Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Watch_Dogs & The Crew Delayed

This is a discussion on Watch_Dogs & The Crew Delayed within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Watch_Dogs is Ubisoft's new IP and a next-gen title. In Watch_Dogs you play as Aiden Pearce as he uses his ...

September MotM 2013

Watch_Dogs & The Crew Delayed

Watch_Dogs is Ubisoft's new IP and a next-gen title. In Watch_Dogs you play as Aiden Pearce as he uses his smart phone to hack objects to get out of sticky situations through out the game. As Aiden Pearce, players must do what ever they can to accomplish their goal in the game. The Crew, which another new IP from Ubisoft is an open world racing game that was announced by Ubisoft at E3 this year.

Today Ubisoft has big news regarding two of their next-gen IPs. The news they have announced today is that Watch_Dogs and The Crew have been delayed. Ubisoft has revealed that both of the games have been delayed to Spring 2014. Watch_Dogs was originally a PS4 launch title and was supposed to release on the PS3 on November 19, 2013 in NA and November 22, 2013 in EU. The Crew however never had its release date announced.

Ubisofts Statement:

"Our ambition from the start with Watch Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until spring 2014.
    We know a lot of you are probably wondering: Why now? We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune each detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.
    We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion keeps us motivated.
    We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it."
    Source: IGN.

Let Me Watch

So what happens to my PS4 Watch_Dogs bundle pre-order? A delay this late is ridiculous.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

"A favor for a favor, this d*ck is what I gave her"

PRO Member

This is disappointing to say the least

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    So what happens to my PS4 Watch_Dogs bundle pre-order? A delay this late is ridiculous.
    I'm in the same boat, looks like it will be delayed too. I hope Amazon lets me switch bundles or something.

Plats-O'-War!!

It's fine by me. Gives them more time to polish it up, and gives me more time to pay off my pre-order in full.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Well... this sucks, though I guess I should be happy they are taking the time to have it more polished. Why wait a month before Watch Dogs is coming out though? It sounds like Ubisoft was struggling with this decision for awhile... Maybe they should have announced this delay a lot earlier and they might have been able to avoid the horde of angry fans that will be coming their way.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Platinum Dohvakiin

You delay a game a month to finish 'polishing' it up. You delay one for this long and the game has some serious issues going on. Spring is 6 months away from now. And if they had to delay a game THAT long, it's not because it has a few quirks or bugs to be worked out. Whatever is wrong with either of them, is pretty damn serious.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Lvl 8 - Gold

I knew it. From what I seen, the game offered nothing outside the hacking for a sandbox game. Still sucks though, I was looking forward to it.

Avy=DARE, Sig=Djung

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Thats funny man. sorry and you should contact your seller and see whats up

PRO Member

what the hell, spring?. Good thing I'm not interested in any of these two games...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Sony working with Ubisoft to manage Watch Dogs PS4 bundle pre-orders - Watch Dogs for PS4 News

Sony has said that it is working with Ubisoft and its retail partners while it considers how best to handle pre-orders placed for the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle.

In a statement provided to VideoGamer.com in response to Watch Dogs' delay this evening, SCEE said:

"Obviously this is [a] very recent announcement, but we will be working very closely both with Ubisoft and with our partners at retail to manage this situation."

The platform holder did not say whether it would be working with Ubisoft to replace Watch Dogs with an alternate Ubisoft title or if it would be pulling the bundle SKU altogether.

The Watch Dogs PS4 bundle was announced alongside three other official bundles earlier this month, which bundled a copy of the game in with the console.

Carpe Diem

The game seemed to look worse as time went on. wanky news for those with the bundle and those that got a PS4 for release as a result of people moving to bundles and freeing up stock

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Lvl 7 - Gold

this is fine by me. i got plenty of other games pre-ordered for the ps4.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Watch Dogs is the only game i preordered with my ps4. This is wayyy too late to be doing this.

Feel bad for the WD bundle people, maybe they'll get something cool out of it though, just hope they dont get screwed.

Now I have to look into another game...

Avy by DaRe_xLw Ta-Ta Bar by Beam

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Man I have to change my pre order

PRO Member

Just gives me more time to play other games I already own, and will own once the PS4 does launch.

No one needs a new IP to flop, so they can go ahead and make it as great as it needs to be.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ooga View Post
    Watch Dogs is the only game i preordered with my ps4. This is wayyy too late to be doing this.
    Feel bad for the WD bundle people, maybe they'll get something cool out of it though, just hope they dont get screwed.
    Now I have to look into another game...
    Me too...
    I only have Watch Dogs preordered for the PS4 as well and none of the other Launch Titles really appeal to me considering I'm getting tired of the same repeating titles and First Person Shooters.. where with Watch Dogs, it was different which peaked my interest right away. Now I feel like I have to settle for something else till Watch Dogs and the other Spring releases come out

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well I'm sad that it got delayed since I have it preordered for ps4 and was hoping to play it on launch. I am however also glad that they delay it instead of releasing a buggy game that requires a lot of patches to even be playable.

Lvl 6 - Silver

This is surprising i didn't believe it when i first heard it but a delay this late can only mean something came up and Ubisoft is caring enough not to release a half finished game and will take it's time repairing the issue a delay is always good Take Bioshock Infinite then again their's Aliens colonial marines, hope both games turn out good eventually

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Crap, and I pre-ordered the Watch Dogs bundle from Gamestop. I hope they will let me switch to the ACIV bundle instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast