Uncharted Writer Amy Hennig Leaves Naughty Dog

This is a discussion on Uncharted Writer Amy Hennig Leaves Naughty Dog within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; The PS3 generation saw one of Sony's best developers create a series that has become the face of PlayStation. Naughty ...

News Team

Uncharted Writer Amy Hennig Leaves Naughty Dog

The PS3 generation saw one of Sony's best developers create a series that has become the face of PlayStation. Naughty Dog's new franchise about a snarky treasure hunter featured great visuals, crisp gameplay, and world class writing. The last of which would've been very different without head writer Amy Hennig.

Now it appears that the future of Uncharted (as we know it) may be in doubt. Today insiders at Naughty Dog stated that Amy Hennig had left the studio after being "forced out" by the duo that created The Last of Us: Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann. Sony has verified the claim, first thanking Hennig for her contributions, and following with assurance that "Uncharted PS4's development will not be impacted".

Source: IGN

Plats-O'-War!!

It probably won't be the same anymore.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

they will make uncharted story turn into the last of us
    and we will be sad

but hey im still buying it lol

sad news to hear they forced her out
    next thing thyell say nolan north will not be voicing drake anymore
    i will quit it soon after
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

We will just have to wait and see. But I'm sure they will put someone in charge who knows what he or she is doing.
    We are talking about one of the biggest franchises on PS3 here.

Working on: The next platinum trophy!

Word is Bond

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    It probably won't be the same anymore.
    I think that's the point.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Today insiders at Naughty Dog stated that Amy Hennig had left the studio after being "forced out" by the duo that created The Last of Us: Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann
    I'm sorry but what the flying f&ck? Who do these guys think they are? I mean don't get me wrong The Last Of Us is a good game, but is no where near Uncharted. And why the hell where they allowed to "force" somebody out of ND? Amy writing has been vital for the Uncharted franchise and now with no apparent reason she get's kicked off?
    Awesome Sig By Apokolypz

INTJ

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

Sad to hear that she was "forced out"

Those dudes sound like jerks. I'm sure she won't have any trouble finding another great opportunity though.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

INTJ

Amy Hennig Leaves Naughty Dog

It's a shame you guys missed the drama from Amy and the Uncharted team about the Last of Us DLC.

She called the story needlessly pandering to a socially abrasive niche that demeans the quality of narrative in its entirety and enforces the idea of the death of camaraderie.

She did a seminar recently about how the increasing focus on sexuality is robbing readers, viewers, and gamers of themes that have been present in story since the time of antiquity: Friendship and camaraderie.

By the end of it Amy said that we're entering an age where no one could write a story like Alls Quiet on the Western Front or Band of Brothers without people insisting that the men are gay for each other.
    if she got fired because of this she's a good person.

Fight the Future

There is really no point in speculating, we will likely never know the truth. You know the old saying, there is three sides to every story. His side, her side and the truth.

Regardless, I wish her luck in whatever she decides to do next.

Kiwi Defender

Good thing I've never cared for Uncharted, but that aside, the situtation is hilarious, especially what Ps360's post added. Now I can't wait for the Band of Brothers remake where they're all homosexuals.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Grandmasterpiece

Did she finish the Uncharted 4 story before leaving? Shame to see her leave, she was a good writer.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Uncharted 4 is apparently unaffected so either she's written her bit already or she wasn't writing for it. Either way, best of luck to her.

Anyway, i look at the ' forced ' part of this story and first thing i think is that it is used out of context to suit the writer, likely that a clash of creative ideals meant someone would have to concede defeat or walk if they felt it was no longer the challenge they wanted, she walked because she could, you think she'll actually have trouble finding a job with that resume? Not a chance.
    People want there to be drama behind every story so nobody can just 'leave' a big company, it has to be because of discrimination or summat.