Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grand Theft Auto Online for GTA V Revealed, Check out the Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto Online for GTA V Revealed, Check out the Gameplay Trailer within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; We've seen a sneak peek of the multiplayer in a previous gameplay trailer, but now we have an extended 3 ...

Death is Awaiting....

Grand Theft Auto Online for GTA V Revealed, Check out the Gameplay Trailer

We've seen a sneak peek of the multiplayer in a previous gameplay trailer, but now we have an extended 3 minute look at what to expect. Rockstar has sent out another gameplay video, this time for Grand Theft Auto Online, the online multiplayer portion of the game:

In Grand Theft Auto Online, you’ll have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V. Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.

Source: Insider

Lvl 9 - Gold

quite late on the official post since it was out 10 hours ago.

Anyway it looks amazing so what's this replay value 100 hours in SP and 100 more in MP = atleast 200 hours of time in this game!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Finally I will be able to create a death match I want, that is awesome. Welcome to shotgun asylum.
    Last edited by BeefcakeJax; 08-15-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Looks like it'll be a huge blast with 15 other players! But if this GTA Online apparently comes "free" with the retail copy, does that mean it's going to be like a standalone dlc? If so then that's quite a bit of milking but least i'm getting it for "free."

Edit: by launch do they mean like the standalone version of the MP is up for grabs, or is it that the entire GTA Online literally launch's on October 6th? If it's the second one then that would suck, we would have to wait a few more weeks to play the full game. :/
    MEME FTW!

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie_krunch110 View Post
    Looks like it'll be a huge blast with 15 other players! But if this GTA Online apparently comes "free" with the retail copy, does that mean it's going to be like a standalone dlc? If so then that's quite a bit of milking but least i'm getting it for "free."

Edit: by launch do they mean like the standalone version of the MP is up for grabs, or is it that the entire GTA Online literally launch's on October 6th? If it's the second one then that would suck, we would have to wait a few more weeks to play the full game. :/
    It means the entire GTA Online will launch on October 1st, so you'd have to play Singleplayer for a while

Lvl 9 - Gold

Like I said in the other thread. I think its a smart move NOT to launch MP at same time as the SP because since GTA has a massive singleplayer it will keep all the attention on that for the first 2 weeks

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie_krunch110 View Post

It seems they don't have plans to release a standalone GTA Online, which is weird since they liked to make it very clear that it's like a separate game.

I am EXCITED to see this. I was expecting GTAIV's kind of online with GTAV's gameplay, but instead we got like 5 games in one. Max Payne, Midnight Club, Red Dead, it seems these games are perfectly mixed to make GTAO.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    quite late on the official post since it was out 10 hours ago.

Anyway it looks amazing so what's this replay value 100 hours in SP and 100 more in MP = atleast 200 hours of time in this game!
    Wasn't at home the time it was posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 3 - Bronze

wow that looks excellent. i also expected the online to be roughly the same as gtaIV with a few tweeks but that looks amazing. all seems like it will be worth the wait after all

Chairman of the Board

Looks like I'm going to be putting a lot of time in this game. Looks fantastic, gonna be a blast with friends just doing random stuff.

Gargantua

Looks like I'll be living another life, I can't wait for this game!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I thought they would be simply mixing max payne 3 and red dead redemption style of multiplayer into the GTA stuff but they went a bit further than that.
    My ps4 might be collecting dust after release I think lol.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Nooooo! I was just about to have a life again.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Joyous, beautiful, amazingly fantastical sights on show in that trailer and the articles i've read on it, truly don't believe any game this gen has got me as excited as a kid at Christmas for it's release like GTA V/ Online has. SAMP was fun on PC but always felt like it was empty even with so many people on it. This is looking like the refined, polished, proper version of that experience.
    Even better is the future potential of Online, that it could become a bigger world over time is beyond my dreams for the series.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I'll give the online play a try, it looks really good (saying this I usually don't like online play). GTA IV's online part was terrible for me and ruined my platinum. With the delayed start of GTA V online I hope it means potential trophies there are dlc and not required for platinum. If that's so I will put all my efforts into it. Gave up on GTA IV with the pidgeons after I missed exactly one that I couldn't find and was not motivated to go through all the 200 again because anyway I was unable to get the platinum trophy due to the online part.

Lvl 7 - Gold

YReaaaaaa looks awesome.

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by S-Patty View Post
    Nooooo! I was just about to have a life again.
    Silly dork, lives are for jocks.

Lvl 7 - Gold

So if the online portion of the game is coming to us as a patch, does that mean that, potentially, there won't be online trophies?

Lvl 7 - Gold

nice but I am expecting a lot of online trophies

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    So if the online portion of the game is coming to us as a patch, does that mean that, potentially, there won't be online trophies?
    There will very likely be online trophies but could be in the form of DLC so you won't need it for plat maybe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast