Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry Standalone Edition Announced

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry Standalone Edition Announced within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Freedom Cry is Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flags main story DLC that released back in December. In the story DLC ...

September MotM 2013

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry Standalone Edition Announced

Freedom Cry is Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flags main story DLC that released back in December. In the story DLC you stepped into the shoes of Edward's first mate Adewale. The DLC offered up a new perspective on the game from Adewale's point of view. The DLC is apart of the Season Pass.

Today Ubisoft has revealed that they are going to release a standalone version of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flags DLC, which is titled Freedom Cry. The standalone version will be releasing on February 18, 2014 in North America and February 19, 2014 in Europe. You will not need to own Assassin's Creed 4 to play the DLC. It will be priced at $15.

Source: PS Blog.

PRO Member

What!? Stop ubisoft, just stop.

Yes, it was fun DLC but come on.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Get bent...

I always thought Adewale should have his own game.

This is NOT what I meant....

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Really not worth it. It's decent, but it lacks a lot when compared to AC4's main game. The PS exclusive Aveline DLC was much better even though it was less than an hour long.

PRO Member

Ubisoft: Aveline DLC is coming as Standalone

ToQ Rokugou

so if I understand this right this is just the dlc being made into a seprate title??? whats the point of that I could see doing AC3 dlc into a seprate title but this??? I guess I need to play this dlc to see whats so special bout this

Lvl 7 - Gold

$15 for a very very short DLC? C'mon, Ubisoft, quit being like EA and Activision!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

waste of time if you ask me
    if you got the season pass youll get more for your buck imo
    i have yet to play story mode so im not sure if adewale is even a true assassin
    hell i dont even know if edward is either
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

this milking cow is starting to look like a dead horse, I think this is a bit too much.

PRO Member

Not sure who the target audience is for this. If you have ACIV, this dlc is only $10. So this is for people who don't who don't have the game but want to play this? What's the point? I guess it costs them nothing to do this and it's easy trophies so maybe they'll sell a few. I'd be curious to see how many copies they actually sell.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This is pretty strange...will this have the same trophy list? I'm assuming the only thing that will be different will be it will have its own icon and trophy list like any other title; I just want to see if they are going to do a different list like what was done with Liberation HD.

PRO Member

Its honestly useless i would rather have the season pass thats what $20 so you get all that dlc onto the game you already have this is a useless thing for ubisoft.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This works out great for me. I got Black Flag on PS3 and never played this DLC. Now I can get it on my PS4 and I don't have to buy the main game again.

True Templar

Yea i got this one. Haven't gotten Black Flag yet. Will get ps4 in a few month and will play Black Flag then.

Now I have this to play in between .

I could be mistaken, but looks like there are more trophies in the standalone than the original dlc.

Assassin's Creed II - Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD - Heavy Rain - L.A. Noire -
    Red Dead Redemption

Working On:
    Assassin's Creed III & Revelations, Little Big Planet 2 & Karting, The Adventures of Tintin, Beyond Two Sous.