E3 2014: PlayStation TV Goes West

This is a discussion on E3 2014: PlayStation TV Goes West within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; The PlayStation TV (originally PS Vita TV) was announced for a Japanese release last year. Now the device will make ...

Good News, Everyone!

E3 2014: PlayStation TV Goes West

The PlayStation TV (originally PS Vita TV) was announced for a Japanese release last year. Now the device will make its way to North America in the near future. The device is capable of playing most PS Vita games (not including ones that require Touchscreens, sorry Tearaway fans) on a full HD TV screen. It will also be capable of playing some PSOne Classics and PSP games as well as streaming PS Now titles once the service launches in late July (this same strategy can be used to remote play PS4 games on a separate TV). The device will sell for $99 by itself, or be available in a bundle with a DualShock 3 controller, 8GB memory card, HDMI cable, and copy of the LEGO Movie: The Video Game for $139.
    Last edited by Schism; 06-10-2014 at 07:54 PM.

illegal in 9 countries

Ahem....how do i put this as succinctly as possible, while imparting the correct amount of enthusiasm.
    FUCK YEAH!...that'll do nicely

Remote PS4 play on a separate TV is the big news for me. I'm often restricted in my PS4 time thanks to the better half hogging it to watch her girly drivel shows, so being able to pump it to another screen via PSTV will solve that problem nicely. I can do it already on the Vita, but the touchscreens become an issue for , , and .

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 4 - Silver

Wish this was arriving sooner. Is it ds4 compatible?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by seether98 View Post
    I don't think the Japanese one is but they could possibly update it for the Western version. I don't see it happening though.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by seether98 View Post
    From the PS Now FAQ -

Will you support DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller on devices other than PS4?
    PS TV supports DS4. Per other supported devices, we have nothing to announce at this point in time

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

You Know You Love Me

Update:
    PlayStation TV is confirmed for Australia as well, with a launch window of "Spring 2014." The price will be $149.99 RRP.

Not sure why we have to pay an extra $50. Would probably cost less to just fucking import it.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Update: PlayStation TV is confirmed for Australia as well, with a launch window of "Spring 2014." The price will be $149.99 RRP.

Not sure why we have to pay an extra $50. Would probably cost less to just fucking import it.
    It will indeed, though their might be regional firmware, like the original Play TV, which resolved several firmware iterations later.

You know this sucker right here's gonna buy at least two, so I'll defo import one from the US and post the results.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    From the PS Now FAQ -

Will you support DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller on devices other than PS4?
    PS TV supports DS4. Per other supported devices, we have nothing to announce at this point in time
    After doing some research on pstv I figured a big part of it is to stream your ps4 to another tv. With that being said it must support ds4.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I hope it comes to europe too!