Dying Light Gameplay Released

This is a discussion on Dying Light Gameplay Released within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Dying Light is a new zombie game that takes emphasis on Parkour in the game. The game will also have ...

September MotM 2013

Dying Light Gameplay Released

Dying Light is a new zombie game that takes emphasis on Parkour in the game. The game will also have a realistic day/night cycle. Day in the game is described as a preparation phase, which means you go out and scavenge for supplies and craft weapons. Night on the other hand will make players take a stealthier approach and a swift homeward retreat from the deadlier monsters. Combat in the game is largely based on upgradeable melee weaponry. Fighting frequency drops once night arrives, which is when faster and more powerful creatures come. Players' will be able to detect these monsters with an on-screen pulse, which is one of the abilities you have by happening to be an infected human yourself. Dying Light comes to you from the developer Techland.

Today WB Games and Techland have released gameplay for one of their new IP's in Dying Light. The last time we heard about Dying Light was at E3 back in June and since then there hasn't been a lot of info or gameplay until today. The gameplay that was released today show cases the parkour elements of the game and some of the missions you will go on. The gameplay will also show off how dangerous the zombies will get a they day progresses to night time. Dying Light will be out on the PS3 and PS4 in 2014.

Source: GamingEverything.

Lvl 7 - Gold

i hope they do better with this game. cuz, riptide wasnt that great.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Was that Bane pointing gun at him? Sounded like Bane. Looks like Dead Island in Favela. That running part at night looked great, If this game has more intensive parts like that I would buy it.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Damn This looks really good and it plays Good too kinda reminds me of the Dead Island but with better gameplay mechanics and the fact that it's coming on both Systems (PS3 and PS4) made me really interested in this game even more.

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Kid, not loser

The part where he used the zombie to jump higher was cool. The game looks good overall, and I always liked chasing sequences. Hopefully this won't get too carried away with them.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Good Night. Good Luck.
    *sends chills down my spine*
    this game looks intense. will be getting this on PS4, for sure.

Silence is a valid option

Count me in, this looks great. I will definitely get this for PS4
    Sig by Pancake Model

Lvl 4 - Silver

A little apprehensive after the glitches and lack of polish on the Dead Island games, but this looks like it has lots of potential. If it winds up being good I'll pick it up on PS4.
    The Jolly Green Giant
    Has a stable full of hos
    Except instead of ladies
    He pimps out potatoes

-Roast Beef

Let Me Watch

This looks amazing
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

At night the Zombies can ..... PARKOUR
    Hall of Fame - Best Platinum Trophies

Bioshock (100%) | LittleBigPlanet (100%) | Trine (100%) | Dead Nation (100%) | Batman: Arkham Asylum (100%) |
    Borderlands (100%) | Singularity (100%) | Dead Space (100%) | Bioshock 2 (100%) | Rage (100%) | Killzone HD (100%) |
    RESOGUN (100%)
    | Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (100%)

coming soon ... God of War (82%) | God of War II (88%)

Inactive

This game actually looks pretty cool, pretty excited.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Carpe Diem

Am I the only one that thinks this looks terrible? Visually it looks good, but everything else is wank

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Probably a day-one buy for me.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks this looks terrible? Visually it looks good, but everything else is wank
    To each their own, but to be honest, aside from the visuals, I'm interested to see how the end-effect of these choices you would make. The little girl that he found, does she magically show up in their crew later on or is she just some useless mouth that we now have to feed that takes up resources? And how important are resources to be frank? I have a lot of questions; the game looks fun though and I think it will be enjoyable to just go out there and do things, but if difficulty is not properly adjusted and quests are not a interesting, this could be another time waster like Dead Island. A fun way to kill time, but nothing special in the end. I hope I'm wrong.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)

Currently Playing
    `NFS Rivals [64%]
    `Diablo 3: Ultimate Ed. [64%]

Signature & Avatar
    `courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalPhoenix View Post
    To each their own, but to be honest, aside from the visuals, I'm interested to see how the end-effect of these choices you would make. The little girl that he found, does she magically show up in their crew later on or is she just some useless mouth that we now have to feed that takes up resources? And how important are resources to be frank? I have a lot of questions; the game looks fun though and I think it will be enjoyable to just go out there and do things, but if difficulty is not properly adjusted and quests are not a interesting, this could be another time waster like Dead Island. A fun way to kill time, but nothing special in the end. I hope I'm wrong.
    This Is what I was thinking too! If you were faster in saving the girl could you get to the first drop before the guys with guns, could you just attack them guys anyway, or ambush them? How much of the game is scripted and how much is randomly generated. Definitely going to watch out for it, just hope they don't make a weak game around this great concept.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Why is it 24 hours windy? the environments just can't cease to move. The only thing that I like about this game is the graphics and the sound. Seriously hope the gameplay is deep.

The Grand Ray Legend

This game looks awesome, especially at night..I gotta see more in the future before I buy
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Visually, this game looks incredible. Awesome in the daytime, terrifying in the nighttime. Can't wait to see and hear more about it!
    My PS3 Plat's:
    Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Beyond: Two Souls, God of
    War, God of War II, Heavy Rain, ICO, inFamous, inFamous 2, inFamous: Second Son, L.A. Noire, Prince
    of Persia: The Sands of Time, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Sly Cooper
    and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2:
    Among Thieves, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Walking Dead: Season One