M! Gives Dark Souls II a 90%

This is a discussion on M! Gives Dark Souls II a 90% within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; German gaming magazine M! has apparently already reviewed the highly-anticipated RPG from developer From Software, Dark Souls II , and ...

KCCO!

M! Gives Dark Souls II a 90%

German gaming magazine M! has apparently already reviewed the highly-anticipated RPG from developer From Software, Dark Souls II, and the magazine has given the game a score of 90%.
    []

[]
    The write-up describes Dark Souls II as “The hardest Action-RPG in the world. More convenient, gorgeous and extensive.”
    []

[]
    As a point of reference, M! rated Demon's Souls at an 82% and Dark Souls at an 81%. So, if these scores are any true indication of what the quality of the games are like, then Souls fans are definitely in for a treat come March 11 (March 14 for EU ).

Source: vg247
    Last edited by Vettes; 02-27-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Death is Awaiting....

Can't wait!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 4 - Silver

Demon Soul has no cheap bosses, but there are cheap ones in Dark Souls. So I truly hope there aren't any in this one.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DEATH775 View Post
    Demon Soul has no cheap bosses, but there are cheap ones in Dark Souls. So I truly hope there aren't any in this one.
    Did you not face the maneaters? Those are by far my least favourite boss in the series so far.
    Can't wait for dark souls 2 anyway. Game is looking amazing

PRO Member

Bring it!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    Did you not face the maneaters? Those are by far my least favourite boss in the series so far.
    Can't wait for dark souls 2 anyway. Game is looking amazing
    Was about to say the same thing .) Maneaters were horribly random at times, very tough to predict even after killing them many many times. Dark Souls II can only be fantastic and any other adjective you'd like to use to describe it, both good and bad is what makes it what it is. Be very surprised if it disappoints!

aka.Chief

Quote Originally Posted by DEATH775 View Post
    i remember there was a boss where you can bow and arrow him through the fog gate and not face him upfront.. demon souls and dark souls had there balanced out 50/50 cheap bosses.

also there was a boss where you had to use this divine wind type two handed sword to kill a flying stingray in 4 hits..

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-LEADER View Post
    i remember there was a boss where you can bow and arrow him through the fog gate and not face him upfront.. demon souls and dark souls had there balanced out 50/50 cheap bosses.

also there was a boss where you had to use this divine wind type two handed sword to kill a flying stingray in 4 hits..
    The fog boss is the maneaters. You could kill one of them before the actual boss fight.

The stingray is Storm King and the sword was Storn Ruler.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Huge fan of the Souls games but an article in GI a couple months ago has me hesitant about Dark Souls 2. Mostly because of the further changes being made in multiplayer. Dark Souls changed the MP for the worse in my opinion. Not once ever did I successfully summon a friend and play in some organized co-op in Dark Souls. Now I hear invading can be done in both body and soul play... which doesn't sound fun at all. If an invader can enter you game at any time then enemies should be hostile to them for some balance. I'm sure everyone who played Dark Souls had to endure invaders entering your game and camping out in the chamber right before Orenstein & Smaug over and over and how bad that sucked. A difficult game... I can live with. Even borderline cheap... I can live with. Difficult, cheap, and infuriating MP when a perfect design existed in the 1st game... nope.

PRO Member

Been so long sins a read anything about dark souls changes, but invading in hallow form also! may make this a bitch, but if you keep innvading your sin lvl will rise and make your health bar drop to 10% They made some changes to the servers. Anyone who played alot pvp in dark souls know about the cheap back stabb due to lagg. Let's hope the new servers will delete that problem.
    Last edited by Øl_brilla; 02-21-2014 at 05:55 AM.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Not once ever did I successfully summon a friend and play in some organized co-op in Dark Souls.
    I wonder why people keep saying this. Even to this day I can manage to successfully connect with other players.

Now I hear invading can be done in both body and soul play... which doesn't sound fun at all. If an invader can enter you game at any time then enemies should be hostile to them for some balance. I'm sure everyone who played Dark Souls had to endure invaders entering your game and camping out in the chamber right before Orenstein & Smaug over and over and how bad that sucked. A difficult game... I can live with. Even borderline cheap... I can live with. Difficult, cheap, and infuriating MP when a perfect design existed in the 1st game... nope.
    I've been pretty vocal about my hate for the invasion game mechanic, so I agree with you. I'll definitely be playing "offline" for a bit while I learn the game, unless someone's offering or wants help with a particular boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Øl_brilla View Post
    but if you keep innvading your sin lvl will rise and make your health bar drop to 10%
    This is the only redeeming/balancing factor about the invasions.

Lvl 4 - Silver

The latest GameInformer states that character creation is severely lacking in DS2. Don't take it from me, I've never played any of them.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    This is the only redeeming/balancing factor about the invasions.
    Not sure I'd call a 10% drop in health being balanced with having essentially every monster on the map as an ally. Invading has always felt cheap to me because of the way it can be exploited. Demons souls and Dark Souls both had areas that were infamous for being havens for invaders because an intruder had such a major advantage in those areas, being down a sliver of your health wouldn't have changed anything in either of those games and I doubt it will in Dark Souls 2 either. The one thing that I would say completely redeemed it was the ability to avoid it completely if you chose to. Having 2 allies to help partly balanced it as well but from what I hear there's a time limit on summons now too (whoopdie freakin' doo).

I just don't understand why they felt the need to take such a great formula and butt-rape it to the point of being borderline broken. They've gone from difficult-but-fair in Demon Souls to cheapish-but-still-mostly-enjoyable in Dark Souls to all out prepare-your-anus-cheap-and-pointless in Dark Souls 2.

KCCO!

Not sure I'd call a 10% drop in health being balanced with having essentially every monster on the map as an ally. Invading has always felt cheap to me because of the way it can be exploited. Demons souls and Dark Souls both had areas that were infamous for being havens for invaders because an intruder had such a major advantage in those areas, being down a sliver of your health wouldn't have changed anything in either of those games and I doubt it will in Dark Souls 2 either. The one thing that I would say completely redeemed it was the ability to avoid it completely if you chose to. Having 2 allies to help partly balanced it as well but from what I hear there's a time limit on summons now too (whoopdie freakin' doo).

I just don't understand why they felt the need to take such a great formula and butt-rape it to the point of being borderline broken. They've gone from difficult-but-fair in Demon Souls to cheapish-but-still-mostly-enjoyable in Dark Souls to all out prepare-your-anus-cheap-and-pointless in Dark Souls 2.
    I didn't necessarily mean it was a fully-balanced mechanism. I merely meant that it's the only thing that's in favor of the invadee. It adds a cost (albeit small) to the invader for each invasion. In previous Souls games, there was no such cost/risk to the invader. I agree with you; I still don't like the ad hoc invasion game mechanic. I think it should be left to PvP arenas like the Artorias DLC. I know there are others that disagree and think that it's an integral part of the game, but honestly, I enjoy the Souls games just fine with out the bullshit invasions. Also, it makes it difficult to even want to coop sometimes cause you don't want to have to dealw ith the headache of getting invaded every 5 minutes.

PRO Member

Not sure I'd call a 10% drop in health being balanced with having essentially every monster on the map as an ally.
    I think you miss understood me. The life will drop to 50% and as low as 10% if you already have died alot before you invade. Due to that your lif will slightly decrease if you die. So the lowest hp you can have is 10%.
    Last edited by Øl_brilla; 03-03-2014 at 05:25 AM.

PRO Member

OH and another thing! The more you invade the more you get invaded. It's a new balance thing they are trying out. So if you dont want to do any pvp while you gather your platinum or general! Stay away from invading you should be left alone.