Soul Calibur: Lost Swords Unplayable, For Now

This is a discussion on Soul Calibur: Lost Swords Unplayable, For Now within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; While the F2P fighting game is out, players are unable to play the game due to an error. Even though ...

KCCO!

Soul Calibur: Lost Swords Unplayable, For Now

While the F2P fighting game is out, players are unable to play the game due to an error.

Even though it's a single-player game, when you fire it up, the game requires you to connect to its servers. Apparently, this is where the issue lies. The PS3 produces an error message and kicks the player back to the title screen. While it hasn't affected all players, the error is very common.

Bandai Namco is aware of the issue, and they are working to come up with a resolution.

We have discovered that the issue requires a resolution across multiple parties and therefore our efforts to remedy the issue is taking longer than anticipated." the publisher said last night on the Soulcalibur Facebook page. "Currently we are working feverishly with a key partner to implement a solution in the shortest amount of time possible
    Source: Joystiq.
    Last edited by Vettes; 04-24-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

The same thing happens to Destiny of Spirits. F2P games always have server problems

Lvl 9 - Gold

I finally was able to log in today and not get the Error 1098, however after creating a character once I tried to do the tutorial mission I got a new error 2028 and was booted out yet again. So they got one problem down but there is at least one more.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    While the F2P fighting game is out, players are unable to play the game due to an error.

Even though it's a single-player game, when you fire it up, the game requires you to connect to its servers. Apparently, this is where the issue lies. The PS3 produces an error message and kicks the player back to the title screen. While it hasn't affected all players, the error is very common.
    I have a similar problem with Namco's other F2P title, Tekken Revolution. Whenever I attempt to play the game, it fails to upload the Game Save and boots me back to the title screen. On the rare occasion I do manage to connect, I can't get into a match . US or EU version makes no difference - the same fucking annoying problem is blocking me from getting 100% of the trophies.

I'll put Lost Swords into the same "not with a bargepole" category and I can't be arsed to download it. Free trophies just ain't worth the grief handed out by unreliable servers.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well, I played Lost Swords last night and it worked just fine. Might of been random luck or something.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    I finally was able to log in today and not get the Error 1098, however after creating a character once I tried to do the tutorial mission I got a new error 2028 and was booted out yet again. So they got one problem down but there is at least one more.
    Same thing happened to me last night...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I had already downloaded the Japanese version & 100%’ed the Trophies, even though I didn’t really understand much of the item & upgrade menus. I never had any error messages. When I saw it was finally out in English, I downloaded it again, hoping to see what all I was missing out on due to my lack of understanding Japanese, but I am completely unable to access the North American version of the game. If it had not been for this thread, I would have remained under the impression that my playing the JP version first was the problem, but now I’m relieved to see that it’s not the case. Oddly though, I can still boot up the JP version without any issues. Another thing strange about it though, is that when I first tried to load the NA version, it created more save data. I have both the NA and JP versions of Tekken Revolution downloaded, and they both access a single game save, so I’m confused as to why SC Lost Swords has two. I’ve even tried completely deleting my JP data (I backed up the save first, of course) but that didn’t fix the error. That was obviously while I still believed it to be a more isolated problem. Hopefully they resolve this soon enough. For those of you who haven’t played it, it’s a hell of a lot of fun.

Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have been able to play it quite a bit the last 2 days and occasionally I have issues where I cant connect but it seems like they have somewhat fixed the issue making the game unplayable