Need for Speed: Rivals "Racer Personalization Feature" Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on Need for Speed: Rivals "Racer Personalization Feature" Gameplay Video within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Need for Speed: Rivals is the latest game in the Need for Speed series. Need for Speed: Rivals is an ...

September MotM 2013

Need for Speed: Rivals "Racer Personalization Feature" Gameplay Video

Need for Speed: Rivals is the latest game in the Need for Speed series. Need for Speed: Rivals is an open-world racing game that is being made by developer Ghost Games in collaboration with Criterion Games. Ghost Games will also be making the future Need for Speed titles from now on as well. In Rivals, players' can choose to either play as a cop or a racer as they explore and progress through the open-world of Redview County. Players' will progress through the campaign through a new feature that is called All Drive. Players' who have friends playing the game will be introduced into the game without matchmaking lobbies or loading screens as they move through the world.

Today Electronic Arts and Ghost Games have released a new gameplay trailer for their upcoming game, Need for Speed: Rivals. The gameplay trailer that has been released today is all about the Racer Personalization feature in the game. The feature was first detailed by Ghost Games at the EA Gamescom press conference back in August. Need for Speed: Rivals will be out on PS3 in North America and Europe on November 19, 2013 and will also be out on the PS4 at launch, which is November 15, 2013 in North America and November 29, 2013 in Europe.

Source: GamingEverything.

Avy=DARE, Sig=Djung

Finally catching on what people really want in NFS games!!! and why did some of these tracks look like the ones from the run????? I keep flip flopping my mind on this bud this is getting better...Thanks buddy Mailman

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Finally catching on what people really want in NFS games!!! and why did some of these tracks look like the ones from the run????? I keep flip flopping my mind on this bud this is getting better...Thanks buddy Mailman
    Don't mention it

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ok..so im loving the fact that the customization is being brought back to need for speed games. i loved the ps2 n4s games...most wanted, underground, and underground 2. those where great. the last few n4s games, eh..not so great.
    i wishcritterion games or w.e. they r called wasent involved in makes n e more n4s games. they ruined the franchise IMO.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hmmmm Interesting Been a while since there was customisation in a Need For Speed game, I played Underground 2 recently and that game had hardcore customisation!

Platinum Dohvakiin

Customization is finally back in NFS, about damn time. I don't know what Criterion Games were making, but they sure as hell wasn't NFS games. More like Burnout in a NFS shell. As fart as I am concerned Criterion Games should never touch another NFS title.....ever!

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Customization is finally back in NFS, about damn time. I don't know what Criterion Games were making, but they sure as hell wasn't NFS games. More like Burnout in a NFS shell. As fart as I am concerned Criterion Games should never touch another NFS title.....ever!
    They won't be . Ghost Games will be from now on

Rise and Shine.

Finally!! This game keeps looking better and better! Thanks M!

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bvmvye View Post
    Finally!! This game keeps looking better and better! Thanks M!
    No Problem B****...I mean Q

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by zaks View Post
    Hmmmm Interesting Been a while since there was customisation in a Need For Speed game, I played Underground 2 recently and that game had hardcore customisation!
    Indeed, as far as customisation goes NFS Underground 2 was the best game!! Nice video although i didn't see rims, bumpers and spoilers that you can change.. Maybe you can change the colour but can you change all the rest of the car? Lights, audio... Those things would be nice.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Customization in Underground 2 is untouchable. But it is a welcome addition to Rivals. How much you can customize though, is yet to be seen. So far, only paint jobs and stickers. However, I doubt we'd be able to adjust the ride height and other performance settings of Exotic/Super Cars.

Thanks for video Mailman.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrossed View Post
    Customization in Underground 2 is untouchable. But it is a welcome addition to Rivals. How much you can customize though, is yet to be seen. So far, only paint jobs and stickers. However, I doubt we'd be able to adjust the ride height and other performance settings of Exotic/Super Cars.

That is what i want to see in a NFS game. Customisation flat out. Not thousands of stickers and paintjobs.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NTGSruler View Post
    That is what i want to see in a NFS game. Customisation flat out. Not thousands of stickers and paintjobs.
    From what we see in the video, it looks like that's all we're gonna get. Stickers and paint jobs.

September MotM 2013

You are welcome

R.I.P Ellie

Well, slowly heading back in the right direction. As everyone's said, NFS Underground customisation was awesome. I probably spent more time "doing up" cars, than I did actually racing.
    Exactly the same in Forza 4, double the amount of time in the garage than actual racing!

The One and Only

Looks very promising, might actually get this game pre-ordered like the previous two NFS games. Still no body kits or changes to the car's body?

I just hope the soundtrack is better on this one, that's one thing I've seen slipped the past 3 or 4 NFS games.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 7 - Gold

From what we see in the video, it looks like that's all we're gonna get. Stickers and paint jobs.
    Yay for stickers and paintjobs. Now where's the rest?

Lvl 5 - Silver

Thats some good news...better not get too happy because there is no body parts there but at least we'll get performance...this NFS is looking really good...we'll finally have Ferraris and most importantly customization back(or part of it)....oh well better than nothing.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKCITYPIMP124 View Post
    ok..so im loving the fact that the customization is being brought back to need for speed games. i loved the ps2 n4s games...most wanted, underground, and underground 2. those where great. the last few n4s games, eh..not so great.
    i wishcritterion games or w.e. they r called wasent involved in makes n e more n4s games. they ruined the franchise IMO.
    I too agree that Criterion shouldn't make NFS games but not because they suck, because they feel like Burnout trying to be something else. They didn't feel like Need For Speed games. I wish they would go back to Burnout, not whatever they are doing now but hopefully that turns out good too.