Borderlands 2 Heading to Vita

This is a discussion on Borderlands 2 Heading to Vita within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; You lucky folks who have a PS Vita will get to play the acclaimed shooting-and-looting mayhem of Borderlands 2 , ...

Death is Awaiting....

Borderlands 2 Heading to Vita

You lucky folks who have a PS Vita will get to play the acclaimed shooting-and-looting mayhem of Borderlands 2, which won more than 55 editorial awards in 2012, you’ll be picking from four uniquely-skilled Vault Hunters – Axton the Commando, Maya the Siren, Salvador the Gunzerker and Zer0 the Assassin – and then gunzerking your way through the world of Pandora in an attempt to defeat the corrupt Hyperion Corporation, led by the notorious Handsome Jack.

PS Vita gives Borderlands 2 fans the ability to play the game anywhere they want, complete with of all the unique benefits of the Vita system, and will truly bring the four-player cooperative experience to the palms of your hands. A new era of portable shoot-and-loot awaits! On behalf of Gearbox, 2K, and Sony, we want to thank the passionate fans for helping make Borderlands 2 on the PS Vita a reality, and we look forward to looting bazillions of guns with you guys on the go.

Borderlands 2 will be shipping on PS Vita in 2014 and will be published by Sony Computer Entertainment. Stay tuned for more information.

Source: Gamespot

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I hope it uses the same trophy list as the PS3 version, not some copy that has to be re-earned.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i just cant see this on the vita. i wish these companies would stop trying to milk more money out of us by bringing the same game to different systems. why not just make an entirely NEW game altogether. i appreciate sony trying to extend the vita library, but now theyre just starting to look extremely lazy, smh.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalicia View Post
    i just cant see this on the vita. i wish these companies would stop trying to milk more money out of us by bringing the same game to different systems. why not just make an entirely NEW game altogether. i appreciate sony trying to extend the vita library, but now theyre just starting to look extremely lazy, smh.

How does bringing something a huge as Borderlands 2 to a handheld seem lazy? It seems like bloody hard work to me. If they pull it off it's going to be amazing. When companies make such things for Vita, it shows others what the handheld is capable of, that is only a good thing for Vita.
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

Lvl 9 - Gold

I just hope framerate is good. I wish they would have included some of the DLC though...If it's a good port I'll most likely buy a Vita.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 1 - Bronze

now i need a vita, i'll keep my eyes out for this!

Platinum Procrastinator

Finally the Vita will have a good FPS game. I also wonder if it will have a separate trophy list or will be cross play.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    How does bringing something a huge as Borderlands 2 to a handheld seem lazy? It seems like bloody hard work to me. If they pull it off it's going to be amazing. When companies make such things for Vita, it shows others what the handheld is capable of, that is only a good thing for Vita.
    I'll second that! It's a good reason to get a Vita. It will be tough to pull off, but if done correctly, this will up Vita's stock considerably. The Vita may struggle to find its own "identity", but this will definitely help.

Amazing Sig and Avy by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Not sure how well this would work, as other PS3 games on the Vita that I've played (Sly 4, NFS: Most Wanted) are fairly watered down graphically. Maybe the stylized graphics won't be as taxing, yet I hope it runs smoothly without the environments looking barren.

Quote Originally Posted by msd997 View Post
    I hope it uses the same trophy list as the PS3 version, not some copy that has to be re-earned.
    I'd rather hope the opposite. If I'm playing it a second time on another device, should get the trophies for that device. Not going to make or break a purchase from me, yet it would be a great incentive for others to double dip.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

September MotM 2013

I have to agree with as well. If Borderlands 2 turns out to be a successful port it may make other companies want to port their games over as well and plus it will sell the console. I mean it has me already wanting it and with the price drop on the console it makes it better

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

100% Grizzly

I'm tired of Vita not having its own games.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel_Bear View Post
    I'm tired of Vita not having its own games.
    ^^^
    thats what im worried about..their ability to pull it off and not cut any corners. im not trying to be a stick in the mud, but im really curious as to how they will bring this game to a handheld without watering anything down, as well as incorporating the vita's features as well. it just seems like a longshot, to me..

Student Gamer Same Diff

if they include any of the dlc then that will be awesome. but it is just the game so im happy
    SEN: Watters_Boi1991
    XBL: WattersBoi1991

Lvl 9 - Gold

After playing my first FPS game on my vita through the KZ mercenaries beta I'm not so sure how I will like borderlands on vita.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This is amazing news! I can't wait to see this

Lvl 7 - Gold

BL2 was awesome but im not really interested in fighting all the bosses on a smaller screen with more noobs lol, should be fun but unless its free I wont be getting it!

PRO Trophy Hunter

Hey, Borderlands fans and trophy hunters, I found out about its release date, it will release on March 18, 2014

From this link;
    Borderlands 2 - PlayStation Vita - IGN

My Checklist - Trophy Hunting Missions [CLICK THIS BANNER] Checklist Updated:

Posted Weekly Report
    8/16/14

My recent games' mission
    logs updated
    8/17/14

Posted My Recent Purchase
    and Reinstate Mission
    8/19/14

PRO Trophy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by msd997 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Finally the Vita will have a good FPS game. I also wonder if it will have a separate trophy list or will be cross play.
    I checked that game's details, it does have cross-save and it might auto-earn any trophies whichever you already earned in PS3 version

My Checklist - Trophy Hunting Missions [CLICK THIS BANNER] Checklist Updated:

Posted Weekly Report
    8/16/14

My recent games' mission
    logs updated
    8/17/14

Posted My Recent Purchase
    and Reinstate Mission
    8/19/14