Final Fantasy XI for a while (1 year-ish) and if the leveling in XIV is anything like 11 it is going to be a long MMO. Could be fun but I'm going to wait and see how it sells first.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    This is a bit ahead of schedule and open beta hasn't even happened yet. I suspect this has a large part to do with Square Enix having a major shake-up in management. Almost seems as if they are forcing it out sooner than later to make a profit on it.

All of the latest information allows me to believe that at the launch, this game will be bare-bones without a lot of the announced features being implemented until much much later, so they can finally make some revenue off of the work that has been put into this game for years.

I'll pick it up, but that monthly subscription fee is a bit high (and the servers better be top notch for that cost) and I expect so many features to not even be active that it's going to get tiresome quite quickly. I could be wrong, but as a person who follows this game quite heavily - I
    must say that this isn't likely to deliver what we want. Which is sad, because this title had a lot of promise until recent months when it seems that the features took a back seat to just getting this game out.
    Definitely have a point there. I remember clear as day the time when it first came out those years ago and delivered an unsatisfactory edition to the series

Just hoping this time mistakes have been learn and avoid a repeat cause with this economy the last thing they want is to "F" up and potentially get fired.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Beast Incarnate

I played FFXI for around 5 years and loved it. I picked up XIV on release and it sucked. I've heard promising things about the reboot but I'm not holding my breath. Will pick it up because its an FF

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by U.M.A._Mailman19 View Post
    Yes you do
    Man, sucks to know you have to pay, though I can't say I didn't expect it.
    I think I'll pass on this one, simply because I refuse to pay monthly for any kind of game no matter how good or bad. If it goes Freemium like DCUO though...I might consider it.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Death to zombies!!

Day1 for me i want the collectors edition but with that extra money i could get nearly 4 months sub

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yaaaay! Now that this game is finished and almost released, Square-Enix can FINALLY move onto finishing and releasing Final Fantasy Versus XIII... I hope.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Hated XI and this is no different...... XI and XIV should not be numbered titles.........
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Kiwi Defender

I'd love to get that CE due to the box's cover art alone . I don't think I'll play the damn thing for more than a month (if at all), but it'd be totally worth it .

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe10 View Post
    Not getting this because of monthly fee and it's a shitty game in general
    How can you know it is/will be a shitty game if you haven't played it due to the open beta not starting yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by U.M.A._Mailman19 View Post
    Pre-orders

Source: PS Blog.
    Gabranth, is that you?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Gabranth, is that you?
    Yeah, the game has judges that ride around in magitek armor. How could you not want to buy it on that fact alone? Not to mention that the character creation screen allows some few million possible options for what your character can look like.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast