Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII E3 2013 Gameplay Trailer Released

This is a discussion on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII E3 2013 Gameplay Trailer Released within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is the final entry in the Final Fantasy 13 series. Lightning Returns puts players' in ...

September MotM 2013

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII E3 2013 Gameplay Trailer Released

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is the final entry in the Final Fantasy 13 series. Lightning Returns puts players' in the shoes of Lightning after she has awaken from her crystal sleep. Lightning's goal in the game is to save the world from destruction, but it will not be any easy mission as she will have to fight her way through the different factions and monsters she comes across. Lightning will be the only playable character. The game will see the return of both Hope and Snow. Sqaure Enix will be releasing Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3.

With E3 finally starting today, Sqaure Enix has released a gameplay trailer for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 a couple hours before the event. The trailer that was released today by Square Enix shows off gameplay from Lightning Returns. In the trailer you can see Lightning following Snow through an underground complex. The trailer also shows Lightning running into another character that is in the game, which leads her right into a boss. Now may I present you with the new trailer. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will be releasing on the PS3 on February 11, 2014 in North America and February 14, 2014 in Europe.

Source: Gameranx.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Prease be excited!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

It's sad that I can't really get excited about final fantasy any more. Played almost every single one from the beginning and they have just stagnated, especially with the xiii trilogy. Please move on to something different squeenix. Give me ff versus or kh3. Ff xv needs to change up the formula.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    It's sad that I can't really get excited about final fantasy any more. Played almost every single one from the beginning and they have just stagnated, especially with the xiii trilogy. Please move on to something different squeenix. Give me ff versus or kh3. Ff xv needs to change up the formula.
    ^ This is it in a nutshell.

Squeenix inadvertently destroyed one of the most iconic video game franchises in history. Repairing the damage will be no small task, but first they've gotta get away from this goofy Lightning saga.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    ^ This is it in a nutshell.

Squeenix inadvertently destroyed one of the most iconic video game franchises in history. Repairing the damage will be no small task, but first they've gotta get away from this goofy Lightning saga.
    Couldn't agree more, I played the first one which was OK I thought, But this trilogy just keeps dragging on...

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Lvl 4 - Silver

What type of battle mode this time ?? I don't see options or any words on screen

Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version

Lvl 2 - Bronze

...Yeah this is a bit much. I love lightning in XIII and it was nice to see her in XIII-2 though, I'm a bit bored of her now. It doesn't seem like her bland monotone personality will bring anything new to FF. All in all weather Lightning Returns gets reviewed good or bad, I know I will love it for exactly what it is.
    Currently Playing:
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope

~ Sig by Nevetsteven2 ~

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm getting it to complete the last two, but surprisingly I agree with the critic on this forum. I use to be stoked for each game that came out but this series (XIII's story) might have killed the franchise for being so annoying and streamlined. (I personally liked XIII, but by this time it's dragging on and we need something new and fresh).
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

JINTRAy

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

I know it's not the same, but I still enjoyed them. I'm excited for it

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

once i plat this i will move on
    i might as well complete the trilogy
    no other FF on my mind except for versus
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

The trailer seems awesome hoping a great ending for Lightining

Galaxy beauty pirate

Hopefully I will enjoy this last part as much as 13-2, although I like Serah better than Lightning. I can't wait for this game but at the same time I will be happy that the FF 13 saga is coming to an end.
    Sig by Ramon

Kiwi Defender

Still looks as bland as it did on the first trailer, which is a rather big shame. Hopefully this will end Lightning's saga and the XIII franchise as well. I don't think that many people want a third game to begin with (especially due to the clusterfuck story of XIII-2), so a fourth one is even more unlikely to be wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkiq View Post
    What type of battle mode this time ?? I don't see options or any words on screen
    Because it's a demo.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Haters gonna hate. I'm excited.

Plats-O'-War!!

This maybe me, but FFXIII was the 1st FF game I've ever played and I enjoyed it a lot. I have FFXIII-2 and is looking forward to playing Lightning Returns.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm going to pre-order this as soon as I find out what the top tier collector's edition will be (will probably just have a standard and Collector's Edition like the previous 2 in the trilogy).

Looking forward to it. Will Platinum it like the others.