UPDATE: Horror Title, Daylight, Coming to PS4 in April

This is a discussion on UPDATE: Horror Title, Daylight, Coming to PS4 in April within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; If you're a fan of heart-pounding, suspenseful horror games à la Outlast, then coming in April, PS4 owners can look ...

KCCO!

UPDATE: Horror Title, Daylight, Coming to PS4 in April

If you're a fan of heart-pounding, suspenseful horror games à la Outlast, then coming in April, PS4 owners can look forward to a new horror game in the form of Daylight, developed by Zombie Studios.

In Daylight, you take on the role of Sarah Gwynn, as you trek your way through an abandoned hospital trying to escape and find your way home. What's more, Daylight makes use of procedurally generated play to keep gameplay fresh and dynamic. Like with Outlast, the player has no weapons in Daylight, so obviously, combat won't be your friend. Furthermore, contrary to what the title may lead you to believe, light, of any form, is not something that you'll be able to rely on.

Levels and scares change for each player, meaning that no two sessions will be identical. And no player will know exactly when that foreboding whisper will turn into a howling spectre hungry for Sarah’s life.
    Lastly, the devs really want to push live streaming with Daylight. Supposedly, the game will be able to offer both streamers and audiences a unique, interactive experience that has the potential to be entertaining for everyone.

Streaming has been a huge boon to the PS4 community, and the devs want Daylight to have an involved relationship with livestreams. The hope is to allow viewers to control the actual scares in a streamer’s experience, providing a much more interactive dynamic between player and audience. This new form of communal play has been showered with attention recently thanks to the Twitch community streaming a classic RPG as a group.
    Source: Exophase, PS Blog.

UPDATE:

A specific date of April 8, 2014 has been announced.

Additionally, Zombie Studios has provided some additional information with regard to the game's content.

RealD 3D – The PlayStation 4 and PC version of Daylight will be fully 3D compatible out of the box! 3D-enabled TVs and monitors will bring the scares, jumps and all other things that haunt the Mid Island area to life in a very tangible way. RealD is the same technology they use in movie theaters for 3D movies and excels at giving the game terrific depth-of-field. Catching an overhead light flicker down an incredibly long corridor is one of the more chilling 3D applications…until you come across a spirit, that is. If you have the means, we highly recommend giving this mode a try. Oh, and here’s a casual reminder that Daylight is also compatible with the Oculus VR, for those brave enough…

PS4 Multimedia Integration – This is a very cool feature that we’re super stoked about. It’s no secret that Daylight is extremely friendly for the PS4′s “Share” button (ditto, PC streaming). The tinkerers at Zombie Studios found a way to use Twitch chat to cue in-game events. The example we’ve been tossing around (and is in no way final) is that someone watching a stream types the word “Meow” into the chat, which causes the game to make a corresponding sound of a cat. So yes. You can literally scare your friends now by watching them stream. There are two caveats to this:

1. They’re all on timers, so you can’t spam them. That would be ridiculous.
    2. We’re not going to tell you the full list of words. You’re going to have to find them through experimentation.

New Area – The Prison – The Prison area unlocks after players find their way out of Dr. Mercer’s office. The hospital doors are replaced with iron bars, nurses’ stations replaced with guard checkpoints, and the prison is punctuated with a lurking 3-story stack of prison cells. Remnants players will find in this area are notes from prisoners to each other, guard logs about various altercations, and even a few cover-ups of impropriety. The spirits players begin to encounter in the prison are the first ones in the game that start to get aggressive. Staying safe in the prisons will require being able to quickly and efficiently navigate the prison block, but the tight corridors and guard rooms will put players to the test.

New Area – The Forest – One of the later levels in Daylight is the Forest. After players traverse through the Prison and the Sewers, they will find themselves outdoors in a big open area, lit only by the trusty mobile phone light and the faint glow of a sallow moon. Despite being a giant open area of scrub land and swamps, the Forest still has the same procedurally generated environments as the rest of Daylight. Several notable landmarks will be randomly generated in the open world. The random landmarks will also contain the location of the remnants to find, but only the bravest players will live long enough to see what kind of horrors the forest holds (the shack full of nooses is a personal favorite of mine).
    You can also follow the link below for some screenshots of the new areas.

Source: vg247
    Last edited by Hitman; 02-21-2014 at 07:19 AM.

PRO Trophy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    In Daylight, you take on the role of Sarah Gwynn, as you trek your way through an abandoned hospital trying to escape and find your way home. What's more, Daylight makes use of procedurally generated play to keep gameplay fresh and dynamic. Like with Outlast, the player has no weapons in Daylight, so obviously, combat won't be your friend. Furthermore, contrary to what the title may lead you to believe, light, of any form, is not something that you'll be able to rely on.
    Dang, that game seems hard, these paragraphs seem to remind me of Silent Hill and Siren: Blood Curse games

My Checklist - Trophy Hunting Missions [CLICK THIS BANNER] Checklist Updated:
    Posted Mission Failed
    8/24/14

Posted New Mission
    and Weeky Report
    8/31/14

Posted My Recent Purchase
    and Weeky Report
    9/6/14

Lvl 4 - Silver

i hope this will be as fun as outlast

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_poetry View Post
    i hope this will be as fun as outlast
    It actually sounds a lot like Outlast.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It actually sounds a lot like Outlast.
    Ya it does except no psycho patients are running after you. Can't wait for April lots of good games coming out In that month
    Daniel Kelly

aka.Chief

i might give this daylight game a try. havent played a horror type game since nightmare on elm st on NES. long time coming

PRO Trophy Hunter

If you're a fan of heart-pounding, suspenseful horror games à la Outlast, then coming in April, PS4 owners can look forward to a new horror game in the form of Daylight, developed by Zombie Studio.
    I found out about its release date, it is April 8, 2014

Source: IGN.com
    Daylight - PlayStation 4 - IGN

My Checklist - Trophy Hunting Missions [CLICK THIS BANNER] Checklist Updated:
    Posted Mission Failed
    8/24/14

Posted New Mission
    and Weeky Report
    8/31/14

Posted My Recent Purchase
    and Weeky Report
    9/6/14

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    I found out about its release date, it is April 8, 2014

Source: IGN.com
    Daylight - PlayStation 4 - IGN
    Thanks, Abel.

Updated the OP with the release date as well as additional information.

Change is good

I remember hearing about this early last year, I think just a tech demo was released, then I heard nothing after. I even forgot the name of it.

Good shit though, if I wasn't such a pussy and had a PS4 I'd pick this up.

Let Me Watch

3D Horror Haven't used the 3D on my TV in forever.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

"Got more soul than a sock with a hole"

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I'm all for more of this kind of horror game on console, nice additions with the streaming and the special words, that's doing socially interactive gaming the right way.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Last time i played a horror in 3D was House of the Dead: Overkill on PS3...

But this will be a lot scarier without a shotgun and better graphics.

Although i might be getting to old for this, Outlast got me shitting my pants...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

just got a little freaked out when i saw this video... but really looking forward to it

Daylight Trailer (PS4) - YouTube

PRO Member

If I was into scary stuff I'd be excited, the game looks great but it's not for me.