Thief 101 Trailer Teaches You Everything You Need to Know

This is a discussion on Thief 101 Trailer Teaches You Everything You Need to Know within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Thief is back with Eidos Montreal making the upcoming reboot of the series.Thief was revealed in March 2013 when GameInformer ...

September MotM 2013

Thief 101 Trailer Teaches You Everything You Need to Know

Thief is back with Eidos Montreal making the upcoming reboot of the series.Thief was revealed in March 2013 when GameInformer first revealed the game on it's March cover. In Thief you will play as the series main protagonist in Garrett, who is a master thief that intends to steal from the rich. Garrett being the thief that he is returns to the games setting, which is only known as "The City." He returns to see that it is ruled by a tyrant called The Baron. While it is also run by a tyrant, the city is infested by a plague and the rich continue to live in good fortune, which is something Garrett plans to exploit, so it can be in his favor.

Today Eidos Montreal has released a new trailer for their game, Thief. In the trailer you will learn everything you need to know about Thief when it releases for the PS3 and PS4. Thief has officially gone gold for all consoles. Garrett will lurk in the shadows on PS3 and PS4 on February 25, 2014 in North America and February 28, 2014 in Europe.

Source: PS Blog.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Damn I can't resist from getting this game on day one. Last time I played thief was in 2004 on the Xbox. I hope this would be another great awesome adventure

Lvl 6 - Silver

Sure thing i will get this...

Get bent...

Oh look! Dishonored 2.....

Still getting it though. I liked Dishonored.

O_o

-Casually adds to wishlist-

Sold.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

So stealing this game on February 25. Also I like how there is very sick kinda mutant looking people in the game also
    Daniel Kelly

INTJ

A thief trailer involving tons of murders and a "predator" playstyle.

aka how to ruin the thief franchise.

the whole game is built around stealth and hiding, Giving you a way to combat people outside the limited things you got when your detected is fucking stupid.

The whole "Riches room" you get is a complete tone change compared to the old thief where you just stole shit because you needed to pay to live somewhere.

also:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how.../1100-6417237/

After five hours, the plot doesn't get much better. Third-person cut-scenes constantly break your perspective and work against the sense of immersion Eidos Montreal is adamant it is working hard to instill. Excruciating dialog from Garrett, such as when he visits the game's signature horror level and wonders aloud, "Is it the asylum that's haunted, or me?" doesn't help. I can't yet see what Eidos Montreal is going for. Cantin tells us that this Thief tells a "more mature" story, but the only evidence of that so far has been characters using actual profanity instead of "taffer," along with a nudity-heavy mission in a whorehouse.
    Overly snarky, predictably reckless, and thoroughly unlikable, Erin gets herself fridged--killed off to fuel Garrett's angst--by gate-crashing a weird summoning ritual tended to by old people in robes, whilst Garrett hits his head trying to save her and winds up with amnesia.
    The developer has put significant effort into making the act of fleeing from the guards tense and thrilling through the use of dramatic music and fantastic first-person camera work--until you stop dead in your tracks because a box or small brick wall cannot be scaled. It makes me desperately miss having a jump button.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/29/th...esome-shadow/2

A torch-bearing guard stood directly below, but I ignored the large prompt on the screen that urged me to use Garrett's takedown move.
    The guard moved away, and I moved forward to exit the vent—except I couldn't.
    Having missed my window for landing on the guard's head, I apparently was blocked from progressing forward, since I actually couldn't manually jump down no matter how many different key combinations I hit.
    this game is going to be bad. save your 60$ and get a better one. Actually, Just buy the old thief games if you want a good thief game. 19$ instead of paying 60$ and get three games that will be better.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    Oh look! Dishonored 2.....

Still getting it though. I liked Dishonored.
    this!! I don't think ill get this as I don't really like the era that these games are in and stealth is kinda boring (not always tho) even if you don't have to be the game recommends it. and looks like a carbon copy of dishonoured (without bioshock powers, replaced by green arrows arsenal!)