Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Component Confirmed

This is a discussion on Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Component Confirmed within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Just Confirmed today, Bioware have announced that there will be a Multiplayer Component in the upcoming highly anticipated title, Mass ...

Scotch and Pain Killers

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Component Confirmed

Just Confirmed today, Bioware have announced that there will be a Multiplayer Component in the upcoming highly anticipated title, Mass Effect 3. This will be the first time Multiplayer has come to the Franchise.

There has been rumours based around a possible Multiplayer component for a few months now, and the time has come for the truth to be revealed. The Features were confirmed by an Australian PC Gaming Magazine, as they traveled to Bioware's HQ in Edmonton to speak with Casey Hudson, and give the new features a spin.

"That's right - Mass Effect 3 is getting multiplayer!" is the claim. "We travel to BioWare's office in Edmonton for hands-on time with the series' first foray into online gameplay, and chat with Mass Effect Series Producer and Mass Effect 3 Project Director Casey Hudson about the decision to go multiplayer in the epic battle for the galaxy".

The Tagline 'Fight alongside your friends' was thrown in, and hints at possible Cooperative type missions, rather than Full-blown Competitive Modes such as Team Deathmatch, or full campaign co-op.

Coming from Eurogamer, they have apparent sources that say Mass Effect 3 includes an online enabled co-op mode that is standalone, and features competitive elements, which no doubt will require the use of EA's Online Pass System.

While we don't know what type of Multiplayer will be apart of Mass Effect 3, we now defintely know it's there. Stay Tuned.

What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I don't believe it suits being in Mass Effect, but as long as it doesn't affect the Single Player Experience in any way, it won't bother me.

Update: It will be Cooperative. Not Competitive, Casey Confirmed it on Facebook.

"We can officially confirm that there will be a multiplayer feature in Mass Effect 3. However, please reserve your appraisal until we are able to give more information.

Yes, co-op MP missions for ME3: they're real, and they're spectacular. Rest assured it's nothing of what you've feared."
    Sources: PCPowerPlay / Eurogamer
    Last edited by BountyHunterInc; 10-10-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Identity Overload

When did single player become obsolete? Was I asleep for that? An unnecessary mode in a game that was 100% fine without multiplayer

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

The Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Aspernatio View Post
    When did single player become obsolete? Was I asleep for that? An unnecessary mode in a game that was 100% fine without multiplayer
    I couldn't agree more, although I'd be fine with it as long as they keep it confined to co-op. Competitive MP in this game would be abhorrent.

Break from gaming

I don't know what to make of this...... wow

I hope the singleplayer isn't released with bugs/glitches which could of been avoided if they spent the time used on adding multiplayer, something the majority do not want, polishing the game.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hope they wont add any multiplayer trophies, i hate mutiplayer trophies

Hoping it will be as awesome a ME 2 was
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

Mr. 70 Plats

Personally, I don't think that this will suit this kind of game. The single player was not meant to be tampered with at all. So, while co-op would be a kool thought, the single player is where it's really at. Just my take.......

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by ONUOsFan View Post
    I couldn't agree more, although I'd be fine with it as long as they keep it confined to co-op. Competitive MP in this game would be abhorrent.
    Yea, I could see Co op working well in this type of game, but competitive MP? No.

I'm waiting to hear more, but I've had a bad feeling once EA said that this game would be made to appeal to a broader audience.

No Game No Life

Another great SP game having MP functions-ish. When will be the time that every game has online functions

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Platinum Procrastinator

I hope they've spent enough time perfecting the single player campaign before they decided to invest anything into the MP aspect because Mass Effect doesn't need MP. However, I'm not going to say this is a bad idea until I actually here some reviews on it or get a chance to play it.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 8 - Gold

of course this game is going to have some sort of multi player component thrown in,how else are they going to get the 10 dollars for an online pass from the people who buy used

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Bioware knows what they're doing. I don't think I would care for multiplayer, but if they think it could improve the game, then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Couldn't have said it any better my self. Like ONUOsFan said, I wouldn't mind co-op but nothing more besides that.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 8 - Gold

My thought's exactly. Even though they'll focus on SP mostly having them waste time on MP is a dumb idea.

Maybe they'll add MP for the upcoming Final Fantasy games. A 24 player TDM mode between humans and monsters would be really fun. /sarcasm.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

MP is what sells games now FACT!!!

PRO Member

dislike this multiplayer option but will still give Bioware/EA my money

PRO Member

I could see Co-op working in ME 3. It would be cool if everyone in Co-op could trans port there character over from ME 2.

Don't know if Competive Mp would work though.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ONUOsFan View Post
    This.

Multiplayer is a fairly vague word. Though most of the general public that says "multiplayer" usually mean competitive multiplayer, it's not specific enough to be clear.

I see this game making for a potentially great co-op multiplayer experience, but not so much competitive.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by TheNeoReaper View Post
    MP is what sells games now FACT!!!
    Actually that's not a fact. Because realistically speaking. Less than half the people who play games. Never play the multilayer portions of it. Honestly the mp of games is the least played part of them. Even Activision did there own 'study' and found that only about 40% of CoD buyers play the mp. Which is why 3arch added the 'Combat Training" to Black Ops. It's there to entice people to actually play the mp.

Mp in Mass Effect is just absurd to me. Yes Co-op would be nice. But is it really needed. No, not really. I mean if playing with your friends in co-op was the reasoning behind it. Then why only make the co-op available online? Oh wait because Project $10 doesn't work on split screen, that's right. I have the feeling that every game EA publishes from now on. Will have some sort of MP thrown in. Just for that extras $10.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

ILoveU4Life

hmm if they have co-op wil be cool but multiplayer not for me but y' never know some ppl may like it and that's fine because the rest of us just don't have 2 play it lol

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 6 - Silver

this is what i had in mind
    theres no need for it -_-
    betray someone to understand my reason (everyone should take a hear)

Plats
    YouTube

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast