Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Grand Theft Auto V Editions Announced

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto V Editions Announced within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Sorry about being late with this. My computer has been running terribly lately. Anyway, on to the article. Rockstar have ...

Death is Awaiting....

Grand Theft Auto V Editions Announced

Sorry about being late with this. My computer has been running terribly lately. Anyway, on to the article. Rockstar have begun taking pre-orders of Grand Theft Auto V and they’ve also announced the Special and Collector’s Editions of the game.

Firstly, anyone that pre-orders GTA V – regardless of whether it’s the standard/special/collector’s editon – will gain access to a blimp in-game. The Atomic Blimp looks pretty cool, but not as cool as what you can expect in your hyper-ultra-mega copies of GTA, itself. The Special Edition will be $80, and the Collector's Edition will be $150. Releases September 17, 2013.

The Special Edition of the game includes:

• Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork - This special SteelBook features double-sided, never-before-seen artwork of Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Custom color and metallic treatments bring out the detail of the artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook.
    • Blueprint Map - This exclusive, additional 21.5” x 26.75” map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County. Cryptic markings indicate locations for fast cash and other points of interest for the up-and-coming entrepreneur.
    • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster.
    • Stunt Plane Trials - Single player Stunt Plane Trials let you take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County.
    • Bonus Outfits Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County.
    • Additional Weapons - When visiting Ammunation stores in single player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.

The Collector's Edition + It has everything the Special Edition has.

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key - Inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75” x 8.5” money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window.
    • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY™ Snapback Cap - This exclusive New Era 9FIFTY cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer's left side, a Grand Theft Auto 'V' logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit.
    • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online - Get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System.
    • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - Players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.

Source: ET

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

Awesome! I'll probably pick up the collector's edition.

Starting REORC Soon AGAIN

Special Edition looking pretty damn boring compared to that collectors edition…
    Sig by Djunglist & Avy by Dare
    Made by Pancake Model

The _ is silent.

Was hoping for better, one of the lamest collector's editions

Sig and Avatar by SideEffect

Korean Girl Group Groupie

For $150 price tag that is pretty trashy for a collector's edition. A box, hat, and deposit bag? Yeah just what every hardcore GTA fan wants - a hat a, box for it, and a purse.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Carpe Diem

Collector's Edition preordered 120 is about 60 more than it is worth but sod it

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Lvl 2 - Bronze

You have got to be kidding, this is a joke right? That is the worst CE I have ever seen. Nice one rockstar, I think I will have to pass on both.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by rogerskyle1987 View Post
    You have got to be kidding, this is a joke right? That is the worst CE I have ever seen.
    This. Honestly I've expected GTAV's CE to be way more better than "that"... Seriously... the content of this CE is so 2005!

Lvl 4 - Silver

The collector's edition is a bit much for me considering I don't care about the hat or bag, but the special edition has a lot of good stuff for just 20 bucks extra. That's the one I'll be getting.
    The Jolly Green Giant
    Has a stable full of hos
    Except instead of ladies
    He pimps out potatoes

-Roast Beef

member since Oct 2009

Looks like I'll be pre-ordering the vanilla version. The only thing I'm interested in is the blimp. These editions are not worth the $$ IMO.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I went in to upgrade mine to the collectors edition today at EBgames, mind you I had paid full price for the standard already and I asked them twice to put me down for special/collectors editions... oh sorry we dont have any collectors editions left -_-
    Sigh, at least I'm not missing out on to much the hat is pretty cool but I dont think Id want to wear it really,the bag is kinda pointless you only really get the digital stuff which will proobably just be Downloadable like the red dead redemption and Max payne 3 stuff later on anyway.
    Even if the hat/bag comes out for sale later I wouldnt want to buy one as the Rockstar postage is like 60 dollars to Australia even for a shirt.

The special edition is only 10 dollars more than the standard one here so its pretty much an easy choice to change to that its like 20 dollars more in the US I think?

EDIT: Anyone else not really liking the look of the steelbook?
    Last edited by Waystedyou; 05-24-2013 at 05:42 AM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

the game should be good enough..

Inactive

If anything I'd get the Special Edition, the CE is too much money for me.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Lvl 3 - Bronze

dammit I want the additional in game content... but not for 150$! omg
    they should boost the stats.

Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by zezima007 View Post
    dammit I want the additional in game content... but not for 150$! omg
    they should boost the stats.
    If you're talking about the characters/vehicle content it doesn't say anything about it being exclusive so it could hit PSN store

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

♚ Overlord ♔

$150 is way too much for a bag and cap. Special it is then, all I really want is the art book,weapons, and boost ability

Lvl 9 - Gold

Special Edition for me, Collector's will probably be around $200 here, and it's not worth it IMO, though the cap is awesome.
    I'm just hoping the regular edition will include a map like every other GTA game so far, I'd be disappointed if it didn't and the blueprint was the only map available.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would get the bigger one just for the deposit box, but luckily I have a safe of my own.

Lvl 5 - Silver

150 is way too much, IF i pick it up it will be the special edition. ( still a lot ).
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4

Roo Commander

Seeing as the special edition is only $10 more than the regular here, I'll get the Special Edition. Collector's is already out of stock apparently, although it was over priced.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast