The Last of Us: Grounded DLC

This is a discussion on The Last of Us: Grounded DLC within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; With over 200 Game of the Year awards and a soon to be released PS4 port, The Last of Us ...

News Team

The Last of Us: Grounded DLC

With over 200 Game of the Year awards and a soon to be released PS4 port, The Last of Us on PS3 has been a smashing success. Even its most recent single player DLC offering was highly acclaimed. However, there is one more chunk of DLC remaining.

Were you one of those players that found the Survivor and Survivor+ modes to be far less difficult than you imagined? If so, good news! The new (Season Pass only!) Grounded Bundle is comprised mostly of Multiplayer content such as new maps, weapons, and survival skills; but there is something else burried within: a new "Grounded" difficulty for the campaign. "The AI is relentless, smart, and brutal, and survival will be near impossible." Hopefully this new mode will provide a more worthy challenge.

If you haven't purchased the Season Pass, the new content will be available separately for a small fee. Grounded mode costs $4.99, the 4 new maps for $9.99, new weapons pack for $5.99, and the two survival skill bundles for $3.99 each. Season Pass owners will also receive the new Full-Auto Rifle when it releases with the new DLC pack, though a release date has not been named yet. Finally, all of this new content WILL be included in The Last of Us: Remastered for PS4.

Source: IGN

Lvl 4 - Silver

thanks for the heads up on the dlc. will definitely be playing this on ps4 in the near future after the backlog is complete.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Looking forward to the new SP difficulty the most.

KCCO!

Meh, I'm not so sure about that "Grounded" difficulty; Survivor was plenty challenging.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Meh, I'm not so sure about that "Grounded" difficulty; Survivor was plenty challenging.
    Same here, I hope they do an preview of this mode and show how the new enemy AI reacts rather than limit resources like in Survivor. In Survivor you had to aim well and not waste much ammo. Make the most with the less you get but that's it. I hope this means even enemy AI would capture Ellie or at least hold her because she can throw bottles to them. I dont mean like they could kill her but at least do something new. I fear this mode would be just even less resources and ammo plus enemies hurt more, would be incredible pathetic and so lazy from ND
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    Same here, I hope they do an preview of this mode and show how the new enemy AI reacts rather than limit resources like in Survivor. In Survivor you had to aim well and not waste much ammo. Make the most with the less you get but that's it. I hope this means even enemy AI would capture Ellie or at least hold her because she can throw bottles to them. I dont mean like they could kill her but at least do something new. I fear this mode would be just even less resources and ammo plus enemies hurt more, would be incredible pathetic and so lazy from ND
    I feel like what you're asking for would require a lot more coding than they're willing to end up doing. Not saying they won't, but it seems unlikely. What I see them doing is something like that updated difficulty Resident Evil 6 got, like how they added new restrictions like how your health wouldn't recover after respawning and other stuff I don't specifically remember.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedkinpark View Post
    I feel like what you're asking for would require a lot more coding than they're willing to end up doing. Not saying they won't, but it seems unlikely. What I see them doing is something like that updated difficulty Resident Evil 6 got, like how they added new restrictions like how your health wouldn't recover after respawning and other stuff I don't specifically remember.
    If this is true and they wont add the minimal of new interactions between enemy AI and the player I wont get this at all. I already played the campaign too many times and I was hoping to see anything new on this ps4 version. I know graphics wont be that great or that much of an improvement and this mode was the one keeping me interested on it. I'll just wait and see but I suppose this version is for people who never tried or played this game on ps3. I guess I'll save my money and wait for Uncharted 4
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The difficulty setting sounds like its hard for the sake of it... I think survivor was hard enough, always the frustration when you looked for supplies and found none for hours, always those frustrating encounters with clickers and stalkers who seem to literally sniff you out anywhere. That was no fun at all.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    If this is true and they wont add the minimal of new interactions between enemy AI and the player I wont get this at all. I already played the campaign too many times and I was hoping to see anything new on this ps4 version. I know graphics wont be that great or that much of an improvement and this mode was the one keeping me interested on it. I'll just wait and see but I suppose this version is for people who never tried or played this game on ps3. I guess I'll save my money and wait for Uncharted 4
    I personally plan on double-dipping even if they don't change much since I loved this game, but just like Tomb Raider I won't get it until I find a new copy for less than $30. $60 is too much for a re-released game imo.

INTJ

"smart ai that was originally advertised - 20$ please ontop of your 60$ purchase"

-modern game developers

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    "smart ai that was originally advertised - 20$ please ontop of your 60$ purchase"

-modern game developers
    "Grounded mode costs $4.99"

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but there's no need to lie. Unless, of course, you're including the maps and weapon packs into the "smart ai".

Lvl 3 - Bronze

GROUNDED MODE SINGLE PLAYER - will be complete the campaign with melee weapons only, look at the logo for it
    Hall of Fame - Best Platinum Trophies

Bioshock (100%) | LittleBigPlanet (100%) | Trine (100%) | Dead Nation (100%) | Batman: Arkham Asylum (100%) |
    Borderlands (100%) | Singularity (100%) | Dead Space (100%) | Bioshock 2 (100%) | Rage (100%) | Killzone HD (100%) |
    RESOGUN (100%)
    | Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (100%)

coming soon ... God of War (82%) | God of War II (88%)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ro-llow View Post
    GROUNDED MODE SINGLE PLAYER - will be complete the campaign with melee weapons only, look at the logo for it
    If that's true then that's pretty lousy. The only thing I ever used in my survivor play through was a brick or bottle and then melee. I was so concerned with saving ammo that I never even used guns.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    They said it was meant to be even harder, and the trophies attached would be some of the hardest available in the whole Playstation trophy library.

Check out my trophy blog! - http://simplysupreme1.blogspot.co.uk/
    Last Updated 24/7/2014