PS+ No Longer Required for "Full" DriveClub Version

This is a discussion on PS+ No Longer Required for "Full" DriveClub Version within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Sony has decided to reverse their policy regarding the upcoming title DriveClub . Previously, PS+ subscribers would be able to ...

KCCO!

PS+ No Longer Required for "Full" DriveClub Version

Sony has decided to reverse their policy regarding the upcoming title DriveClub. Previously, PS+ subscribers would be able to play a "lite" version of the game, with the option to upgrade to the full version for a $50 charge. The issue was that you still needed to subscribe to PS+ in order for the game to continue to function.

Sony has reversed their decision, and announced via twitter that the full game will no longer require a PS+ subscription. Sony has confirmed a release date of October 7, 2014 for DriveClub.

Source: CVG
    Last edited by Vettes; 05-09-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Thank you Hitman and thank you Sony for the info

Vote for my picture at this link http://bit.ly/1pvM6C5

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldX View Post
    Thank you Hitman and thank you Sony for the info
    No problem.

PRO Member

DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition Details (Updated) – PlayStation.Blog

PlayStation recognises that the prior plan for DRIVECLUB entitlement for the upgrade to the PS Plus edition was not appropriate
    No kidding. It was worse than a MMO with any type of pay or free model.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Autumn Leaves

Wouldn't make any sense to keep the policy they had so it's good to hear they reversed it. Thanks Hitman.

Lvl 7 - Gold

this is great news.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I figured they'd make the change sooner or later. The policy they were going with before basically flies in the face of the rest of their PS+ policies. It's along the same lines of saying "You know that game you bought at a discount on PS+ a while back? Well, you don't have PS+ anymore, so you don't get the game either." That's total bullshit, so I'm glad they came to their senses.
    The Jolly Green Giant
    Has a stable full of hos
    Except instead of ladies
    He pimps out potatoes

-Roast Beef

On the edge

It is still utter BS that the "free PS+ edition" is not the full game. PS+ subscribers are supposed to get so many free "full" games every month, and well, the Drive Club that they are giving PS+ is basically just a demo version. If it is given as the free game for PS+ then we shouldn't have to still pay for the full game, minus $10, to access the rest of the game.

sig by Mercinarie

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ichris26 View Post
    It is still utter BS that the "free PS+ edition" is not the full game. PS+ subscribers are supposed to get so many free "full" games every month, and well, the Drive Club that they are giving PS+ is basically just a demo version. If it is given as the free game for PS+ then we shouldn't have to still pay for the full game, minus $10, to access the rest of the game.
    'Utter BS', huh? At what point has PS+ EVER given subscribers a $60 game for free on launch day/month? If that's what you were truly expecting, you're delusion. PS+ is $50 a YEAR, why the fuck would they throw a $60 exclusive out the window just to make spoiled ****s happy? The last thing Sony needs to do with the Playstation brand is flush it down the toilet like the rest of their divisions.
    <signature>
    </signature>

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    'Utter BS', huh? At what point has PS+ EVER given subscribers a $60 game for free on launch day/month? If that's what you were truly expecting, you're delusion. PS+ is $50 a YEAR, why the fuck would they throw a $60 exclusive out the window just to make spoiled ****s happy? The last thing Sony needs to do with the Playstation brand is flush it down the toilet like the rest of their divisions.
    This. You guys are lucky to even get a part of the game for free on launch day. Want the full game? Pay for it.

On the edge

Because that is what they promised when they told the details of the PS4 launch....that Drive Club would be free at launch. Seeing that it will be released way after that failed promised date then at least they should not restrict how much of the game is accessible.

I don't know who the spoiled Shites you are talking about but I have poured quite a lot of money into PSN over the years and when I am told that when I pay for x service and y is free then damnit, it should be free. Sony makes plenty of money off gamers and it doesn't hurt them to give free games for members or they wouldn't do it.

