Final Fantasy XIV on PS4 Lets You Choose Resolution

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy XIV on PS4 Lets You Choose Resolution within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; In the first few months of the "Next Generation" of gaming, there have been numerous cases where gamers have called ...

Good News, Everyone!

Final Fantasy XIV on PS4 Lets You Choose Resolution

In the first few months of the "Next Generation" of gaming, there have been numerous cases where gamers have called out titles for mundane reasons such as "only 30 Frames per second" and "sub-1080p resolution." Unfortunately, compromise is almost always necessary when it comes to console games. Often trading higher resolution for a lower framerate and vice versa. But what if the players were able to make this decision?

This option has long been held exclusively by the PC gaming crowd, but thanks to Square Enix, the option will soon be a reality on consoles. Their latest title, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will allow PS4 users to switch between 1080p at a max of 60 frames per second or a 720p resolution with the same framerate simply by changing the setting from the pause menu.

This slight drop in overall graphical quality can help prevent severe framerate drops when a large numbers of characters appear on screen. So do you prefer a game that looks "prettier" or one that runs at a smooth framerate?

Source: Dualshockers

Suspended

Considering how everyone's been complaining about the game being a piss-poor port that just upscales quality, this isn't good enough. They should make the damn thing look and perform like it does in the PC, what with the PS死 having PC-like architecture.

Lvl 7 - Gold

It depends on the game i guess,
    this game, FF, i would like to play in 1080,
    while with other games a high FPS would be welcome.
    Very smart to let the gamer choose, btw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It's about time that games started to implement this feature. I've never finished a FF game on the PS1/PS2, but hope to replay all of them in the near future. This was just a plus to continue the series onto my PS4.

26/26 Platinums
    1/1 PSN 100%'s

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Considering how everyone's been complaining about the game being a piss -poor port that just upscales quality, this isn't good enough. They should make the damn thing look and perform like it does in the PC, what with the PS死 having PC-like architecture.
    That is not the case with the PS4 version. I'd love to meet these "everyones" and ask them what they have to complain about. It has much better instances. PS3 has an issue with lag due to the half a gigabyte of RAM it has. The game is beautiful on either setting. It flows from skill to skill rather than having to spam a button in hopes that the attack activates. In my opinion this game performs just as well and better than the PC version. It has all the bells and whistles a PC has. I have actually quit playing on PS3 due to the incredible difference and being spoiled by it. I am not playing the game right now at all and awaiting Friday for early access to arrive.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw