Space Hulk: Deathwing Launching on PS4 in 2015

This is a discussion on Space Hulk: Deathwing Launching on PS4 in 2015 within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Today on the PlayStation Blog, Streum On Studio announced their upcoming game: Space Hulk: Deathwing - a first-person shooter set ...

KCCO!

Space Hulk: Deathwing Launching on PS4 in 2015

Today on the PlayStation Blog, Streum On Studio announced their upcoming game: Space Hulk: Deathwing - a first-person shooter set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, to be released for the PlayStation 4 some time in 2015. It is being co-produced by Cyanide Studios.

In Space Hulk: Deathwing, you'll take on the role of a Space Marine, more specifically, one from the most secret and feared of Companies, the Deathwing from the Dark Angels. You'll do battle against Genestealers in the confined tunnels of a Space Hulk. Space Hulks are made up of gigantic asteroids, derelict ships, and other space debris. They drift along the currents of the Warp, and often grow to the size of a moon. They may contain treasures and lost technologies of ancient civilizations, but they aren't without their share of danger in the forn of infestations of the Genestealers.

As you progress through the game you gain skills, abilities and new equipment. You'll gain experience and Fervor Points, which you'll be able to spend on 4 skill trees.

Source: US PS Blog.
    Last edited by Ghost; 06-27-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

looks/sounds pretty cool.
    Last edited by Ghost; 06-27-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: added video to OP, thanks Lukas

You Know You Love Me

No gameplay yet, but the devs know the source material so I'm cautiously optimistic. It absolutely MUST be co-op.

Not sure how I feel about playing as a Librarian, though. I'd much prefer just a regular Terminator, then be able to branch into Support or Assault builds. Dark Angels are easily one of my favourite chapters so I'm glad they went with that choice.

From the trailer it looks like it won't just be Genestealers (that was definitely a Hive Tyrant at the end).

Sin is in 10

When I saw this thread, part of me wished it was for a Planet Hulk or World War Hulk game adaptation from the Marvel Universe, but oh well

Sig and Avatar by SideEffect

PRO Trophy Hunter

Wow, I can't wait for get that game.

My Checklist - Trophy Hunting Missions [CLICK THIS BANNER] Checklist Updated:
    Posted Mission Failed
    8/24/14

Posted New Mission
    and Weeky Report
    8/31/14

Posted My Recent Purchase
    and Weeky Report
    9/6/14

Kiwi Defender

I wonder if it'll turn out like the last Space Marine game . Warhammer is one of those things from which devs could create so many games from different genres, but no one ever seems to get it just right.

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER_ View Post
    When I saw this thread, part of me wished it was for a Planet Hulk or World War Hulk game adaptation from the Marvel Universe, but oh well
    That'd probably be shit, though, so why hope for it to happen ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER_ View Post

I am ever so slightly amused by the idea of Hulk in a space helmet, maybe even shouting SPAAAAAACE HULK SMAAAAAASH! like he was in some weird Portal 2 crossover. I too had minor hope for a new Hulk game, but Warhammer will do I suppose.

PRO Member

Very disappointed this is not a Hulk game, that would have been awesome

The Playboy Wikipedia

I honestly was expecting this to be a game about the Hulk, but in space. Slightly disappointed TBH.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!