This is the first game that they have done this with so far....and it is a bad turn. Giving us basically a demo version of a game promised to us at launch almost a year late is utter BS. So yeah it is.

sig by Mercinarie

PRO Member

Because that is what they promised when they told the details of the PS4 launch....that Drive Club would be free at launch. Seeing that it will be released way after that failed promised date then at least they should not restrict how much of the game is accessible.

I don't know who the spoiled Shites you are talking about but I have poured quite a lot of money into PSN over the years and when I am told that when I pay for x service and y is free then damnit, it should be free. Sony makes plenty of money off gamers and it doesn't hurt them to give free games for members or they wouldn't do it.

This is the first game that they have done this with so far....and it is a bad turn. Giving us basically a demo version of a game promised to us at launch almost a year late is utter BS. So yeah it is.
    This is the earliest post on the PS Blog website regarding specifics of Driveclub. They stated in June 2013 they'd have specifics, and they gave them in this post, dated August 20, 2013:

DRIVECLUB Pre-order Bonuses Revealed €“ PlayStation.Blog
    Offered within the Instant Game Collection, with no need to pre-order, Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition gives you an exciting selection of cars across all 5 classes, beautiful locations and exciting race tracks featured that you can play in all game modes, but does not include all Driveclub content unless you upgrade.
    And for those of you who play the Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition, but want to extend your experience and get access to all the cars, locations, challenges, events and seasons Driveclub has to offer, you can buy an upgrade to the full game – or just buy individual items as you go along.
    Sorry you've been reading fairy tales somewhere else, yet don't go claiming ignorance or self righteousness because you've thrown money at completely unrelated projects - we all have, and we got what we paid for.

If you don't like the fact that it's a year late, boo-fucking-hoo, don't play it. I'd rather have them work on it a year longer than have a broken, unfinished launch game. Anyone who wants Sony to be successful, therefore making their system purchase that much more worthwhile, would agree.
    <signature>
    </signature>

On the edge

Sorry you've been reading fairy tales somewhere else, yet don't go claiming ignorance or self righteousness because you've thrown money at completely unrelated projects - we all have, and we got what we paid for.

If you don't like the fact that it's a year late, boo-fucking-hoo, don't play it. I'd rather have them work on it a year longer than have a broken, unfinished launch game. Anyone who wants Sony to be successful, therefore making their system purchase that much more worthwhile, would agree.
    I actually hate racing games to be honest and I don't really care that it can't be played until a year after it was supposed to be out because I will most likely never play it. My whole point is that it is still basically a demo and I am sure it will be put up as the free game for the "instant game collection" which it shouldn't because it isn't a full game.

And you know the internet is already full of keyboard warriors, no need for you to follow in their footsteps and be a d*ck as well.

sig by Mercinarie

PRO Member

And you know the internet is already full of keyboard warriors, no need for you to follow in their footsteps and be a d*ck as well.
    The same could be said about whiny, self entitled, ill-informed, faux sensationalist consumers. I just don't want people picking up the same attitude from false information.
    <signature>
    </signature>

INTJ

Legally (like most smart companies) they said driveclub will be avalible for 59.99 and for ps plus members the driveclub PS Plus edition is free.

just by saying PS Plus edition they basically said "your getting a different version of the game".

its how another company mojang got around giving alpha minecraft users a free copy of the console versions. The Console minecraft versions are called "Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition" or "Minecraft: PS3 Edition" and not just "Minecraft"

TL;DR Lawyers are doing their job

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PS+ is great, it's way better than what our good friends over at Microsoft do with Xbox Live...Charge you to use the online services and make you pay for anything extra (I know they do some scheme similar to PS+ now where you get free games each month, but for years, they never did...)

The best thing they could have done for an online subscription was what they did...Make me subscribe to PS+ and still give them the benefits for it...They could have just charged a seperate rate for the online component and still kept it apart from PS+ but they took the generous route and rolled it all into one.

Check out my trophy blog! - http://simplysupreme1.blogspot.co.uk/
    Last Updated 6/8/2014