Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Soulcalibur 2 HD Online Coming This Fall

This is a discussion on Soulcalibur 2 HD Online Coming This Fall within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Namco Bandai offered a first look at the next Soulcalibur game at San Diego Comic-Con today, a high-definition update to ...

Death is Awaiting....

Soulcalibur 2 HD Online Coming This Fall

Namco Bandai offered a first look at the next Soulcalibur game at San Diego Comic-Con today, a high-definition update to Soulcalibur 2. The HD update to Soulcalibur 2 appears to be a straight and faithful port of the 2003 fighting game and is bound for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The original console port of Soulcalibur 2, which came to PS2, Xbox and GameCube, featured three guest characters: Tekken's Heihachi, The Legend of Zelda's Link and Todd McFarlane's Spawn. In a teaser trailer shown at Comic-Con, only Heihachi was featured. Following the announcement of Soulcalibur 2 HD Online, Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada announced that Masaaki Hoshino would serve as producer on the Soulcalibur series going forward. Soulcalibur 2 coming out this fall.

Source: Joystiq

Plats-O'-War!!

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?! Soul Calibur 2!?!?! That's it, I'm totally pre-ordering this!!!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I remember playing this when I was a kid! Sounds fun!!
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 9 - Gold

Is the story mode for this game good? Because I only remember the one for SCIII and that one was awesome. SCV was such a disappointment in almost every aspect except the godlike netcode (but I don't play online).

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Is the story mode for this game good? Because I only remember the one for SCIII and that one was awesome. SCV was such a disappointment in almost every aspect except the godlike netcode (but I don't play online).
    It's good, but nowhere near as good as SC3's story mode. They need to remake that one as well!!

PRO Member

Good to see they're adding an online mode, but still I don't think I'll be getting this. I have Soul Calibur III but it's not my thing.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Awesome news, but I very surprised 3 won't be with it. That makes me think it'll just get released on the PSN instead of disc...

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by PineappleTimbits View Post
    Awesome news, but I very surprised 3 won't be with it. That makes me think it'll just get released on the PSN instead of disc...
    I was just telling my brother the same thing. I really wish they release SC3 as well. That would be awesome!! Would (in my mind) make up from that debacle known as SoulCalibur V

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm not much into fighting games but I remember me and my brother playing the shit out of this on the GameCube. He'll more than likely be getting this so I'll probably give it another shot.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I remember playing this, I must’ve rented it for whatever reason, although I’ve never been a real fan of the SoulCalibur series. Seems like a random game to remaster in HD without companions in a Collection. I played it on the PS2 with Heihachi, which is the version they’re remaking for both consoles this time (since Tekken is no longer Sony-exclusive).

Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

They need to fix SC3's glitchiness first. It was a bit broken.

Definitely glad they're doing this, though - a lot like what they did with Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. Still remember one day where my friends and I played nearly 300 matches in a row on PS2.

Kiwi Defender

It'd be hilarious (even though it's impossible) if Link was somehow in the game. I'd really laugh hard and enjoy it more if that were the case.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It'd be hilarious (even though it's impossible) if Link was somehow in the game. I'd really laugh hard and enjoy it more if that were the case.
    What's crazy is that this isn't coming to the Wii U. So, it maybe a possibility that Link will be on the PS3 version.

Quote Originally Posted by BoneSickle View Post
    I remember playing this, I must’ve rented it for whatever reason, although I’ve never been a real fan of the SoulCalibur series. Seems like a random game to remaster in HD without companions in a Collection. I played it on the PS2 with Heihachi, which is the version they’re remaking for both consoles this time (since Tekken is no longer Sony-exclusive).
    This is the same thing I said earlier to my brother when I saw this. It would be awesome if they remade SoulCalibur 3 as well.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Soul Calibur 2 is one of my favorite fighting games. I will be getting this for sure.
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    What's crazy is that this isn't coming to the Wii U. So, it maybe a possibility that Link will be on the PS3 version.
    Nah, it's not. Making him appear on a version released on something that's not owned by Nintendo is pretty much asking to get sued by them. The probabilities of Link showing up on the game are pretty much none.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Banned

Greatest character in the game

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by njdog102 View Post
    I'm not much into fighting games but I remember me and my brother playing the shit out of this on the GameCube. He'll more than likely be getting this so I'll probably give it another shot.
    This. I played it on GameCube. 'Twas my shite. I doubt I'll be getting it when it is rereleased. I already have too many fighting games and I suck at them all. Lol.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Platboy Online Knight

I have this on GameCube. I liked Link, and only played the GameCube version, so this will be new for me, considering I hated the controls of 3, so gave up on the series after that. But this is great news. I assume it won't have a but who knows.

Platboy Online Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kankri View Post

Greatest character in the game
    Get fucked up.

Bob 'n' Becca

Both of you can eat a dick.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast