Borderlands 2: Level Cap Increase and More

This is a discussion on Borderlands 2: Level Cap Increase and More within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; During a panel at PAX Australia, Gearbox confirmed that the level cap for Borderlands 2 will be raised by 11 ...

Death is Awaiting....

Borderlands 2: Level Cap Increase and More

During a panel at PAX Australia, Gearbox confirmed that the level cap for Borderlands 2 will be raised by 11 levels to 72 this fall, plus new missions and raid bosses will be coming as additional DLC packs.

The level cap increase will come along with the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge, which will be released for $5.00 before the end of October. The Digistruct Peak Challenge is a new map where Patricia Tannis will let players fight high-level enemies. An upcoming free update will also add additional backpack, ammo and bank slots.

Gearbox will also release multiple “Headhunter” packs offering new missions and unique themed boss fights. The first mission will be T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest, bringing back the character last seen in Borderlands 1’s Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC.

Zombie T.K. Baha will send players to fight Jaques O’Lantern, a giant pumpkin boss who will give new character customizations as a reward for being beaten. All the new DLC is separate from the Borderlands 2 Season Pass. Last Season Pass offer was Tiny Tina's latest.

Source: Kotaku

Lvl 8 - Gold

hope the dlc will be worth it but gearbox hasnt dissapointed so far!!

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

Sounds great, I really wasn't expecting Gearbox to release anymore DLC - though I'm doubtful that these additional packs will have any trophies

100% Grizzly

Gearbox: Hey guys want to make some more money? Let's poop out more BL2 stuff!

Bringing the PAIN

I like how they made this not included in the Season pass... Like, "You know how we said you'd get all the DLC free? Well fuck you! "

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    I like how they made this not included in the Season pass... Like, "You know how we said you'd get all the DLC free? Well fuck you! "
    As far as I can remember they NEVER said it would include all the DLC content, but the 4 *planned* pieces of DLC. I don't think it's unfair at all since you're already saving money by buying the Season Pass instead of all the DLC separately.

Personally I was waiting on the GOTY but I guess I'll have to keep waiting (probably till september), I want to play the game but I'm in no rush since I still have to finish BL1's DLC.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

The biggest thing that's caused a bit of an uproar over on the GBX forums, about the announcement, is the balancing issues with the exponential level scaling numbers between player health, player available guns, and enemy health/gun damage.

When you get up close to level 72, the numbers become wildly disproportionate, to where even common mobs are likely going to require you to rely on tricks such as exploiting the Health Gate mechanic and keeping up with nothing but either the Bee, Hoplite, Rough Rider, or, for someone like Krieg, the Flame of the Firehawk, making sure you maintain those legendary shields at player level in order not to be completely overwhelmed. The gap really gets bonkers around 66-67.

Of course, all the calculations were done for this using the current scaling percentiles, and GBX could change those if they read their own forums and see what happens when people get there on their current system.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I for one will be looking forward to this. I wish they would have gradually increased the level cap with each dlc release though.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I was hoping I'd get more play out of borderlands. A second main story playthrough is...awful.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Still need to buy Borderlands 2 but I'm waiting for the GOTY version...I know that will come..eventually.Anyway its nice to see they supporting their game.

Toggle Spoiler

KCCO!

Not sure what to make of this. I like the level can increase, but honestly, grinding to 71 sounds like it may be a bit much unless they start to offer massive XP. Also, if there are no trophies (which it doesn't sound like there will be), I'm not sure I'll be interested. I've got tons of other stuff I can play.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I personally can't wait for this dlc. Ever since I got Borderlands 2, me and my best friend have spent countless hours playing and having a kick-ass time. Just yesterday, I finally bought Krieg, Gaige, The first Vault Hunter Upgrade and the creature slaughter dome, but he's staying out in California with his dad, so I'm forced to play alone, but with the 2nd Vault hunter upgrade, we can make up for lost time, and have even more fun grinding up to 72. It seems like playing alone up to 72, doesn't appeal to many, but my best friend and I, plus our other 2 friends can all pay up to 72, and that makes it more fun. So, I'm excited for the Vault Hunter Upgrade 2.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm really happy for more Borderlands 2 dlc. I don't mind paying extra for it.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Lvl 4 - Silver

its all good but i'm still waiting for the game of the year edition

Lvl 6 - Silver

As much as I love the Borderlands series, BL2 is way past played out for me. I'd rather they spend their time and efforts on making BL3 as opposed to more semi-worthless DLC for BL2. But that's just me........

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

100% Grizzly

It isn't even like they make new perks either they literally just change the level cap so you get more perk points.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Levelcap DLC should be free IMO.

Not going to be getting any of the DLC even if it has trophies to maintain 100%, I'm over the game.