Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forza 4 vs Gran Turismo 5

This is a discussion on Forza 4 vs Gran Turismo 5 within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; The much heated debate on which is the better racer is still ongoing with PS3 and XBOX 360. Gametrailers.com has ...

Kronicles of Kup

Forza 4 vs Gran Turismo 5

The much heated debate on which is the better racer is still ongoing with PS3 and XBOX 360. Gametrailers.com has released a side by side game footage of both games.

You be the judge on which game is better?

Source: N4G, Gametrailers

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That must be the crappiest comparison ever, it looks like it was done on two completely different TVs with completely different settings....not to mention compering standard (unfortunately) Veyron in GT5 to high poly one in Forza....out of all cars available, why Veyron?
    Clearly somebody doing this clip was bias.

Toggle Spoiler

Revelations 19:16

Im not a fan of the xbox, but i have played Forza with a friend and i must say its not bad, i enjoyed it. However, comparing the 2 next to each other i'd still take GT!
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator_PTR View Post
    That must be the crappiest comparison ever, it looks like it was done on two completely different TVs with completely different settings....not to mention compering standard (unfortunately) Veyron in GT5 to high poly one in Forza....out of all cars available, why Veyron?
    Without a doubt, what a useless prat.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator_PTR View Post
    As it is one of the flaws of GT5 like you mentioned. The Forza looked like he had all the brightness settings to max, and GT down to the low. Fan Boy Forza? Compare the X201.....
    Last edited by RedBullLordy; 10-13-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Not an xbox fan, but ill be honest n say im abit dissappointed with GT5, i think mainly as it took so long to come out and when it did, it doesnt feel as good as the time wait we all had
    Currently Working on: FIFA10 & 11, NFS Undercover, Uncharted 2 & 3, ACBrotherhood

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by geordielad82uk View Post
    Not an xbox fan, but ill be honest n say im abit dissappointed with GT5, i think mainly as it took so long to come out and when it did, it doesnt feel as good as the time wait we all had
    EXACTLY! I have the Forza 4 demo, and it's good, but I'd still say that graphically GT5 wins. Gameplay..... Never mind. I'll be labeled a troll since I'm on a PS3 site. I'll leave that alone. lol Wait, no I won't. Forza 3 was better than GT5, so IF Forza 4 is to be better than 3, then you can imagine.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by HOOS13R__DADDY View Post
    EXACTLY! I have the Forza 4 demo, and it's good, but I'd still say that graphically GT5 wins. Gameplay..... Never mind. I'll be labeled a troll since I'm on a PS3 site. I'll leave that alone. lol Wait, no I won't. Forza 3 was better than GT5, so IF Forza 4 is to be better than 3, then you can imagine.
    Labelled a troll? I'll label you a bell end pal how about that? GT5 is the don

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Forza 3 was better then GT5 lol.......So if Forza 4 is better then 3 its pretty obvious that its better. Gt5 was a major disappointment for me

Lvl 4 - Silver

very sorry but i say forza it looks cool, gt5 it's completely horrible in some aspects. but i don't own a xbox and i don't like anything about the xbox soo...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Lavaman View Post
    Labelled a troll? I'll label you a bell end pal how about that? GT5 is the don
    Now now, I know he has an opinion and some find that offensive but chill.

Oh and yeah, I haven't played forza 4 yet but I did play forza 3 a lot and to me that was better than GT5, so it goes without saying that forza 4 will be slightly better.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think they are two amazing games, each one has its pros but GT5 still winning \o/

Ghost Assassin

Forza 4, in my Opinion looks way too cartoonish. Now, that may be partly because of the dumbass who set up the tv's, so I can't really say. They have to compare the two with optimal settings for each game, otherwise the video is useless.

Lvl 7 - Gold

i have forza 4. and, i dont like it at all. forza 3 is much better. but, gt5 is better than both of those 2 games.

R.I.P Ellie

If they were both on PS3, I'd have Forza. As Forza 3 seems better than GT5

illegal in 9 countries

I've played hundreds of hours of GT5 and a scant hour or so of F3 (not F4) so it's not a fair comparison, but here's my initial thoughts.

What Forza 3 lacks in detailed car modelling and physics (which no doubt is improved in F4), they make up for with better gameplay, racing, damage modelling, lighting, surface textures and trackside environments. It feels more like a less-arcadey version of Ridge Racer than true-to-life racing sim, but I'm yet to try it with a steering wheel.

Conversely, GT5 cars look and handle great and the track design is superb, but the bot AI is shoddy, there's almost no damage modelling, the track-side environments are circa PS2-era and they're only now adding mid-race saves, car setup saves etc... stuff that should have been included when the game was released almost a year ago.

GT5 is definitely more of a car sim, Forza is more of an arcade racer / sim hybrid. Forza has a very nice rewind feature that lets you replay the few seconds before an accident which would be a great addition to GT5...if only you needed it. The problem with GT5 is you're always so far ahead of the competition in single-player it becomes an incredibly dull & dated racing experience.

That said, GT5 for me is the better game, based on the driving experience alone. But as soon as you add other cars to the track, it shows it age and lacks the full gamete of features you'll find in more modern racers.

Do yourself a favour - instead of bagging one or the other based on no other reason that fanboyism, get both consoles and give both games a go.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 9 - Gold

isnt forza for xbox. never played forza so i guess gta ill vote for

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

i think they both are boring..im not into racing simulation...i like that exaggerated racing action like blur
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

An old-fashioned cowboy

Who cares which looks better graphic wise cause honestly that comparison made both games look boring.

Banned

all i can say is, that video was truley terrible, and im not making a decision because of that, but, out of other (alot better) comparisons i have seen, GT comes out on top

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast