Bungie Reveals Destiny Collectors Editions

This is a discussion on Bungie Reveals Destiny Collectors Editions within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; In honor of Bungie Day (Bungie has always had a thing for the number 7), the developer has revealed three ...

Good News, Everyone!

Bungie Reveals Destiny Collectors Editions

In honor of Bungie Day (Bungie has always had a thing for the number 7), the developer has revealed three new Collectors Editions for its next title Destiny. Destiny will release on September 9, 2014.

[top]Limited Edition ($99.99)

Humanity has been searching the ruins of our Golden Age for Guardians – heroes capable of wielding Light as a weapon. You have just been found and given a vital mission: defend our home, drive back the forces of Darkness, find a way to awaken the Traveler, and Become Legend.

Contents
    • Limited edition SteelBook case and game disc
    • Guardian Folio, containing:
      • “Arms and Armament” Field Guide: Many believe the weapons and armor featured in this record are a myth. You will learn the truth.
      • Postcards from the Golden Age: Our worlds have been claimed by our enemies. Now, it’s time to take them back.
      • Antique Star Chart: Explore the wild frontiers of our solar system. Discover all that we have lost.
    • Collector’s edition digital content: The City has provided you with a cache of items to start you on your journey, including:
      • A Unique Ghost Casing
      • An Exclusive Player Emblem
      • An Exclusive Player Ship Skin
    • Includes the Destiny Expansion Pass

[top]Ghost Edition ($149.99)

This is your Ghost. It sought you out for centuries. It found you, dead and forgotten in the ruins of our civilisation’s violent Collapse, and it brought you back to life to protect us all. Defend our home, drive back the forces of Darkness, find a way to awaken the Traveler, and Become Legend.

Contents
    • Limited edition SteelBook case and game disc
    • Ghost Replica: This is your motion-sensing Ghost, featuring lights and audio from the game. May it lead you through the Darkness.
    • Letter of Introduction: These worlds were once ours. If you accept your destiny, you will be asked to do the impossible.
    • Golden Age Relics, which include a Patch, Sticker and two Chrome slides of the Traveler (was previously missing from the description)
    • Guardian Folio, containing:
      • “Arms and Armament” Field Guide: Many believe the weapons and armor featured in this record are a myth. You will learn the truth.
      • Postcards from the Golden Age: Our worlds have been claimed by our enemies. Now, it’s time to take them back.
      • Antique Star Chart: Explore the wild frontiers of our solar system. Discover all that we have lost.
    • Collector’s Edition digital content: The City has also provided you with a cache of items to start you on your journey, including:
      • A Unique Ghost Casing
      • An Exclusive Player Emblem
      • An Exclusive Player Ship Skin

[top]Digital Guardian Edition (Price TBD)

Destiny is a next generation first person shooter, with rich cinematic storytelling set in huge worlds to explore. Create and customise your Guardian. Defeat your enemies. Become Legend in intense cooperative, competitive, and innovative public gameplay modes.

Contents
    • Digital download of Destiny
    • Early access to Vanguard Armory and Player Emblem pre-order bonus
    • Reservation for two upcoming Destiny Expansions, “The Dark Below” and “House of Wolves,” featuring:
      • Brand new story missions
      • Cooperative and competitive multiplayer arenas
      • A wealth of all new weapons, armor, and gear to earn
    • Collector’s Edition Digital Content Pack: Exclusive in-game Ghost Casing, Player Ship, and Player Emblem

The Destiny Expansion Pass

The Destiny Expansion Pass includes Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below and Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves. In addition, the pass will add new story content, co-op missions, and multiplayer areas.

Source: EU PSblog

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Digital for me.

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Kiwi Defender

Kind of glad they didn't decide to release one with a figure or statue, given how much space those take up - not to mention how much they end up costing .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Digital Terror

Ghost for me

Currently Playing
    Borderlands The Pre Sequel
    Destiny

Lvl 5 - Silver

I think I'll go with the Limited Edition. The Ghost replica sounds cool, but it doesn't sound like it's worth the extra 50 bucks IMO. It sounds like the kind of thing that will be cool and I'll test it out, then it'll sit on my shelf for eternity.
    The Jolly Green Giant
    Has a stable full of hos
    Except instead of ladies
    He pimps out potatoes

-Roast Beef

Renegade Time Lord

Wonder if these will be in the UK as well.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by CitrusFury View Post
    I think I'll go with the Limited Edition. The Ghost replica sounds cool, but it doesn't sound like it's worth the extra 50 bucks IMO. It sounds like the kind of thing that will be cool and I'll test it out, then it'll sit on my shelf for eternity.
    I completely agree! The little ghost is cool, but not worth another 50$.
    I pre-ordered the Limited Editon. Can't wait :'D

Lvl 7 - Gold

i may upgrade to the limited edition.

INTJ

ghost is already sold out on amazon

im glad i pre-ordered

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ghost edition here, was hoping for a statue but hey there's another 10 years worth of collecters editions right.

aka.Chief

limited edition all day. cant wait to play this game for the entire PS4 lifecycle

Blood in the Streets

Think I'll just get the regular version.