Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain Will be "200 times Bigger" than Ground Zeroes

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain Will be "200 times Bigger" than Ground Zeroes within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; We've all heard that Ground Zeroes has a relatively short campaign that can be completed in about 2 hours. Also, ...

KCCO!

Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain Will be "200 times Bigger" than Ground Zeroes

We've all heard that Ground Zeroes has a relatively short campaign that can be completed in about 2 hours. Also, although we've been told that the campaign is not truly indicative of the amount of content that's in the game when you include side content, we're still somewhat skeptical about how much "bang for your buck" Ground Zeroes will really bring. Well, Kojima has come out and said that Phantom Pain will pack a ton of content, probably more content than any other Metal Gear Solid title to date. Specifically, the Phantom Pain will be "200 times bigger" than Ground Zeroes.

Additionally, it seems like Ground Zeroes was pushed out a bit quickly in order to give the MGS fans something to quench their MGS thirst while they wait for the next major installment in the blockbuster franchise.

I’ll be honest here: this wasn’t necessarily a strategic move,” Kojima said. “The Phantom Pain is roughly over 200 times bigger than Ground Zeroes… I knew we couldn’t hit a game that big for next-gen launch date [22nd February for the PS4 in Japan], and we didn’t have any Japanese titles that were available for launch… At that time Ground Zeroes was almost complete, and a lot of fans asked for a product out there, so that’s the decision I took
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is set to release on March 18, 2014. As of yet, there's no release date for The Phantom Pain.

Source: NextGenUpdate

La Mano de Dios

Hmmm... so 200 times 2 hrs = 400 hrs

Hope they don't expect several years to release it...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

when i hear "200 times bigger", i don't think how big phantom pain might be. i think how small ground zeros is.

KCCO!

People keep harping on this "2 hours" thing, like they're totally ignoring side content and such. I think Ground Zeroes will be a fun game if you're an MGS fan. If you aren't, you probably won't like it. The Phantom Pain will probably be an epic title much like MGS4 was. Even MGS4 campaign can be finished in a few hours, but you don't hear many people complaining about how short it is.

La Mano de Dios

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    People keep harping on this "2 hours" thing, like they're totally ignoring side content and such. I think Ground Zeroes will be a fun game if you're an MGS fan. If you aren't, you probably won't like it. The Phantom Pain will probably be an epic title much like MGS4 was. Even MGS4 campaign can be finished in a few hours, but you don't hear many people complaining about how short it is.
    Totally agree with you, sir... I expect awesomeness from Kojima no matter what.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I think Kojima made a great decision here. If he didn't separate Ground Zero the game might be too heavy or too much too handle and some problems might occur. I would say Ground Zero is already big. If you think Ground Zero is a rip off then simply don't buy it, no one is forcing you to do so. Even though I am not a fan of MGS, still would want to give it a try, but I do love MGS Rising Revengeance since I love hack and slash genre

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Side content in a MGS game

i never heard of such a thing

*plays peace walker*

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'll def get it cuz I just love freakin sneaking around and all the stealth AND the price dropped, so I'm set.
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Lvl 6 - Silver

200 X bigger that's interesting