(UPDATED) Konami Confirms Castlevania: Mirrors of Fate HD & Announces Collection

This is a discussion on (UPDATED) Konami Confirms Castlevania: Mirrors of Fate HD & Announces Collection within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Castlevania: Lords of Shadow-Mirrors of Fate is an action-adventure game that is made by MercurySteam . Mirrors of Fate is ...

September MotM 2013

(UPDATED) Konami Confirms Castlevania: Mirrors of Fate HD & Announces Collection

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow-Mirrors of Fate is an action-adventure game that is made by MercurySteam. Mirrors of Fate is also the second game in the Lords of Shadow series. In Mirrors of Fate, players assume the role of Travis Belmont, who is the son of the series protagonist in Gabriel Belmont. In the game Travis is on a mission to avenge the death of his mother, who died at the hands of his father Gabriel, who has now become Dracula.

A couple of days ago it was rumored that there was going to be a Castlevania: Lords of Shadow HD collection for consoles. In the outed rumor was that Mirrors of Fate was getting an HD remake for consoles. Today Konami has confirmed that the once 3DS exclusive will now be making its way to XBLA and PSN via the facebook page for Lords of Shadow. Mirrors of Fate HD will be out on XBLA and PSN on October 29, 2013 in North America and October 31, 2013 inEurope. Konami has also officially confirmed the Lords of Shadow Collection, which includes Mirrors of Fate HD, Lords of Shadow 1 and its 'Reverie' and 'Resurrection' DLC chapters. The Lords of Shadow 2 Demo will also be included. The collection will be releasing on the same day as Mirrors of Fate HD. No price has been revealed.

Source: GamingEverything.
    Last edited by U.M.A._Mailman19; 08-19-2013 at 02:01 PM.

PRO Member

I've never played Castlevania before, this could be the right time.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Why u no release on vita??????
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Lvl 6 - Silver

hell yeah More Castlevania means more Fun Thank you Konami

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

PRO Member

So happy

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    no no no...definitely don't start with this game!!!

I recommend hitting up the PS Store and getting started with the PS One classic, Symphony of the Night. At least then you can appreciate a GREAT castlevania. IF you were to choose a first game to play, at least start with Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 that came out a couple years ago. Then you can really get the feel for this storyline, which breaks away considerably from your traditional vania (but a DAMN good game nonetheless!) Just my 2 cents as I have played every castlevania since they hit stateside with the NES game!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I wanted to follow the story of Gabriel, now I can finally do that.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Then do yourself a favor and DO NOT start with the Lords of Shadow series. Mirrors of Fate is okay but I wouldn't say it's one of the best.
    If you do really wanna start with Castlevania I'd recommend the very first one for the NES. If you want the more open games then Symphony of the Night (PS1 Classic) is probably the best choice. Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow are also pretty good, but they're for Gameboy Advance and DS respectively. I personally really liked Curse of Darkness for PS2 as well.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Kid, not loser

Don't listen to what these guys are saying by going back a few games. You're more than likely not going to play them all. Start with Lords of Shadow, or even this when it comes out. You'll have more fun with these games and not feel that they will be ruined because you simply played the previous games. This series has gotten better from its last few bad iterations the last decade has produced. This new time-line is a great start for beginners to the series and you don't have to sacrifice gameplay or graphics either.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

as far as castlevania goes lords of shadow has a great story, even the dlc too
    the story is already spoiled in the mirror of fate description though

PRO Member

Hope gematsu is right in a November release of Lords of Shadow 2 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD announced - Gematsu

Plats-O'-War!!

So, is it true that the HD Collection's still coming out? If so, then I'll pick that up instead of just getting Mirrors of Fate (since it'll come with the collection).

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    So, is it true that the HD Collection's still coming out? If so, then I'll pick that up instead of just getting Mirrors of Fate (since it'll come with the collection).
    No word on the collection as of yet. Just confirmation on Mirrors of Fate HD . Maybe sometime during Gamescom this week

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by U.M.A._Mailman19 View Post
    No word on the collection as of yet. Just confirmation on Mirrors of Fate HD . Maybe sometime during Gamescom this week
    Sounds good. Thanks for the heads up.

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Would be better if the collection included HD ports of the two PS2 games. Gonna skip this one even though I'm a big Castlevania fan.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by fillabong View Post
    Would be better if the collection included HD ports of the two PS2 games. Gonna skip this one even though I'm a big Castlevania fan.
    I wish that was the case. Having Curse of Darkness on the PS3 would be SICK!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by liquish View Post
    no no no...definitely don't start with this game!!!

I recommend hitting up the PS Store and getting started with the PS One classic, Symphony of the Night. At least then you can appreciate a GREAT castlevania. IF you were to choose a first game to play, at least start with Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 that came out a couple years ago. Then you can really get the feel for this storyline, which breaks away considerably from your traditional vania (but a DAMN good game nonetheless!) Just my 2 cents as I have played every castlevania since they hit stateside with the NES game!
    Lord of Shadows was so bad especially collecting orbs by pressing a button and camera angles was a disaster
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.M.A._Mailman19 View Post
    Actually UMA ad your time of posting this was the Collection already announce - KonamiEU is the place to be

Lvl 6 - Silver

It'll most likely coincide with the release of LoS2 which should be around Nov. Pretty cool I already have all this though (sucks for me).
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Plats-O'-War!!

So glad that the HD collection's coming out. Will be buying that and finishing up LOS1. While getting ready to play LOS2, and finally playing MOF