Rainbow Six: Patriots Confirmed for Next-Gen

This is a discussion on Rainbow Six: Patriots Confirmed for Next-Gen within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Rainbow Six: Patriots is a first-person shooter that is developed by Ubisoft . Rainbow Six: Patriots is the latest entry ...

September MotM 2013

Rainbow Six: Patriots Confirmed for Next-Gen

Rainbow Six: Patriots is a first-person shooter that is developed by Ubisoft. Rainbow Six: Patriots is the latest entry in the Rainbow Six series and was first revealed back in December 2011 on the December GameInformer Cover. The game then had a trailer released during the 2011 Spike VGA's. Since then the game has gone silent detail wise. In Rainbow Six: Patriots you play as Team Rainbow as they attempt to stop a terrorist group who call themselves the True Patriots.

Ever since Rainbow Six: Patriots was announced back in December 2011, info on it has been very scarce. The game has had multiple cancellation rumors spread around the news. Then it was taken off of the GameStop internal database. A couple of weeks ago it showed up on a Ubisoft Red Storm resume. Finally today there has been word on the status of the game. Today Ubisoft has confirmed that Rainbow Six: Patriots is now a next-gen game.

Ubisoft had this to say:

“We can’t -- and we don’t want to -- make ten giant blockbuster games at the same time,” Key told IGN. “We’re absolutely making another Rainbow 6. We’ve already said so. We just, as we enter this new generation, have to make sure we make the right game at the right time with the right feature sets."
    "And Rainbow 6 got caught in the transition of going to next-gen and essentially we’re figuring out ‘well, are we making the right game for the right hardware systems?’ And you know, on Watch Dogs, the guys have been working on that game and it’s always been a next-generation game in their minds and the way they were designing it. And at the end of the day when the specs showed up for next generation, they had guessed right. That’s not always the case.”

“Sometimes you have to take a step back and go ‘you know, I’m seeing the possibilities, but it's gonna take more time,’” Key added. “We don’t really have anything else to announce or say about Rainbow 6, but we will say it’s a really exciting project for us and we can’t wait to say more.”

For further clarification, we directly asked Key if it’s safe to say the game will be next-gen at this point, and he simply said “yes.”
    Source: IGN.

Inactive

Finally! The trailer showed at the Spike VGA made my jaw drop and saliva running down my chin just like this Can't wait for this game!

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Qurbalicious View Post
    Finally! The trailer showed at the Spike VGA made my jaw drop and saliva running down my chin just like this Can't wait for this game!
    This! I loved the two Vegas' and the 2011 trailer was sick! I was quite pissed when they said it was in limbo.

I'm A Walking Anime......

YEAH!!! Glad it isn't cancelled
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

Lvl 5 - Silver

It's not necessarily Patriots, they mention a new Rainbow Six game, but (hopefully) not Patriots.

Angel of Death

Not surprised in the slightest. Glad too.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

it would be funny if they mean next gen as in the next consoles to come out

BEEP BOOP BORP

Quote Originally Posted by dingdong View Post
    it would be funny if they mean next gen as in the next consoles to come out
    It seems like that's exactly what he just said, what with the comment about the "new hardware" and all.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

can't wait for this game