Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

South Park: The Stick of Truth Release Date Announced

This is a discussion on South Park: The Stick of Truth Release Date Announced within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; South Park: The Stick of Truth is a new game based on the show on Comedy Central. The game was ...

September MotM 2013

South Park: The Stick of Truth Release Date Announced

South Park: The Stick of Truth is a new game based on the show on Comedy Central. The game was first shown off at last year's E3 during Microsoft's Conference. Since then the game has seen a lot of delays and a new publisher in Ubisoft since the THQ auction. South Park: The Stick of Truth is a role-playing game that is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment. In the game you play as the new kid, who comes to a South Park that is larping. As the new kid you must be the savior to Cartman and the gang as you are the only one who can help them on their quest for the stick of truth.

Today Obsidian Entertainment and Ubisoft have released a new trailer for the game, South Park: The Stick of Truth. The new trailer that was released today show cases more of the game and what the new kids goal is in the game. The trailer also reveals some huge news regarding the game. The huge news that is revealed is the games official release date. South Park: The Stick of Truth will be out on PS3 on December 10, 2013 in North America and December 12, 2013 in Europe. Also revealed by Ubisoft is the Grand Wizard Edition of the game. The grand Wizard Edition is priced at $79.99. People who pre-order the game will get the ultimate fellowship pack.

Grand Wizard Edition:

• South Park: The Stick of Truth Game The full game on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or PC
    • Grand Wizard Kidrobot Cartman Figure Pose the Grand Wizard Cartman and his stick of authority with this six-inch replica figure from Kidrobot. The Grand Wizard Cartman figure is not available in stores and can only be found in the Grand Wizard Edition.
    • Kingdom of South Park Map The entire town of South Park has been charted, plotted, and mapped. Chronicle your own conquests with this one-of-a-kind piece of South Park history.
    • The Stick of Truth Ultimate Fellowship Pack Unlock the ultimate fellowship! Included for free in the Grand Wizard edition.

Source: IGN.

Its plugged into the wall

That's way sooner than I thought it would be, and I'm now a bit concerned about the overall quality of the game. Still gonna buy it.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Gaming since 1985!

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    That's way sooner than I thought it would be, and I'm now a bit concerned about the overall quality of the game. Still gonna buy it.
    ^^^This. I was expecting a March or April release. Kinda scary but at least it can be added to the Christmas wishlist.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quality of the game? Come on it's a cartoon, you can't tell me you have high hopes.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Roo Commander

Good to finally know when it's being released. Definitely pre-ordering this.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax View Post
    Quality of the game? Come on it's a cartoon, you can't tell me you have high hopes.
    now its my turn to say "^^^This"

The Bushiest Pig

My birthday present right here ......
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Carpe Diem

Hopefully it gets a digital release on PS4 around the same time.

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Hopefully it gets a digital release on PS4 around the same time.
    My turn to say "^^^^This!" Im gonna stick to more digital purchases for the PS3 since the PS4 will be the main center of attention. Other than that, this game looks promising. Just like Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V, hopefully the delay will make this game amazing.

PRO Member

Just like Cartman would say, that Cartman figure is sweet.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Why isn't it Xbox360 exclusive?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Worried about the recent release window...hope it turns out better than Family Guy.

At least the figurine is cool. I've always liked Kidrobot's vinyl stuff.
    Last edited by Helyx; 09-26-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This game will be epic. I have been looking forward to another south park game since south park 64. Cant wait, haters gonna hate.

Lvl 8 - Gold

This was originally supposed to be out back in May before THQ went under... why is a December release date "too soon" and cause for alarm? That doesn't make any sense to me. Considering that Metro: LL was only delayed 2 months, I've been more upset by how long this was delayed and have since lost interest in picking it up. When it was supposed to be out before the summer, there was room for me to play it in my gaming schedule. Now, there isn't.
    I may pick it up sometime next year after a price drop, but it's current release right before Christmas has placed it in a very crowded game arena.

In my honest opinion, knowing it's by Obsidian should be more of a cause for concern than its release date. Their track record is spotty, at best.

News Team

Kickass.

Toggle Spoiler

O_o

Seems really late for a release date. We'll just have to see how this pans out.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Good to finally know when it's being released. Definitely pre-ordering this.
    Same cant wait
    Daniel Kelly

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Been looking forward to this for quite some time.

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

Its plugged into the wall

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    This was originally supposed to be out back in May before THQ went under... why is a December release date "too soon" and cause for alarm? That doesn't make any sense to me. Considering that Metro: LL was only delayed 2 months, I've been more upset by how long this was delayed and have since lost interest in picking it up. When it was supposed to be out before the summer, there was room for me to play it in my gaming schedule. Now, there isn't.
    I may pick it up sometime next year after a price drop, but it's current release right before Christmas has placed it in a very crowded game arena.

In my honest opinion, knowing it's by Obsidian should be more of a cause for concern than its release date. Their track record is spotty, at best.
    It's because it got delayed by THQ's downfall that I'm concerned. It's backing and forthing on getting released and not getting released. In a course of 6 months Obsidian has to pick up the game, make those adjustment fitted for their stylings, understand and revoke the programming, finishing the game, play testing, marketing, go through all of that legal bullshit and probably a lot of other things, which I don't see as realistic.

And to be honest.... I don't see how it's made by Obsidian is ruining it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax View Post
    Of course I can. Just because it's based on a cartoon doesn't mean the quality of the game can't be good. The writers behind South Park has put a lot of effort into it. What we've been promised is a funny RPG-ish parody adventure, and hope they deliver.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

The Playboy Wikipedia

Haha I can already get that Cartman figure, except it's a lot smaller. I can also get the other figures as well. Anyway, it's good to see that they've finally given us a date. I may pick this up. Never been an RPG fan, but it's South Park so I'm conflicted right now.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast